Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Master

Guru
We shoud update the title of that thread, "Christophe Lemaitre 10'03, european and world junior champion" or "Christophe Lemaitre 10'03 the chosen one" :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer

JReb1

Mentor
white lightning said:
I changed the title guys. Everyone here needs to vote for Christophe. He is in the poll for the European Athlete of the Month. He is currently in 2nd place. Let's help him to win this contest. He deserves it! I can't wait for possible history this Saturday. It should be special.
<div></div>
<div>http://www.european-athletics.org/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=4760&amp;Itemid=208&amp;mosmsg=Item+successfully+saved.</div>

I voted for Chris. He's behind right now, hopefully he can catch up and win it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I want to see Lemaitre obliterate barriers and leave everyone eating his dust! I was wondering, Will this meet be televised? If so, what network and roughly what time on Saturday? Twould be great to see him run.

The Master

Guru
I don't think this meeting will be televised.

Here is the link to the meeting website :

http://scomarseille.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.html/html.aspx?id=18192

The fastest way to have his time is

1) The meeting website if they give the results live

2) That website :

http://bases.athle.com/asp.net/accueil.aspx?frmbase=resultats

It's in french also but you get the results very quick after the race.

Main facts :

- Christophe will race arround 17:30 local time.

- The weather will be perfect, I've checked it will be sunny and a very light wind.

- 2 guys arround 10'10 to push him

I've the feeling that saturday will be historic.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks a bunch, The Master! I'll favorite those sites and check them regularly Saturday.

albinosprint

Mentor
I can't wait!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Well, Chris is tied for the lead now (just voted for him).

There is also a female sprinter from England up for female athlete of the month. Her name is Jodie Williams. Anyone know if she is white?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I need to go vote for him again. He deseves to win and after tommorow, his name will be known world wide!

Jodie Williams is half white and half black.

The Master

Guru
I just want to add that the meeting manager's name is André Blanc which means White

smiley16.gif

Edit : Also, finally he will race alone beause the two americans decided to do only the 200m. So that sucks for that. He also was a little bit injuried to hamstring and does not feel at 100%.

Some articles before the result :

http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=y&amp;prev=_t&amp;hl=fr&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;layout=1&amp;eotf=1&amp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fradioparilly.20minutes-blogs.fr%2Farchive%2F2010%2F06%2F05%2Fmeeting-de-marseille-une-chance-pour-lemaitre.html&amp;sl=fr&amp;tl=en

http://www.ledauphine.com/meeting-de-marseilleen-lice-sur-100-m-et-200-m-le-bon-jour-pour-lemaitre--@/index.jspz?article=310679

The last is in french and google seems not able to translate it.

Edited by: The Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How much more time before he races? I'm just curious. I got my fingers crossed and I'm just hoping he can still find a way to go sub 10 today. I also want him to smash his 200 meters p.b. if his health is ok.

freedom1

Mentor
MEETING OF MARSEILLES In lists on 100 m and 200 m: the good day for Lemaitre?
The Savoyard one could become the first one to sprint white to run the 100 m in less than ten seconds, today on the stadium of Luminy. While hoping that the forecast is favorable, and notably that the Mistral blows not too strong.

One had remained on his frustration of the final one interclubs to Franconville, a 100 curled m in 10"03 that did not do hardly his happiness on the blow, even if it was a matter of his new personal record.

For intrinsically, Christophe Lemaitre already has a stopwatch in less than ten in the legs. Remain simply to knowledge when the prodigy of the AS Aix-les-Bains find the conditions to even of him to allow becoming the 72E athlete, and the white first one, to succeed this performance on the upright line.

"Just a cape to cross" Maybe this will be the good day to Marseilles, to the stadium of Luminy? For for the first time of the season, Lemaitre will have an opposition a not very solid one, with as announced opponents a Ukrainian one to 10"17 and a Nigerian one to 10'' 21. This is a little less solid than foreseen but these athletes can despite all sprout Lemaitre in its entrenchments.

"One well slaves over this week, with notably a meeting of hell Tuesday", precise Rock Carraz, his trainer. "Saturday, if the conditions are good, it let the record burst", wets itself the coach, that speaks for this season of a stopwatch to less than 9"95. "After, remain the unknown one forecast", adds Carraz, distrusting lives to screw of the Mistral.

