College Hoops Season 2023-24

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Saint Mary’s Gaels are still undefeated in conference play after knocking off Gonzaga in the Zags’ home gym Saturday night.

the Gaels who play a nearly-all-White rotation started off very cold (they only hit 1 of their first 11 shots), but they didn’t panic and clawed back to make a game of it midway through the first half. the second half was a back-and-forth affair, but the Gaels were the more poised team down the stretch and earned a tough win on the road.

Gonzaga, who start only one White player and have two other freshmen gym rats come off the bench in their usually-only-7-man rotation, are not the team of former years when they played a free flowing, beautiful passing, up-tempo offensive style. this year’s team doesn’t have that identity for some reason (they had only 5 assists FOR THE GAME against Saint Mary’s, for example), and it shows in the results.

Saint Mary’s started off the season with some tough losses and worse shooting performances, but they look to have righted the ship (9 consecutive wins in conference) behind a solid backcourt of Mahaney and Marciuloinis and anchored by Saxen in the post.

Wisconsin and Purdue played a terrific game this afternoon, and unfortunately one White-friendly team had to lose. this time it was the Badgers who came up short, but it was no fault of Tyler Wahl. the super senior had team-highs of 20 points (10-16 shooting), 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocked shots with only 1 turnover in 36 minutes. it was a MONSTER individual performance in defeat.

Purdue continues to roll behind its sophomore backcourt of Smith (likely the best point guard in the league and perhaps second-best in the country) and Loyer, though center Zach Edey rightfully draws the lion’s share of recognition.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
After beating Duke on Saturday, UNC loses to Clemson at home. 80-76. Clemson starts 3 white players was led by PJ Hall with 24 points and 9 rebounds. Joe Girard had 21 points and 6 rebounds, and Ian Schieffelin had 16 point and 11 rebounds.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
After beating Duke on Saturday, UNC loses to Clemson at home. 80-76. Clemson starts 3 white players was led by PJ Hall with 24 points and 9 rebounds. Joe Girard had 21 points and 6 rebounds, and Ian Schieffelin had 16 point and 11 rebounds.
nice to see our guys lead the way in an upset on the road against the #3-ranked team in the country.

now just imagine what they could do if they had upside!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there are so many good players who get overlooked because reasons, but i wanted to take a second and mention a young man whose name i’ve not seen brought up before.

Maxime Raynaud is a 7-foot-1 junior post player for the underwhelming Stanford Cardinal. he’s averaging a double double for the year (14+ and 10) while shooting over 55% from the floor and 40% from 3-pt range. he’s not a shot blocker, but he moves well, has a little bit of bounce, and is tremendously skilled on the offensive end.

certainly a better-than-solid player, yet he gets absolutely no notice from the (((sports media))).

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good mention JC!

Tyler Kolek finished with 27 points, 13 assists, and 7 rebounds today! 11/17 with 22 Second half points! Baller!

Reed Sheppard also had a good one for UK in their loss. 21 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists.

For Gonzaga their Big Men played well. Ben Gragg had 14 points and 5 rebounds and 2 steals.

Braden Huff with 12 points, 3 boards, and a steal off the bench. Continuing a solid Freshman campaign.

*Also of note is Kentucky Freshman Zvonimir Ivisic. In only his 5th appearance of the year he scored 7 points, grabbed 3 boards and had a big block. All in 11 minutes. 7’2 and skinny. Be interesting to see how The Croatian factors into the rotation going forward into March.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Reed Sheppard was the best player on the floor in the Zags-at-Kentucky game, but the better team effort earned Gonzaga the win. they got a lot of good work from Gregg, Huff, and Stromer.

Saint Mary’s is still undefeated in conference play.

Pelle Larsson has been turning up his offensive numbers for Arizona of late. dude is a solid all around player.

the UConn hype coming into the season was all about Newton (black guard) and Clingan (White center), but in my opinion it’s Karaban and Spencer who make them so good. they’re both versatile, lockdown defenders who can score from all over the court while rebounding above their peers. those two guys can flat out play.

is their a better rebounder in the country at 6-feet tall than Purdue point guard, Braden Smith? he had 9 more yesterday in a Boilermaker win.

