College Hoops Season 2023-24

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
college bball season will be tipping off before you know it! to get the ball rolling, it’s the time of year when teams are scheduling scrimmages, exhibitions, and benefit games before opening up the non-conference schedule (usually with several cupcakes).

the Saint Mary’s Gaels (picked by a coaches’ vote to win their conference, edging Gonzaga) played a charity game at Hawaii (picked to finish third in their conference) to benefit the Maui disaster.

the Gaels, a longtime CF favorite, started 4 gym rats and destroyed the Rainbows by 34. interestingly, Hawaii started two overachievers and both were from Australia.

St. Mary’s was led by their backcourt duo of Aidan Mahaney and Augustus Marciulionis combined for 47 of the Gaels 92 points on 16-26 (62%) shooting from the field, 5-9 (56%) shooting from three and a perfect 10-10 clip from the charity stripe.

one of the coolest traditions in all of college sports will be happening this Friday night at John Brown University, where the Golden Eagles (an NAIA team) will host the annual toilet paper game.

booth

Mentor

white lightning

Hall of Famer
2023/2024 AP All Amerian NCAA Basketball Team.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
2023/2024 AP All Amerian NCAA Basketball Team.

while i like the fact that so many of our guys are getting recognized, what a strange lineup. why would they list a team with two true centers (Edey and Dickinson), a forward/center in Bacot, a stretch four (listed as a center) in Filipowski, and a true point guard (Kolek)? it would be awfully difficult to win with that group.

on the other hand, whoever has been scouting for Chitwood University knows their stuff, because they’ve got two guys listed up there.

in the women’s game, Caitlin Clark is a unanimous pick for the AP preseason all-American team. she is joined on the 6-person roster (two players tied for fifth-most votes) by a slew of White gals: Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech), Cameron Brink (Stanford), Paige Bueckers (UConn), and Mackenzie Holmes (Indiana). in fact, the only non-White female athlete is ghetto diva Angel Reese of LSU.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
while i like the fact that so many of our guys are getting recognized, what a strange lineup. why would they list a team with two true centers (Edey and Dickinson), a forward/center in Bacot, a stretch four (listed as a center) in Filipowski, and a true point guard (Kolek)? it would be awfully difficult to win with that group.

on the other hand, whoever has been scouting for Chitwood University knows their stuff, because they’ve got two guys listed up there.

in the women’s game, Caitlin Clark is a unanimous pick for the AP preseason all-American team. she is joined on the 6-person roster (two players tied for fifth-most votes) by a slew of White gals: Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech), Cameron Brink (Stanford), Paige Bueckers (UConn), and Mackenzie Holmes (Indiana). in fact, the only non-White female athlete is ghetto diva Angel Reese of LSU.
Total White domination of the top men’s and women’s players! Too bad there’s not a huge push to turn over every rock to find the next great White athletes. Year after year the top 100 recruits are like 90% black.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Sweet dunk here from Dalton Knecht, Big Sky's leading scorer last year at Northern Colorado, now at Tennessee.
thanks for sharing that Brad Holmeboy.

i actually followed Dalton Knecht last year and became excited when he entered the transfer portal, hoping he’d go to a team i support. alas, he went to Tennessee. LOL

here’s some info i compiled on him, considering him to be an addition to one of my “Chitwood University” rosters on the “pick your team” thread:

Stats for last year: 20.2 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.8 APG

Dalton Knecht deserves to be in the conversation as the best pure perimeter bucket-getter in the transfer portal. Sure, it was Northern Colorado, but Knecht owns a bunch of translatable traits that will show up in high-major basketball. Knecht is a former JUCO player who wants nothing more than to prove himself at the next level. Knecht earned 138 pick-and-roll reps at Northern Colorado last season, but he wasn’t looking to dish. Knecht is wired to score, and he’s lethal as a catch-and-shoot assassin (41.8% from 3), off the dribble (79th percentile, according to Synergy) and at the rim (79th percentile, according to Synergy).

Knecht has big-time bounce and his rack attacks ended with vicious, tomahawk jams. Indiana, Oregon, North Carolina, and others sought his services before he ultimately chose to become a Vol.

he’s a similar to the nation’s leading scorer from a couple years ago (Peter Kiss) in build, mindset, and physical tools, though he doesn’t appear to be as volatile mentally.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
UConn landed sharpshooter Cam Spencer in the transfer portal. Under the radar pickup, even I just found out about this. 40+ percent shooter from 3.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
UConn landed sharpshooter Cam Spencer in the transfer portal. Under the radar pickup, even I just found out about this. 40+ percent shooter from 3.
if memory serves, Cam Spencer played for Rutgers last year (i watch quite a bit of Big Ten basketball. Go Hawkeyes!). if it’s the same player, he was not just a good shooter but also was an elite defender, teaming with Mulcahy (spelling?) to make a VERY formidable backcourt duo on both ends of the court. if this is the same athlete, he’s transferred on multiple occasions, generally a red flag. of course, i don’t know the circumstances causing the transfers. I wouldn’t have wanted to play for Rutgers in the first place! LOL