Lemaitre, him, always inhales to rid fastest possible of this expectation. "That would arrange me to run in less than ten seconds as soon as possible", it had. Without putting itself too many pressures in comparison with this stopwatch, "that is not an objective but just a cape to cross. If I do not succeed in Marseilles, Rome (June 10) will be a beautiful occasion to recover me."

First 200 m of the season whatever his performance on 100 m, the Savoyard one will double tonight, with a 200 m to his menu an hour later. His personal record (20"68 the past year to Geneva) no longer reflects really his level. Tuesday, Carraz timed it in 20"2 manual, is about 20"40 electric. "If I run around this time, I will be satisfied", loosens the Aixois, that will measure itself to the American Dykes and to Dwight Thomas, member of the 4x100 m jamaïcain.

The Master

Guru
Normally he run at 17:38 which was 6 minutes ago.

I tried to call the meeting contact but it's busy...

Edit : It's too long, I think he did not make it....

Edited by: The Master

albinosprint

Mentor
damn!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The race was run into a headwind, so the sub 10 wouldn't have happened today anyway.
But it is not good that Lemaitre false started again at a big meet. He has to learn to deal with the pressure.

StarWars

Mentor
I wouldn't worry about him false starting at all. That's complete over-analysis (something we do too often on here). I'm glad there was a headwind, so we know we didn't miss anything.

I thought he'd run a little faster than 20.56, but the strong wind explains it. The + sign doesn't help the 200 like it does the 100.

I think he's in great shape for June 10.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm still not too worried but I will say one thing. It needs to happen soon. The pressure will continue to build. It will turn from a monkey on his back to a Gorilla. It is as if the weight of the world is on his shoulders. It really affected Shirvo. I don't want to see any of that happen to this wonder kid.

Just keep your head up Christophe. Nice job in the 200. I'm glad he got to get some of that frustration out of him. He has a new personal best in the deuce. Not a bad day at all. My advice to him is to just stay loose and relaxed on Thursday. Just treat the race like any other club meet. Even if Asafa Powell is next to him, don't even think about it. Just relax and run your race. That is the key to running fast times. Never nervous, just relaxed, poised and focused.

trackster

Mentor
I was just reading a French article about his day. He did indeed face a strong headwind in the 200 (they call the wind "defavorable"), so 20.56 wasn't a bad effort. The headwind would have prevented him from making history in the 200. He needs to get into some big time meets now and let 'er rip.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
I wouldn't worry about him false starting at all. That's complete over-analysis (something we do too often on here). I'm glad there was a headwind, so we know we didn't miss anything.

I thought he'd run a little faster than 20.56, but the strong wind explains it. The + sign doesn't help the 200 like it does the 100.

I think he's in great shape for June 10.

I agree he's in great shape.
But in his last 2 big meets - the WC in Berlin and today's National meet - he false started.
It's a bit worrisome to me because it could play with his head in future big meets. For now he's been running fantastic times at small meets; but he has to learn to handle the pressure and attention of big meets. No doubt the physical ability is there. But mental fortitude is also required. Look at Asafa Powell for instance.
The best thing for Lemaitre would be to crack 10 flat as soon as possible, and get that big mental/physical/psychological barrier out of the way. Then ease him into some big meets to get used to the atmosphere and pressure at the next level of competition.
I appreciate that his coaches are bringing him along gradually to that next level, so he is not overwhelmed. But still I can't wait to see what he can do against top level competition!

The Master

Guru
Come on, that meeting was a small thing, nothing to see with the world junior championship or the european junior championship in which he won 2 times...

The 100m winner won in 10'53 (he has a PB of 10'27 !!)

It was a small meeting, with a strong wing called "Le Mistral", which f**ked all the performance.

He won the 200m against Dwight Thomas who has a PB of 20'32 and he won with 2/10 of advance...

He just moved a little bit the shoulders and that was enough with hat stupid false-start law.

He just took a chance, remind you when he did 10'03 at his last race, his coach said his start was bad, he probably wanted to correct that and made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.