College Football Week 15 - Championship Weekend

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin up 7-0, dominated the 1st quarter.

DE Matt Henningsen just recorded a sack, future NFLer.

referendum

Mentor
If Wisconsin somehow wins, would they get the 4th spot in the playoffs, with it being LSU 1, Clemson 2, Oklahoma 3, Wisconsin 4, or does Ohio state somehow magically still get in win or lose?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
If Wisconsin somehow wins, would they get the 4th spot in the playoffs, with it being LSU 1, Clemson 2, Oklahoma 3, Wisconsin 4, or does Ohio state somehow magically still get in win or lose?

Good question but still so early in the game. If Wisconsin wins it would be their 4th win of the season against Top 25 competition. Against a good Ohio State team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nice Coan showing his athletic ability with another nice scramble!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Committee already has Oklahoma in even though they play in a bad conference. If Ohio st loses the committee will still keep them in the top 4. With that said - Go Wisonsin!

referendum

Mentor
If Wisconsin should win and not make it in, the committee would be devaluing the conference championship game concept. Another thing to think about it is if this were happening in, say, week 10 of the regular season, what would the rankings look like after a
Wisconsin win? I would have to think they would vault over Ohio State. 538 gave Wisconsin a significant chance to get in with an Oregon and a Wisconsin victory. Hopefully we will get to see if this pans out.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wow gotta credit Ryan Day for that fake punt call, totally swung momentum back his team's way.

UW LB Chris Orr just knocked himself out with a helmet to helmet shot with teammate Garrett Rand. Orr is wobbling around, he's most likely done. Hopefully Rand is okay, he's Coming off a career week last week against Minnesota. 7tkls and a sack.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin defense swarming! Fumble by Fields in the red zone!

Matt Henningsen with the recovery!

Claimjumper

Mentor
The announcer just used the “wears his emotion on his sleeve” excuse for an afflete that cost the buckeyes 15 yards

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well Wisconsin played one good half. I'm walking away while we're still only down by ten lol.

Shadowlight

Master
I guess all of the bowl match ups will be announced tonight. From what I can gather the committee appears to be leaning towards LSU being number one. I would have preferred Ohio State only because I want to see a Ohio State-Clemson final but if LSU is number one then the Buckeyes will play the Tigers in the semifinal and of course LSU would play Oklahoma in a deep dish caste fest sans one player of course, Heisman Trophy winner QB Joe Burrow.

Miami of Ohio WR Jake Sorenson had a disappointing season, although I was unaware he missed a few games due to injury see above, so it was nice to see him put up a 100 yard game in a win. He has one more year to go. In a loss to Memphis sophomore WR Alec Pierce of Cincinnati had a 5-87 stat line. Hopefully next season they notice him more. By the way I did not know that Alec's brother Justin, the NC transfer basketball player.

Ohio State looked shambling last night and if they play like that against Clemson they would lose. If they didn't have such a clever coach ( that was a ballsy play going on 4th down with the punt team) in Ryan Day they probably would have lost a game this season. I kept wondering what would happen if Wisconsin won this game? Who would be the 4th team to get in?

As for Clemson Tanner Muse didn't have one of his better games but was solid enough. The other member of The Stud Brothers as mentioned above Nolan Turner came up with a drive killing interception that helped turn the tide. From then on Clemson steamrolled Virginia.

Even Ohio State's mini snow patrol linebacker core ( Borland and Werner) weren't at their best but they were at least fairly solid.

The LSU coach Ed Orgeron is an incoherent sounding cartoon and I am surprised his team has climbed these heights. That said I tend to think either Clemson coach Dabo Swinney or Ohio State coach Ryan Day will out smart him if LSU gets to the final game. By the way Swinney's son junior or sophomore ( not sure) WR Drew #22 caught three passes in mop up time including a nifty long scamper. DC Brent Venable's son freshman LB Jake #10 is a second teamer and regularly sees time. That is what I call keeping it in the family. Ha. Clemson is a great well run "racially diverse" football team. Too bad so few other teams don't follow that winning formula.

I had mentioned Ohio State TE Jeremy Ruckert in my preview and he came up with the catch of the day with a leaping one handed snare for a TD. And it came at a crucial moment because Ohio State was teetering on the brink of disaster. Guy is a stud. See below.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...utm_content=return_visit&utm_source=share_url

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
Yesterday, Harrison Bryant went over 1000 yards on the season which is important because we almost had the first season without a white 1000 yard receiver in 26 years. It is alarming that no wide receivers were even close to 1000 this season. I have better hope for next year though with some young stars on the rise (Dalton Rigdon, Kyle Phillips, Tyler Snead).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
LSU vs Oklahoma and Clemson vs Ohio St is set for the playoff.

To see Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence is like getting a gift you wanted all year. I want both of these guys to kick ass! In my honest
opinion these are the 2 best quarterbacks in all of college football. My hope is that Burrow wins the Heisman but I would like to see
Clemson win the national championship. More guys on Clemson to root for in my opinion.

Shadowlight

Master
My hope is that Burrow wins the Heisman but I would like to see
Clemson win the national championship. More guys on Clemson to root for in my opinion.

No need to sweat Burrow winning the Heisman. That is a done deal. As for more guys to root for with Clemson that is an understatement. Not even close. Clemson by a country mile.

wile

Master
My money is on LSU Burrow being reason 1 and a D that looks like it is disciplined and stout.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Watching The FCS Playoffs. My usually favorite North Dakota State Bison are in a snoozer against Illinois State. Even NDSU has a dual threat black quarterback, and this is the most I've ever seen them struggle offensively.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
O man. The Faux Patriotism that has become expected when watching The Army Vs Navy Game is so over the top. One of the cadets said "we're battling to protect our constitution." C'mon do these guys actually believe that?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Watching The FCS Playoffs. My usually favorite North Dakota State Bison are in a snoozer against Illinois State. Even NDSU has a dual threat black quarterback, and this is the most I've ever seen them struggle offensively.

The semifinals are set

Montana State Vs North Dakota State

Weber State Vs James Madison

ramicackle

Guru
O man. The Faux Patriotism that has become expected when watching The Army Vs Navy Game is so over the top. One of the cadets said "we're battling to protect our constitution." C'mon do these guys actually believe that?
I think they really believe they are protecting the Constitution...at least most of them that is...free tuition will make people believe anything.

Rocky B

Master
One of the bowl games is Washington St vs Air Force.
I’d rather have the running back game split up.....
Must see for us.....Borghi and Remsberg.....