Craig Pickering

white is right

Hall of Famer
No way he is juicing.....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
I think he could enter the Kentucky Derby.....
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
to think CP has got to run against guys like this is a joke.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
That guy is definitely on PEDs.
But Craig needs to worry about himself - starting better and running faster.
Today he came in 2nd in his heat - 10.28.
Here is how the competiton performed:
Chambers 10.20
Williamson 10.24
Edgar 10.27
Pickering 10.28
Aryeetey 10.29

Maple Leaf

Mentor
It is amazing how many guys like Aryeety just get away with it. He has a slender, slight, frame at he's attaching a lot of muscle to it. He's walking around with a PED's flag attached to his back. He should be catchable.

But as StarWars said, he needs to just worry about himself and beat Edgar or Williamson. If he puts it all together he will.

ArizState03

Finals are set

Semi times

10.15 - Williamson
10.30 - Chambers
10.32 - Pickering
10.34 - Edgar
10.50 - Aikines Aryeetey
10.56 - Yearwood
10.58 - Ellington
10.57 - Lewis-Francis

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well Craig made it through his semi-final heat and qualified for the final. Chambers and Williamson look to be strong favorites for 1st and 2nd in the final. Pickering and Edgar look about even for 3rd, with Ayreety right on their heels.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You never heard of saving yourself jacknyc. It's all about the big dance if you know what I'm talking about. Only run fast enough to advance. Harry probably is the most fresh. Sim made a statement but it just may cost him. No need to run that fast until tonight. Trust me my friend. You will see something special if the start can come around. Possibly close to a sub 10. But the over .200 reaction times need to stop. Where is the flippin hearing aid. The false start early on in the season has played with the mind all year.

albinosprint

Mentor
as much as I want a great time out of him, I would rather him run a ok time and take first. I wan't the brothers to feel like ass when the race is over!

ArizState03

Wow.
smiley5.gif

Even without Dasaolu and Devonish, he still got bounced. Laura Turner's out too. Oh well. There's always 2011 in Seoul, and 2012 in London. At least he'll be on the relay team.

10.05 in -1.8 wind for Williamson. He'll be going sub-10 in Berlin.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
Well Craig made it through his semi-final heat and qualified for the final. Chambers and Williamson look to be strong favorites for 1st and 2nd in the final. Pickering and Edgar look about even for 3rd, with Ayreety right on their heels.

It seems my evaluation of the final was just about right:

1 Simeon WILLIAMSON HIGHGATE 10.05 0.166 SB

2 Dwain CHAMBERS BELGRAVE 10.22 0.147

3 Tyrone EDGAR NEWHAM EB 10.28 0.141

4 Craig PICKERING MILTON K 10.33 0.164

5 Harry AIKINES ARYEETEY SUTTON 10.35 0.132

6 James ELLINGTON BELGRAVE 10.51 0.136

7 Leevan YEARWOOD VICTORIA P 10.52 0.165

8 Mark LEWIS-FRANCIS BIRCHFIELD 10.53

StarWars

Mentor
Well f**k. Another average time. Probably about 10.20 flat wind and low 10.1s with some wind behind hiim. The reaction time was actually not bad. The race just wasn't fast enough. At least he can still medal in Berlin in the relay.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Craig has to start thinking about changing something. Whatever he's doing he still seems to be coming up with 10.2s or low 10.3s on many races. If he's going to break the sound barrier he needs to add something different to his diet or training or training location. There is a piece to the puzzle that is missing. After all, what does he need another meter?

StarWars

Mentor
He is like 23. Even if he keeps doing what he's doing after 6 years a sub 10 and medal is inevitable. My advice would be to cut the indoor season. Does Craig have any more individual races?

albinosprint

Mentor
I'm f**king depressed! I thought he would still place to go individually. Williamson's training in Jamaica obviously paid off.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No excuses. What is done is done. I couldn't even explain it if I tried. Both Chambers and Edgar got out of the blocks ahead but it just seemed like the top end speed wasn't there. Not enough time to catch them. Congrats to the ped kids.

Just didn't get it done today. More sadness than anger as reality sets in. Unbelivable. I'm shocked. There will be alot more individual races but it won't matter now as everything that is most important is a wash. Holy crap. Just didn't get it done. It's going to be a long summer and an eternity until 2012! This was going to be special. Worked too hard to have it all end like this.

I have to agree with Maple Leaf. Time for some serious changes. Man I'm bummed!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One last thing. If the rules were the same as the olympics, the trip to Berlin would be booked. Chambers wouldn't have been allowed to compete because of his lifetime ban. The team would be Sim, Tyrone, and Craig for the individual 100 meters. Damn the druggies win again!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Pickering must change!
I'm really not surprised at today's performance. I've been hinting at this since the season began, but there's really been no evidence that this would be a good year for him. His indoor season was mediocre at best. His start has gone from bad to worse. It's actually one of the worst starts in the business.
With the exception of his 10.08w, his times have been poor to average (for him). His PB for the season is only 10.23. If he doesn't improve on that, it will be his slowest yearly best since 2004.
There's a lot of cheers and hype for Craig here, but I think what he really needs is some tough love. Some coach to kick his ass and tell him his starts are unacceptable, his sprinting form is horrible, and that depending on his closing speed just won't cut it.
Sorry for the harsh evaluation, I know Craig is the most admired sprinter on this forum, but I think I am being objective when I say that Craig really hasn't performed well and needs to overhaul his training 'system'.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your right jacknyc. Need to finish the season and hope for a new p.b. Then the best thing in my opinion would be to skip the indoor season and work every thing out from top to bottom. Possibly a change of coach's as well. All options are on the table after this season ends. Total run of the emotions from sadness/depression to anger and rage. Need to bounce back in a big way. Won't be 23 until this fall. There is still plenty of time but only if it's time spent productively. It will be very hard to try to change but at this point it has to be done.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Two options for Craig are next weekends European Under 23 Championships. Then there is also the European Junior Championships the weekend after that. Age might be a factor in that one but the Under 23 is on the table if the coach says yes. Won't hit 23 years of age until October.