Will Baker of LSU has been playing very well of late. the transfer can flat out score, and his (Upside American) teammates are finally looking for him.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there are so many good players who get overlooked because reasons, but i wanted to take a second and mention a young man whose name i’ve not seen brought up before.

Maxime Raynaud is a 7-foot-1 junior post player for the underwhelming Stanford Cardinal. he’s averaging a double double for the year (14+ and 10) while shooting over 55% from the floor and 40% from 3-pt range. he’s not a shot blocker, but he moves well, has a little bit of bounce, and is tremendously skilled on the offensive end.

certainly a better-than-solid player, yet he gets absolutely no notice from the (((sports media))).
perhaps it’s bad form to quote myself, but a quick pat on my own back is due. LOL

last night Stanford, behind Raynaud’s game-highs of 25 points (on 10-11 shooting), 9 rebounds, and 5 assists (i told you he was better than advertised!) absolutely DESTROYED the Upside American hype jobs of USC, winning by 31! HAHAHA!!!

freshman wing Andrej Stojakovic (of Chitwood University fame) went for 20 (on 8-12 shooting) and 6 for Stanford, as well. these two gym rats were the best athletes in the game.

it’s gotta be a bewildering game for all those who believe White cats can’t play. and for those who believe lowering academic standards is the key to achieving on the athletic level, mayhap that is also incorrect. LOL

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
perhaps it’s bad form to quote myself, but a quick pat on my own back is due. LOL

last night Stanford, behind Raynaud’s game-highs of 25 points (on 10-11 shooting), 9 rebounds, and 5 assists (i told you he was better than advertised!) absolutely DESTROYED the Upside American hype jobs of USC, winning by 31! HAHAHA!!!

freshman wing Andrej Stojakovic (of Chitwood University fame) went for 20 (on 8-12 shooting) and 6 for Stanford, as well. these two gym rats were the best athletes in the game.

it’s gotta be a bewildering game for all those who believe White cats can’t play. and for those who believe lowering academic standards is the key to achieving on the athletic level, mayhap that is also incorrect. LOL
Nice job Cards! I wonder how Queen James felt watching his son and team get humiliated. Remember Labron claims his son could play in the NBA right now. LOL, yea I think he’s having enough trouble in Pac12 play….

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Caitlin Clark within 8 points of the all time scoring mark with a few mins left in a close game. The opponents, Nebraska, start 5 blondes. :thumbsup:

For those unaware, the record is held by another White woman Kelsey Plum. However Plum burns the coal, so happy to see Clark take the record.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Payton Sandfort and Patrick McCaffrey each scored 21 points and freshman phenom Owen Freeman had a double-double (17 points and a game-high 14 rebounds) and 4 blocks to lead the mostly-White Hawkeyes in overcoming a 20-point second half deficit and get a win at home against mostly-black Minnesota.

Sandfort added 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals in a hard nosed, all around effort.

Vladimir Golden (in news Bucky’s sure to appreciate, since he’s on his Pick Your Team roster) had a terrific game helping his #20 Florida Atlantic Owls escape with a win at Wichita State. the 7-footer finished with a team-high 20 points (8-17 shooting) and game-highs of 9 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 blocked shot. he also had 2 steals in an impressive performance.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Caitlin Clark within 8 points of the all time scoring mark with a few mins left in a close game. The opponents, Nebraska, start 5 blondes. :thumbsup:

For those unaware, the record is held by another White woman Kelsey Plum. However Plum burns the coal, so happy to see Clark take the record.
that was a fun game to watch!

one “wonders” why Nebraska’s men’s team looks vastly different …

in the game Clark also surpassed 1,000 career assists. only 5 other players have matched that accomplishment. for the season (and for the second time in her career) she is leading the nation in both scoring AND assists. she’s an incredibly gifted athlete, and the hate she’s getting from the usual suspects is real.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
JC in our 2 man league I’d say your squad is killing mine, but good to hear about Big Vlad Go!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
JC in our 2 man league I’d say your squad is killing mine, but good to hear about Big Vlad Go!
LOL.

i often wonder what happened to all those other guys who said they’d participate … so many good players out there who get too little recognition.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
LOL.

i often wonder what happened to all those other guys who said they’d participate … so many good players out there who get too little recognition.
At least Buckys guys show up to try hard, hustle, and above all bring their high Basketball IQs with em.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
At least Buckys guys show up to try hard, hustle, and above all bring their high Basketball IQs with em.
don’t forget your lunch pails, hard hats, and blue collars. LOL

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i can’t believe we’ve never mentioned Drew Pember!!!

