College Hoops News; Transfers

icsept

Master
Iowa guard Jordan Bohannon suffers a serious head injury when he was “assaulted by someone he didn’t know was coming at him.” An investigation is pending. Hmm, a sucker punch. I can only wonder if this was a racially motivated attack.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Iowa guard Jordan Bohannon suffers a serious head injury when he was “assaulted by someone he didn’t know was coming at him.” An investigation is pending. Hmm, a sucker punch. I can only wonder if this was a racially motivated attack.

heard about that. Could just be drunk shenanigans..As Famous Detective Joe Kenda says "nothing good comes after midnight." Hope he's alright.

A couple months back Texas' placeholder got his ass kicked by some good ole boys when his friend swung on them first.

DWF Upside

Mentor
The video is confusing, it looks like an extremely white bar. There is one hooded rat that runs into the scene but its hard to tell what happens. You would think if this is a random unprovoked attack all those guys around would at least beat the hell out of him.

TheBigDawg

heard about that. Could just be drunk shenanigans..As Famous Detective Joe Kenda says "nothing good comes after midnight." Hope he's alright.

A couple months back Texas' placeholder got his ass kicked by some good ole boys when his friend swung on them first.

Can you send an article that talks about what you are refering to

Phall

Master
Interesting Coach K news. He’s had countless successes and brought aboard many white athletes over his long coaching career. He also played shallow rotations, relying on superior talent to beat opponents, and rarely coached up his bench players into upperclassman contributors. Eventually, he succumbed to the one-and-done recruiting model, effectively ending Duke’s “white friendly” legacy and confusing lots of evil fans and journalists about why they don’t hate the players anymore. The internal buzz is that Krzyzewski did not want to reinvent himself again at this stage in the face of the new transfer portal free-for-all and upcoming name-image-likeness rights for players.

Worth remarking that both Duke (Scheyer) and UNC (Hubert Davis) appointed successors from inside the program rather than kicking tires through a formal coaching search. At least a small element of this must involve keeping the moneybag-handoff structure in place. Scheyer will not have Coach K’s USA Olympic team laurels to lean on as a recruiting tool. There’s no telling how he’ll start shaping his team, but I’m more optimistic for Duke than the outlook in Chapel Hill.

This could also sway the recruitment for high school phenom Matt Filipowski, whose AAU coach is Krzyzewski’s nephew.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I'd say Duke is in slightly better hands as well..Though from everything I have read, most don't expect a drop-off in the one n done recruiting for Scheyer.

Phall

Master
From CBS:
Considering Scheyer's growing reputation as a top recruiter, it's no surprise that he's drawn interest from other programs. Among the prospects he's helped bring to Duke as a primary recruiter are Jayson Tatum, Cam Reddish, Vernon Carey and 2021 five-star forward Paolo Banchero, according to 247Sports. He was also the secondary recruiter for Zion Williamson.

Not an encouraging Murderer’s Row there. All those players definitely took money, which speaks to my theory that Duke is keeping their “system” in place. Time will tell how Scheyer rounds out his rosters.

Phil

Guru

Bucky

Hall of Famer
CJ Fredrick is proud to announce that he will be sitting on the bench for 3 years while supporting the real athletes, then transferring to another program for a chance to actually play.

LOL I would have preferred him to stay at Iowa. But what can you do, the famous home town team offered him. Looks like UK had to go pale face route to get some shooting help.

Phall

Master
Black Wisconsin assistant coach Alando Tucker is out of a job after it was revealed that he recorded and leaked the recent tape of players and head coach Greg Gard airing their grievances in a closed-door meeting. Tucker then went to the AD and proposed he take Gard's job. Tucker had been an assistant coach for just one season.

Behind The Scenes Power Play May Have Ended Tucker’s Time As Badger Assistant

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Louisville hires it's first Black HC! 2022 and we're still hitting firsts for magical upsiders. Good luck Kenny Payne, Louisville is a cesspool. Odds are he'll continue the corruption within their program. But Louisville gets Dat Upside with this hire! Let me guess, a real players coach?!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Black Wisconsin assistant coach Alando Tucker is out of a job after it was revealed that he recorded and leaked the recent tape of players and head coach Greg Gard airing their grievances in a closed-door meeting. Tucker then went to the AD and proposed he take Gard's job. Tucker had been an assistant coach for just one season.

Behind The Scenes Power Play May Have Ended Tucker’s Time As Badger Assistant

What a slimy, ungrateful, POS. Glad Gard got last laugh with his Big Ten Coach of The Year Award!

Phall

Master
What a slimy, ungrateful, POS. Glad Gard got last laugh with his Big Ten Coach of The Year Award!

Gard truly deserved it. Despite not hanging a banner this season (absent a legendary run in March Madness), Wisconsin blew all preseason expectations out of the water. The narrative, created in no small part by this ungrateful and entitled black villain, was that Gard had lost his locker room and lost his contributors either to graduation or transfer. Some experts picked Wisconsin to finish 10th in the conference!

