CASTE FOOTBALL SITE UPDATE

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There have been some issues when it comes to bringing the content from the old site to the new site. Apparently it has to do with the different types of programming between the old and the new site and all the articles (and there are hundreds of them) are going to have to be brought over manually over a period of time instead of all at once as was previously thought possible.

The board still has a number of issues to be worked on, mostly of the minor variety. Those will be fixed over time. It's functional; the main problem is that four of the football forums didn't transfer over with the rest of the forums (Bucs, Titans, Redskins and CFL).

I'm going to get some training next week on the admin for the board and for the site, and then new material should start appearing on the homepage, after which comments can be made.

I will try to write articles, but I also need help from the many fine and knowledgeable writers we have here. We need some of you to blog new material on a regular or irregular basis. A lot of stuff can be short, really no more than a decent-sized post of a few paragraphs here on the board. Getting as much interesting new content as possible is the goal. You can write about anything related directly or indirectly to sports you want, or you can specialize in a sport or two or three. Ideally we need at least one blogger for each sport and more for the major ones.

Dry writing is not encouraged; lively, sarcastic, irreverent writing is. We're trying to expose the Big Lie of black athletic supremacy, along with its accompanying institutionalized but unacknowledged agenda of affirmative action and media enforcement; mockery is a very effective tool in our arsenal.

If you're interested in writing for Caste Football, you can post here or pm me, whatever you prefer. Writing new material instead of posting it here may cut down on posts on the board for a while, but it will drive a lot more people to the site, which over time will make the board more active as well.

I have another project in mind to expand Caste Football after the new site is finally finished and running as it should, which I'll propose then.

Don I'd definitely like to blog for the home page. I know my writing style is a little more dry and straightforward, but I'll will work on adding some color and vibrancy lest people got bored to death reading what I write. I want to work on some things too to get some more traffic driven to CF, so people can be exposed the magical lies of the mainstream sports media and convert some more Drunk White Fans to true supporters of white athletes!

I think the profile and friend function is pretty cool and adds a whole new "social network" dynamic to this community. Is there anyway comments on our profile pages can be added in the future? I think that would be pretty cool.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don I'd definitely like to blog for the home page. I know my writing style is a little more dry and straightforward, but I'll will work on adding some color and vibrancy lest people got bored to death reading what I write. I want to work on some things too to get some more traffic driven to CF, so people can be exposed the magical lies of the mainstream sports media and convert some more Drunk White Fans to true supporters of white athletes!

Sounds good, you're the second volunteer so far.

And I'm not trying to scare anyone off by saying that the writing needs to be at an award winning level. I consider just about everyone on here a good writer. The one thing I want to avoid is overly dry writing. But write whatever you want however you want. Many of the posts on this board are article worthy if fleshed out a bit.

A comparison to what I'm striving for is Bleacher Report, which has all kinds of different writers posting articles.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think the profile and friend function is pretty cool and adds a whole new "social network" dynamic to this community. Is there anyway comments on our profile pages can be added in the future? I think that would be pretty cool.

I think so. There's a lot I have yet to learn about this board's admin functions. V-Bulletin's is a lot different from that of WebWiz and seems more complex. I'll be getting some training soon, and will get a better handle on all the bells and whistles it has over time.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Count me in for doing a little blogging/writing as well. I'll do my best to make it interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these things become a reality and with enough of us united and helping in the effort, they will be more than a success!

Sounds good, you're the second volunteer so far.

And I'm not trying to scare anyone off by saying that the writing needs to be at an award winning level. I consider just about everyone on here a good writer. The one thing I want to avoid is overly dry writing. But write whatever you want however you want. Many of the posts on this board are article worthy if fleshed out a bit.

A comparison to what I'm striving for is Bleacher Report, which has all kinds of different writers posting articles.

Great. I get what you're saying about fleshing out the posts. When I post on the forums, I don't look back over what I wrote, revise, etc. Sometimes I look back and some of what I wrote looks goofy, bad grammar, or wrong syntax. Anything I write for the blog I'll look it over a few times to make revisions and corrections. I agree with you on the bleacher report, because they have both long and short articles. I'm really looking forward to this, and once the front page has established itself I think we will find a lot of new people who will make it a daily stop.

devans

Mentor
I need to change my email address, but can't work out how to do it. Can anyone explain how this is done?
Thanks

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The homepage is finally almost ready to be updated with new material. The only thing left to do is set up the log-in and password requirements for those who want to comment on the articles. That should be done sometime next week, so we're almost there.

The homepage is finally almost ready to be updated with new material. The only thing left to do is set up the log-in and password requirements for those who want to comment on the articles. That should be done sometime next week, so we're almost there.

Awesome! I think this is going to usher in a new era here at CF, with a lot of activity happening on the home page. I think it will be a good opportunity to convince some borderline DWFs since google tends to turn up more stuff from home page articles then from forum posts. I think you might have mentioned something like search engine optimization before Don, how would that work with the articles and news etc on the home page?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! I think this is going to usher in a new era here at CF, with a lot of activity happening on the home page. I think it will be a good opportunity to convince some borderline DWFs since google tends to turn up more stuff from home page articles then from forum posts. I think you might have mentioned something like search engine optimization before Don, how would that work with the articles and news etc on the home page?