Pember is a scoring and shot blocking machine. the two-time Big South defensive PoY and conference PoY (he’ll likely win both again this season) was one of only two players nationally a year ago to lead his conference in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots. he may repeat that accomplishment, as well. additionally, he led the nation in made free throws a year ago and is second to only Zach Edey this season. oh! and at 6-foot-11, he’s a matchup nightmare with his mobile, face up game with range well beyond the 3-pt line and ability to run the floor.

he’s had 9 games this season of more than 25 points, 6 games of more than 10 rebounds, and 10 games of 5 or more assists. sadly, i have never heard him mentioned by a national “expert.”

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Elijah Pepper, yet another tremendous player who gets zero national media recognition (though he is a starter for Chitwood University’s mid-major team), went OFF last night in a loss. he lit up the net for 32 (on 10-19 shooting), hitting 8 (out of 13) threes! he also had 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. pretty impressive for a gym rat, dontcha think?

Will Johnston, a 6-foot-3 junior guard for Loyola Marymount, did all he could to keep the Lions in it against Gonzaga. he dropped a career high 33 on the Zags (12-21 shooting) and hit 7 (of 11) threes! WOW! he definitely earned that blue collar and hard hat. Gonzaga won despite his efforts, however.

Saint Mary’s started an all-White lineup last night and DESTROYED the 100% diverse starting lineup of Pepperdine, 103-59. White supremacy for the win! the Gaels are still undefeated in conference and are now ranked in the Top 25.

Dalton Knecht completely confused Arkansas head coach , Eric Musselman on Wednesday. the head Hog doesn’t believe White cats can play basketball, yet his Hogs had no answer for Knecht. the volatile Vol exploded for 22 (7-14 shooting), repeatedly demonstrating his White privilege by dunking his nuts on the Arkansas Upsiders. he also chipped in 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocked shots. just imagine what he could do if he had talent!

Purdue continues to roll. Braden Smoth and Zach Edey have become an unstoppable duo. the Little Ball of Hate had a near-triple-double, scoring 16 (on a super efficient 5-7 shooting), 8 rebounds, 9 assists and 4 steals. he also had a mere 2 turnovers in 38 minutes. it’s hard to believe he isn’t a Finalist for the Cousy award. Edey had a dominant double-double with 24 and 15.

on the women’s side, Caitlin Clark made history. her-story? she set the NCAA women’s all-time scoring record. in the win over Michigan she also set the Iowa all-time single-game scoring record for the Hawkeyes with 49 points (16-31 shooting). she’s also amongst the all-time national leaders in assists, and she added 13 more in the game. she’s an amazing player. and the darkies be hatin’ her something fierce.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
News I guess. Not much to cheer for on that team from CF lens.

they lost their first game after getting ranked. ouch! and to make matters even worse …

1) they lost to a team with a losing record on the year, and

2) they gave up a career-high 31 points (on a red-hot 10-12 shooting!) to a 5-foot-11 White freshman guard, Johnny Kinzinger.

after this horrid loss, the Sycamores probably won’t be ranked again this season. i hope the party was a good one, because it appears to be over.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as a follow up to Caitlin Clark, check out her (current) career numbers as a 22-year-old, 4-year player:

1st all-time in NCAA scoring
3rd all-time in 3-pt shots made
6th all-time in assists
2nd all-time in triple-doubles.

she’s truly a generational talent.

and she’s a White heterosexual Christian. the Upsiders and Alphabet Gang absolutely hate it!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
as a follow up to Caitlin Clark, check out her (current) career numbers as a 22-year-old, 4-year player:

1st all-time in NCAA scoring
3rd all-time in 3-pt shots made
6th all-time in assists
2nd all-time in triple-doubles.