Gard's accolade also speaks to the leadership of "most hated" college player Brad Davison. Just another white all-everything consigned to the Euro leagues for his "lack of athleticism and potential."

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Agreed @Phall Wisconsin definitely overachieved from their preseason Conference ranking of 10th! Davidson is a true pro. You're right though, he won't get a sniff from NBA. He will be a 10yr veteran of Euro League's, put that in stone.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
rumor has it that Colin Castleton of Florida will be entering the portal. i wonder if he’s had enough of the ghetto that is Gatorville ...

two of CF’s perennial favorites, Gonzaga and Iowa, will both be in HUGE need of a quality big man next season. *pun* will he end up at one of those excellent locations? i’d guess he’ll be a hot commodity if the rumors turn out to be true.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
rumor has it that Colin Castleton of Florida will be entering the portal. i wonder if he’s had enough of the ghetto that is Gatorville ...

two of CF’s perennial favorites, Gonzaga and Iowa, will both be in HUGE need of a quality big man next season. *pun* will he end up at one of those excellent locations? i’d guess he’ll be a hot commodity if the rumors turn out to be true.

If I were him I would pick Iowa. He has more of a chance of becoming the main star of the team or at least one of the top 2 players for the Hawkeyes. I hope this does happen.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the transfer portal has overwhelmed the college game. virtually every non-established-starting player and/or bigtime contributor at a small school is entering their name and looking to go to “greener pastures.” combine that with the ridiculous money being thrown at “superstar” recruits with the NIL ruling, and everything has been thrown on its head. it seems like the rich are getting richer with all this, as small schools can’t pay their athletes as much and developmental players who emerge at small programs (through hard work, good coaching, and time) can “re-open” their recruitment after improving and sell themselves to the highest bidder.

i wonder what this means for the college game ...

Phall

Master
St. Peter’s shooting guard Doug Edert is on his way out after an impressive tourney. He was the only white player amid a sea of African faces.

Phil

Guru
the transfer portal has overwhelmed the college game. virtually every non-established-starting player and/or bigtime contributor at a small school is entering their name and looking to go to “greener pastures.” combine that with the ridiculous money being thrown at “superstar” recruits with the NIL ruling, and everything has been thrown on its head. it seems like the rich are getting richer with all this, as small schools can’t pay their athletes as much and developmental players who emerge at small programs (through hard work, good coaching, and time) can “re-open” their recruitment after improving and sell themselves to the highest bidder.

i wonder what this means for the college game ...
"the rich are getting richer with all this, as the small schools can't pay their athletes as much." This is what I call the jaybilasization of the college basketball game. Jay Bilas, is the ESPN basketball commentator who was constantly promoting paying the players. Google says Bilas makes 2 million a year. The rich schools benefit while the "working class" schools get screwed.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
"the rich are getting richer with all this, as the small schools can't pay their athletes as much." This is what I call the jaybilasization of the college basketball game. Jay Bilas, is the ESPN basketball commentator who was constantly promoting paying the players. Google says Bilas makes 2 million a year. The rich schools benefit while the "working class" schools get screwed.

Wright State is a good example of this. Their top 2 players F Grant Basile and G Trevor Holden opted for greener pastures. After HC Scott Nagy and his staff recruited and built those kids up for 3/4 years! Ohio State gets Holden and Basile is highly sought after as well.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to discuss UW-Green Bay Basketball here!

Unfortunately The Phoenix had a rough year after a mass exodus of players. They are in the midst of another mass exodus this season! They currently have 8 players transferring out and 1 that was dismissed!

Leaving them currently with 5 players on the roster. PF Cade Meyer, SF Brayden Dailey, and 1White Turk, in PF Cem Kirciman. Representing the Gym Rats.

Their other Star Freshman PG Kamari McGee may be bolting to Marquette or Wisconsin.

Not all doom and gloom for UW Green Bay as they have a 6'10 Center in Donovan not so Short. He should factor in as Starting Center as a True Freshman next season.

https://www.wissports.net/roster_players/40133940

UW-GB is also linked to D2 Grad Transfer Alec Rosner. 6'3 190 averaged 18.8ppg for Winona State and 43% from behind the line! I hope they land him as their starting PG next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alec_Rosner

I'm optimistic Will Ryan can turn it around with his increased Gym Rat presence! Dailey, Meyer, Kirciman, and Short should all get plenty of PT next season. Even better if they could snag Rosner.

https://phearthephoenix.com/2022/03/11/offseason-roster-changes-tracker-2022

Ryan also seems to be fair. 3 Black Guards will be in his rotation. He also added an incoming Freshman 6'8 In-State forward from Racine,WI. Fair is all we at CF ask for!