I'm not sure about search engine optimization. Maybe we have some posters here who can answer your question.

Keep in mind that it will take a team effort to realize CF's potential. I'm going to write when I can, but my plate is very full with a lot of different obligations. I'm sure most are in the same boat, so we need the many knowledgeable posters here to chip in as they can, whether regularly or irregularly. I'm confident we'll get in the swing of things once we start publishing original material.

Guru
Here's a strange glitch I came across - I went into settings and clicked to unsubscribe from a thread I'm subscribed to. When I click on that I get taken a page saying I've banned permanently.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There are four new articles on the homepage - one by PhillyBirds on Lance Berkman (originally a post in the Baseball forum), one by Freddie, a Corporate Sports Report, and a J.B. Cash article.

I've been told that comments to the article now functions properly. You need to register to make comments; that is a different registration than the one you have on the board though you can use the same name if you want. I hope some of you post comments and let me know if you encounter any problems or glitches doing so.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
CF Bloggers Unite!

White Lightning has written a good article about Lemaitre on the homepage. Let's keep the content coming! The homepage is pretty much dead right now as far as comments and interest. The homepage is as important as the board so we need to keep putting fresh content on it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, did you get my rough draft?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I got it, Reb, thank you. WL's was short and sweet so I got it up today as I'm super-busy getting the Nationalist Times finished. I'll post yours tomorrow, also one from "Angry White Fan." :high5:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to reading what this "Angry White Fan" has to say.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some person by the name of HandyMan made an ignorant comment on my college football article on the homepage. We should all regularly check those front page articles to check for such comments so we can educate people when necessary.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'd like to point out a couple of issues that i've had with the board, so hopefully someone can either A) tell me what i need to do differently, or B) tell the tech guys so they can fix them.

1) is there a way to see if any posts are made after i read a thread once i've logged onto the site? i don't see any difference in the icons after i click on them to read the updated threads, nor does it change the entire time i'm logged in. on the old boards, after i clicked on a thread it would change appearance and no longer look un-read, though it would change to un-read status if someone posted while i was online but hadn't yet looked at it. am i the only one who has had problems with this?

2) i don't know what's going on with my Private Messages. they are apparently often times disappearing into the digital ether after i hit the "submit message" button or completely disintegrating, because not only am i not getting responses to my messages, the messages aren't even showing up in my "Sent" folder. has anyone else had this kind of problem? it's making it nigh impossible to communicate with folks.

thanks in advance for any help!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
i'd like to point out a couple of issues that i've had with the board, so hopefully someone can either A) tell me what i need to do differently, or B) tell the tech guys so they can fix them.

1) is there a way to see if any posts are made after i read a thread once i've logged onto the site? i don't see any difference in the icons after i click on them to read the updated threads, nor does it change the entire time i'm logged in. on the old boards, after i clicked on a thread it would change appearance and no longer look un-read, though it would change to un-read status if someone posted while i was online but hadn't yet looked at it. am i the only one who has had problems with this?

2) i don't know what's going on with my Private Messages. they are apparently often times disappearing into the digital ether after i hit the "submit message" button or completely disintegrating, because not only am i not getting responses to my messages, the messages aren't even showing up in my "Sent" folder. has anyone else had this kind of problem? it's making it nigh impossible to communicate with folks.

As far as #1, when you go to new posts, clicking the blue button to the left of the topic of a thread shows you all the new posts since you last read the thread; clicking the blue button to the right of the author of the thread's last post takes you to the last post of the thread.

2. For PMs, go to Settings, then General Settings under My Account, and make sure under Private Messaging, then subsection Sent Private Messages, that you click "save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For all the excitement over the site, there are virtually no articles being written, and almost no one commenting on articles except for jaxvid and Col. Reb. Only the Angry White Fan is keeping the new homepage from being barren. I know it's hard to shake old habits, but we need far more activism to make the homepage a daily must-stop read for supporters, opponents, and fence straddlers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

JC, There is a way to change your settings so that when you compose a private message and send it, it keeps a copy of it in your sent folder. If you click on settings and then general settings, you should see the option underneath private messaging.

I didn't see your post, Don. Sorry about that.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
For all the excitement over the site, there are virtually no articles being written, and almost no one commenting on articles except for jaxvid and Col. Reb. Only the Angry White Fan is keeping the new homepage from being barren. I know it's hard to shake old habits, but we need far more activism to make the homepage a daily must-stop read for supporters, opponents, and fence straddlers.

I'll admit I'm a bit surprised at how little has been going on on the front page. I'm going to have a new article ready this week (and hopefully at least one every month through the end of football season), but I'd sure like to read something from some of you other gents. By the way, I really enjoy Angry White Fan!