she’s truly a generational talent.

and she’s a White heterosexual Christian. the Upsiders and Alphabet Gang absolutely hate it!
Quite impressive. The media was saying she has another year of eligibility. How so? They want her to break Pete Maravich's scoring record. Only they won't say Maravich didn't have the 3 point line. She could possibly break his record this year?
Hopefully, when she goes to the NBA she doesn't succumb to the pressure and become a lesbian.
I remember when Elena Delle Donne was a star in HS and college. She was quite attractive and became a lesbian in the NBA.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
they lost their first game after getting ranked. ouch! and to make matters even worse …

1) they lost to a team with a losing record on the year, and

2) they gave up a career-high 31 points (on a red-hot 10-12 shooting!) to a 5-foot-11 White freshman guard, Johnny Kinzinger.

after this horrid loss, the Sycamores probably won’t be ranked again this season. i hope the party was a good one, because it appears to be over.
Good to know i jinxed them! Even better Kinzinger tore em up!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Quite impressive. The media was saying she has another year of eligibility. How so? They want her to break Pete Maravich's scoring record. Only they won't say Maravich didn't have the 3 point line. She could possibly break his record this year?
Hopefully, when she goes to the NBA she doesn't succumb to the pressure and become a lesbian.
I remember when Elena Delle Donne was a star in HS and college. She was quite attractive and became a lesbian in the NBA.
she’s a true senior, meaning she’s only been in college four years. with all the weirdness with Covid, she’s eligible to play a fifth year if she wants. and at her current pace she’s on track to (possibly) pass the Pistol’s career mark by the end of this regular season.

Pistol Pete not only put up his INCREDIBLE numbers without a 3-point line, he also did it in the era before shot clocks were implemented AND before freshmen were allowed to play on the varsity team. teams could stall the ball as long as they wanted if they were skilled enough to do so. additionally, freshmen had to play either on the junior varsity or the freshman teams, meaning their performances didn’t count toward NCAA marks. so Maravich lost one full season of his collegiate career to the eligibility rules of the time. he went on to lead the NCAA in scoring each of the next three years. (he then went to the NBA, where the hatred and jealousy he aroused in his peers has been well documented.)

to me, that makes the Pistol’s career so much more unbelievable, because he put up all those points in just three seasons and with all those obstacles inhibiting his ability. makes what he did almost impossible to imagine.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there are a couple of wings that i really like but never talk about enough: Belmont sophomore Cade Tyson and Drake junior Tucker DeVries. both are 6-foot-7, have the ability to score at all levels, can guard multiple positions and are athletic enough to “surprise people.” all told, they’re the type of players i would love to have on my team but very few programs recruit.

Tyson was the Missouri Valley Conference freshman of the year a season ago and may earn all-conference honors this season. he’s averaging nearly 17 ppg and 6 rpg while collecting 1 steal and nearly 1 block per contest. perhaps even more impressive is that he’s doing it so efficiently, shooting nearly 50% from the floor, well over 40% from 3-pt range, and well over 80% from the charity stripe.

DeVries was the Larry Bird MVC Player of the Year as a sophomore. read that again. dude is phenomenal. well, he would be if he had “dat upside.” he was also conference tournament MVP last season, and he was the freshman of the year, as well. imagine if he was talented! he leads Drake in scoring (almost 21 ppg), assists (3.6), steals (1.6), and is second in rebounding (almost 6 rpg). he is very smooth and so controlled that he looks like he’s playing in slow motion. sadly, almost no one ever gets to see him play.

it wouldn’t surprise me if these two athletes get MAJOR NIL offers this offseason and end up at a high major program.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it was a terrific night for our teams in n Tuesday, as several underdogs prevailed over more highly touted opponents.

nearly-all-White Creighton knocked off #1 UConn at home, led by a superb first half from sharp shooting point guard Steven Ashworth.

#25 BYU knocked off #11 Baylor.

#18 Saint Mary’s won their 14th-straight game, knocking off conference rival San Francisco.

Iowa knocked off nearly-all-black Michigan State on the road.

Wisconsin defeated all-black Maryland.

Boise State crushed San Jose State.

our guys played very well.