CASTE FOOTBALL SITE UPDATE

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don and Colonel,

thanks for the help. i appreciate it.

and Don is right about us needing to write more for the homepage. i know how little time i have, but still we need to make time to write good stuff to keep the homepage active ... including me. i have certainly dropped the ball simply by not being able to show up and play the game. i will try and get more keyboard time and make it happen.

we all need to do our best to help Don out.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't believe I'm the only one to comment on Angry White Fan's latest blog post on the front page! Y'all are missing out if you aren't reading his work, as it is some of the funniest and yet accurate commentary I've ever read. Let's see some support for the revamped front page! :attention:

icsept

Master
I can't believe I'm the only one to comment on Angry White Fan's latest blog post on the front page! Y'all are missing out if you aren't reading his work, as it is some of the funniest and yet accurate commentary I've ever read. Let's see some support for the revamped front page! :attention:

Good point. I pretty much always go straight to the discussion forum. AWF's articles are great.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The number of human spammers registering here the last several days has been enormous. I have to waste time deleting dozens every day. I suspended registrations for about 48 hours earlier in the week and when I lifted it a half dozen had signed up within two hours. Human vermin. The upside is that this is likely occuring because the board gets a lot of traffic.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's been a dozen more sign up just in the two and a half hours since my post above. I may have to permanently suspend new user registrations. That or devote my life to deleting spammers. :crazy:

Tom Iron

Mentor
Don,

I've been "advertizing" castefootball on usatoday. I do it by writing castefootball.us within a long post. I do it like this. I'll write(castefootball.us)a post about the nba lockout or something else and bury it within the post like you see it above. i don't know if the spammers are a result, but that's what I've been doing. Do you want me to stop?

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

I've been "advertizing" castefootball on usatoday. I do it by writing castefootball.us within a long post. I do it like this. I'll write(castefootball.us)a post about the nba lockout or something else and bury it within the post like you see it above. i don't know if the spammers are a result, but that's what I've been doing. Do you want me to stop?

Tom Iron...

Tom, that's great, we need more people promoting the site. The spammer problem is completely unrelated. I don't know exactly how the human spamming works, which has evolved as a response to the ability of most software these days to keep out the spambots (non-human spammers). Maybe there is a list of sites that the scum who run the spamming companies give to their employees to troll and sign up on. There's been a huge rise in the number signing up this week and I'm hoping it's only a temporary phenomenon.