Bucky

Hall of Famer
if memory serves, Cam Spencer played for Rutgers last year (i watch quite a bit of Big Ten basketball. Go Hawkeyes!). if it’s the same player, he was not just a good shooter but also was an elite defender, teaming with Mulcahy (spelling?) to make a VERY formidable backcourt duo on both ends of the court. if this is the same athlete, he’s transferred on multiple occasions, generally a red flag. of course, i don’t know the circumstances causing the transfers. I wouldn’t have wanted to play for Rutgers in the first place! LOL
Lol agreed on the Rutgers part. 247 sports ran an article claiming his multiple transfers up were due to pro aspirations. Unfortunately the rest of the article was for insiders only. Anyways figured he was worth mentioning. 6’4 SG that can shoot and defend! Should make UConn all that more watchable.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
UConn will be well worth watching. Top 10 team to begin the year with 3 White starters: SG - Cam Spencer, F - Alex Karaban & C - Donovan Clingan.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
watching a bit of the Kentucky-Kentucky St. scrimmage (just to see some Reed Sheppard action), and apparently not a single White athlete in the Bluegrass State is good enough to start for either team. not even Sheppard. obviously (KY coach) Calipari has never seen an Upside American he doesn’t love, but not even the laughably ebonic “Thorobreds” (yes, that’s how they spell it) can find a gym rat worthy of contributing. wow. just wow.

the self loathing White commentators aren’t any better. ugh.

i understand that Reed Sheppard’s dad won two national championships at Kentucky, and his mom was a legitimate player for the UK women’s team … but!

i wonder what he thinks having to deal with all his ghetto teammates on and off the court every day. he, a McDonald’s all-American and the reigning high school Mr. Basketball in Kentucky, comes off the bench, unselfishly doesn’t complain about it, all while enduring the gibberish and buffoonish and oft-violent outbursts of his fellow “scholar”ship affletes. he’s got a brilliant future, a great head on his shoulders, and amazing talent, but man i hope he can somehow overcome the african village he survives every day.

in other Kentucky basketball news, (mostly White) Division II Kentucky Wesleyan knocked off all black (and their black power coach) Louisville. LOL. simply awesome! couldn’t happen to a better program. HAHAHAHA!!!!

this is the second year in a row they’ve lost their opening exhibition to a Division II team. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
watching a bit of the Kentucky-Kentucky St. scrimmage (just to see some Reed Sheppard action), and apparently not a single White athlete in the Bluegrass State is good enough to start for either team. not even Sheppard. obviously (KY coach) Calipari has never seen an Upside American he doesn’t love, but not even the laughably ebonic “Thorobreds” (yes, that’s how they spell it) can find a gym rat worthy of contributing. wow. just wow.

the self loathing White commentators aren’t any better. ugh.

i understand that Reed Sheppard’s dad won two national championships at Kentucky, and his mom was a legitimate player for the UK women’s team … but!

i wonder what he thinks having to deal with all his ghetto teammates on and off the court every day. he, a McDonald’s all-American and the reigning high school Mr. Basketball in Kentucky, comes off the bench, unselfishly doesn’t complain about it, all while enduring the gibberish and buffoonish and oft-violent outbursts of his fellow “scholar”ship affletes. he’s got a brilliant future, a great head on his shoulders, and amazing talent, but man i hope he can somehow overcome the african village he survives every day.

in other Kentucky basketball news, (mostly White) Division II Kentucky Wesleyan knocked off all black (and their black power coach) Louisville. LOL. simply awesome! couldn’t happen to a better program. HAHAHAHA!!!!

this is the second year in a row they’ve lost their opening exhibition to a Division II team. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

All white or majority white teams are just usually better from high school to college and beyond. Team Work makes the
dream work. Most white players even with stars are as unselfish as they come. Happy for Kentucky Wesleyan. A team worth
watching for us here. I doubt I will watch much of the Div. I Wildcats. No interest outside of Sheppard. Great post brother.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Happy for Kentucky Wesleyan. A team worth
watching for us here. I doubt I will watch much of the Div. I Wildcats. No interest outside of Sheppard.
it’s unlikely Kentucky Wesleyan will be televised outside perhaps of a local broadcast, since they’re only a Division II team. still, it’s always nice for a team with several of our guys to get a win over a team without.

as for the “blue blood” Wildcats, i share your sentiment.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the season officially tips off tomorrow!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Purdue’s starting White backcourt of Smith and Loyer looked good in a dominant win, each finishing with 12 points and each making 4 three-pointers. Smith also had 7 assists (with 3 turnovers). Edey (if you count him) finished with 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

UConn cruised as well, led by their trio of over achieving starters. Clingan, who i think will be a first round pick in the 2024 NBA draft, had 12 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. transfer Cam Spencer had 8 points (on just 2-3 shooting), 1 steal, and 5 assists with just 1 turnover. oft-overlooked but uber-versatile sophomore Alex Karaban finished with a game-high 22 (on 8-12 shooting), 7 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 blocked shot without a single turnover.

