College Hoops Season 2023-24

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
it was a terrific night for our teams in n Tuesday, as several underdogs prevailed over more highly touted opponents.

nearly-all-White Creighton knocked off #1 UConn at home, led by a superb first half from sharp shooting point guard Steven Ashworth.

#25 BYU knocked off #11 Baylor.

#18 Saint Mary’s won their 14th-straight game, knocking off conference rival San Francisco.

Iowa knocked off nearly-all-black Michigan State on the road.

Wisconsin defeated all-black Maryland.

Boise State crushed San Jose State.

our guys played very well.
Great news!!! Lots of White talent all over the college ranks right now.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Grant Nelson (of Chitwood University fame) is balling out against Florida tonight! in the first half, he had a game-high 11 points (5-8 shooting), 3 rebounds, and 5 blocks! he’s trying to keep Alabama in the game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Grant Nelson (of Chitwood University fame) is balling out against Florida tonight! in the first half, he had a game-high 11 points (5-8 shooting), 3 rebounds, and 5 blocks! he’s trying to keep Alabama in the game.
Nelson finished the game with a team-high 22 points (9-14 shooting), a career-high 6 blocked shots, and 8 rebounds in leading Alabama to an overtime win. it was only the second time since before Christmas that he’d taken more than 8 shots in a game. many of his baskets last night were on spectacular dunks, showcasing his vastly underrated explosive ability.

Crimson Tide freshman forward Sam Walters added 14 points (5-8 shooting), including 4 triples, off the bench.

the game was marred by a VERY dirty cheap shot elbow by Bama’s Mohamed Wague on Florida's talented freshman, Alex Condon. it remains to be seen what, if anything, the SEC will do to discipline him.

for the Gators, Condon finished with 10 points (4-5 shooting) off the bench, and sophomore center Micah Handlogten finished with a game-high 13 rebounds and a team-high 3 blocks.

Kyle Filipowski had a strong game for the Dukies in a win. he had 15 points (5-7 shooting), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks, and just 1 turnover.

Tyler Kolek, the best point guard in the nation (in my opinion) sliced up DePaul in a blowout victory. Kolek only took 2 shots, making one, but he absolutely controlled the game. the stellar floor general finished with a school record 18 assists!!! he only had 2 turnovers. simply superb!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Appreciate the updates! I caught a bit of Filipowski in action and he had a nice post move and reverse dunk!

Kolek’s assist to turnover ratio is crazy! 18:2!

Also Louisville lost again to Notre Dame!

*Ive also noticed Alabamas treatment of Nelson. Hard to have an impact when so few shots taken. His shooting numbers are lower than at NDSU but at least he’s showing he can rebound and play defense in SEC. Not sure where his draft stock is, at this point.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Reed Shepard reminds me so much of a young Rex Chapman when I look at him. What do you guys think?
More like Indiana's Steve Alford. WL are you old enough to remember King Rex? LOL! He was in college almost 40 years ago. You seem like a younger man. Chapman was a shooting guard, a little taller/lankier and more explosive! When Rex had a fast break, he generally finished with a thunderous dunk. Not sure Sheppard's going to win any dunk contests. However, Sheppard a PG handles the ball a little better and shoots alot better than Chapman did. Love Sheppard, but I believe they're two different types of players. JMO. I've only seen Sheppard play a few times, but physical observations and the early college stats should prove the point.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
More like Indiana's Steve Alford. WL are you old enough to remember King Rex? LOL! He was in college almost 40 years ago. You seem like a younger man. Chapman was a shooting guard, a little taller/lankier and more explosive! When Rex had a fast break, he generally finished with a thunderous dunk. Not sure Sheppard's going to win any dunk contests. However, Sheppard a PG handles the ball a little better and shoots alot better than Chapman did. Love Sheppard, but I believe they're two different types of players. JMO. I've only seen Sheppard play a few times, but physical observations and the early college stats should prove the point.

I was talking more about his facial looks and not his dunking. He is still a good athlete. Not as explosive as Chapman but he just may have
an overall better game. I really like what I see from this young man. Hope he continues to excel.

Great Video El Gringo. Thanks.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Sheppard is obviously a great shooter but his first step is what impresses me most. He’s so quick and can blow past defenders with ease. Reminds me of McClung, who’s also nearly impossible to stop…

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sheppard is obviously a great shooter but his first step is what impresses me most. He’s so quick and can blow past defenders with ease. Reminds me of McClung, who’s also nearly impossible to stop…

i think he is quite a jumper too. Reed Sheppard's Vertical Jump has to be around where his dads was. His dad had a 40 inch vertical and
should have had a nice career in the NBA but that didn't pan out. Reed Sheppard will be drafted for sure and he should have every
chance to make an nba team. He is just too good to get the McClung Treatment. Reed does 2 hand dunks in games with ease and
can also easily do a reverse dunk at only 6'3. He is very athletic. From his high school days to the AAU Games. Have a look.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the multiple posts but Kentucky Player Joey Hart has the highest vertical leap on the team! Joey Hart
won the Dunk Contest but don't expect the media to tell you that as they all tell us it's not possible.

71177578007-jf-big-blue-madness-jf-233571.jpg

Kentucky guard Joey Hart (20) flew high for a dunk to win the dunk contest at Big Blue Madness on Friday evening at Rupp Arena. Oct. 13, 2023

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Anyone watching the Kentucky/Tennessee game? What a pleasure watching two white players being the stars of the game. Kentucky's Reed Sheppard only a freshman 9-13, 27 points and 6 assists off the bench and Tennessee's Dalton Knecht with 40 points. 2:19 left, KU 80- TN 71. WOW!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Anyone watching the Kentucky/Tennessee game? What a pleasure watching two white players being the stars of the game. Kentucky's Reed Sheppard only a freshman 9-13, 27 points and 6 assists off the bench and Tennessee's Dalton Knecht with 40 points. 2:19 left, KU 80- TN 71. WOW!
Didn’t see it but it’s nice having 2 White athletes dominate the SEC! Both will be lottery picks in the upcoming NBA draft.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Also just noticed St. Mary’s knocked off Gonzaga and won the WCC Title! Nice!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Also just noticed St. Mary’s knocked off Gonzaga and won the WCC Title! Nice!
Good for them! Most years they can’t get past the Zags. And lately they are by far the more White friendly program.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good for them! Most years they can’t get past the Zags. And lately they are by far the more White friendly program.
Definitely got the monkey that is Gonzaga off their backs! Good to see them peaking in March, they struggled a bit opening up the season.