Liam Lloyd had a strong showing in defeat for Northern Arizona, finishing with team-highs of 15 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals with just one turnover in 35 minutes. he was the one Lumberjack who belonged in a game of that level. if his name sounds familiar, he is the son of Arizona head coach Tommy Lloyd.

Dalton Knecht, who i’ve recognized here, looked sharp in his first game as a Tennessee Vol, finishing with a game-high 17 (on 6-11 shooting). he’s an explosive leader and dynamic scorer, and hopefully he will shine in the SEC as a transfer.

Kyle Filipowski is simply a MONSTER. he’s my early pick for college PoY.

Last edited:
A White division 3 player named Caleb Williams went off the other night and scored 41 against the Minnesota Golden Gophers. He was unguardable. Yet even though he has the size at 6’2 and all the talent he was forced to play at a small D3 school. There are literally thousands of white guys out there just like him getting racially discriminated against year in and year out. I honest to god believe that if not for the caste system that the NBA and NCAA would be 90% White if not more. Whites just have waaaay better hand eye coordination, depth perception, and coordination than blacks

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
A White division 3 player named Caleb Williams went off the other night and scored 41 against the Minnesota Golden Gophers. He was unguardable. Yet even though he has the size at 6’2 and all the talent he was forced to play at a small D3 school. There are literally thousands of white guys out there just like him getting racially discriminated against year in and year out. I honest to god believe that if not for the caste system that the NBA and NCAA would be 90% White if not more. Whites just have waaaay better hand eye coordination, depth perception, and coordination than blacks

so pure. his release was super quick, too. thanks for sharing! i noticed that he should have been getting to the free throw line quite a bit, as well, but …

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Creighton is playing against Florida A & M and they lead 54 to 25 at the moment featuring 4 out of 5 pale faces! Out of 16 guys
on the full roster 8 of them are our guys. Now that is the way more teams should look at the minimum if things were fair.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Looking over the Kansas boxscore from their opener, I nearly fell out of my chair. I checked them of course to see how transfer Hunter Dickinson did. Nearly perfect debut. 21 points on 8-9 shooting with 8 boards, 5 assists and 2 blocks. He’s so good that was hardly the surprise. What caused my shock was the Jayhawks played 7(!) White players off the bench. So in total, counting Dickinson, 8 of the 12 Kansas players to get into the game were our guys! Must have been fun seeing the Jayhawks play an all-White lineup for a portion of the 2nd half.

Parker Braun, Christian’s older brother, is a 5th year transfer who started at Missouri before a stop at Santa Clara. He’s a PF who appears to be a top guy off the bench. 10 point, 5 rebounds debut. Nicolas Timberlake is a 6th year transfer from Towson. He’s received the next largest chunk of minutes and scored 13 points. Next we have Johnny Furphy, a Aussie freshman who’s 6’-9” yet listed as a guard. Maybe another Gradey Dick type? Lastly, Wilder Evers and Michael Jankovich logged a few more mins than the last two fellas. Maybe they are in the very limited rotation. So even if the blowout lead to some deep bench guys getting a turn, worst case it seems the 8 man rotation would be half White. Unless of course a few upsiders are hurt or suspended for knocking off a liquor store….

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Creighton’s overachievers dropped 105 in Florida A&M

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it’s obviously early and cupcakes are on the menu, but it’s still nice to see teams with lots of our guys taking care of business. insert Iowa into this category.

Iowa starts three overachievers, including transfer power forward Ben Krikke (pronounced KRIK ee), who is an exceptional passer for a post player. he also runs the floor pretty well and has a solid midrange game, which is handy considering he’s a bit undersized for the Big Ten. All the significant players minus one off the bench for the Hawkeyes are of the blue collar variety, as well, though they are VERY young. point guard is likely the only undecided position in the starting lineup, though Bowen (black, super quick, erratic, can’t shoot, undersized) is getting the initial look. i anticipate either Dix (sophomore with good size) or Harding (freshman just as quick and better offensively) may emerge as the solution. i really like Freeman, a freshman forward with some bounce and nastiness to him to go with a high skill level. he just needs to get stronger and in better shape.

conversely, it’s amusing to see teams darken up their roster and fall flat on their faces. Vanderbilt is an excellent example of this, as they just lost at home in their opener to Presbyterian despite being almost totally made up of Upside Americans. LOL

the Commodores only start one blue collar glue guy, a Greek senior who is supposed to set screens and stay out of the “real playas” way. despite this, the Commodores are dreadful.

in fact, the best player on the team is likely freshman forward Carter Lang. keep an eye out for him in future for this otherwise dismal group. you heard it here first!

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It seems that college hoops this year could be one of the best in recent years (decades?) for White athletes. The initial posts in this thread got me curious to see what how many of the top teams were offering. I don't have the time to scour all of D1 so I'll just focus on the top 25 for now.

#1 Kansas - Lead by Hunter Dickinson who'll be in the running for Player of the Year. 1st game rotation was 4 of 8 White and 8 of 12 White late in the game.
#2 Duke - Lead by Kyle Filipowski another candidate for best player this year. Also start Ryan Young for 2/5 starters. Schutt (4 star recruit) should factor but mysteriously didn't play in the opener.
#3 Purdue - Aforementioned. Loyer, Smith & Edey make 2.5 starters. Morton, Furst, Heide and perhaps Berg and Waddell in the rotation. If they go 12 deep its 7.5/12 White.
#4 Michigan State - Avoid. Only Carson Cooper a SO center played off the bench. Not sure what happened to Jaxon Kohler?
#5 Marquette - Lead by top PG and potential All-American Tyler Kolek. Ben Gold a SO forward a key bench guy.
#6 UConn - Aforementioned. Spencer, Karaban & Clingan start. Greek Apostolos Roumoglou is a SO guard on the deep rotation.
#7 Houston - Avoid. No Whites other than SR guard Ryan Elvin who's in the very limited rotation.
#8 Creighton - Aforementioned. Ashworth, Scheierman, Miller & Kalkbrenner start. Traudt and Farabello in the rotation making it 6/10 our guys!
#9 Tennessee - Aforementioned. Vescovi & Knecht lead the way. FR forward Cade Phillips in the rotation and JP Estrella (another FR forward) in the deeper rotation.
#10 Florida Atlantic - Mostly avoid. Only start Russian center Vlad Goldin but he was their leading scorer in 1st game.
#11 Gonzaga - Don't play for a few more days but seems like they'll only start RS JR Steele Venters at SF. However, JR Forward Ben Gregg would be the 6th man. FR guard Dusty Stromer will be in the rotation and possibly FR forward Braden Huff too. Coach Few keeps a tight rotation so 3 or 4 of 8 is likely.
#12 Arizona - I think mentioned. The Swede Pelle Larsson starts at SG. Off the bench Spaniard freshman guard Conrad Martinez, 7'-2" Lithuanian freshman Motiejus Krivas, Lithuanian freshman forward Paulius Murauskas and Serb sophomore forward Filip Borovicanin are all in the rotation.
#13 Miami - Avoid
#14 Arkansas - Avoid. Only SO guard Joseph Pinion in rotation.
#15 Texas A&M - Mostly avoid. SR guard Hayden Hefner starts (lead scorer in opener). No other pale faces on the entire roster.
#16 Kentucky - Mostly avoid. Only the aforementioned stud freshman Reed Sheppard off the bench (12 points in debut).
#17 San Diego St - Avoid. Only freshman forward Miles Heide might be in the deep rotation.
#18 Texas - Avoid. Only 5th year SR Brock Cunningham gets minutes off the bench.
#19 North Carolina - Start two graduate transfer guards, Cormac Ryan (Notre Dame) and Paxson Wojcik (Loyola Chicago & Brown). The 2 starters is a 1 year anomaly then back to a coal team most likely.
#20 Baylor - Avoid. Only SR forward Caleb Lohner gets some minutes off the bench.
#21 USC - Avoid. Only JR Aussie forward Harrison Hornery gets playing time off bench.
#22 Villanova - Mostly avoid. Only SO forward Brendan Hausen gets solid mins off bench. Chris Arcidiacono is in the deeper rotation.
#23 Saint Mary's - Aforementioned. Mahaney, Ducas, Marciulionis & Saxen make up the 4 White starters. JR guard Luke Barrett, RS FR guard Cade Bennett, RS FR guard Rory Hawke & SO center Harry Wessels make up the primary pale faces in the rotation. Overall out of the top 12 players, 8 are White!
#24 Alabama - North Dakota St SR transfer forward Grant Nelson starts (24 points in debut). Freshman forward Sam Walters gets minutes off the bench.
#25 Illinois - Marcus Domask is a 5th year Southern Illinois transfer who starts at SF. Italian RS FR guard Niccolo Moretti and JR guard/forward Luke Goode are in the rotation.

So as you can see the top rated teams are top heavy with teams that heavily feature White athletes. Out of the top 12, 9 are teams that are lead by White stars or feature alot of White players. Pretty cool and a good reason to follow the sport this year. Cheers!

Last edited: