Carwin vs. Lesnar - Who Wins?

Who wins Saturday's UFC 116 Match-Up vs. MMA monsters Lesnar & Carwin?

• Lesnar by TKO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lesnar by KO

• Lesnar by Decision

• Lesnar by Sub

• Carwin by KO

• Carwin by TKO

• Carwin by Sub

• Carwin by Decision

• Draw

• Total voters

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
What say ya'll fellers?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Carwin's has better stand up. Lesnar has better wrestling. I think it depends on what Lesnar's strategy is. I feel like he might stick to the game plan and control Carwin on the ground. Even though Carwin himself is no slouch with wrestling, I think Lesnar is just that good of a wrestler. If Carwin stuffs a couple of Lesnar's takedowns though it might cause some frusteration for Brock and he might try to stand up and trade with Shane. I think Carwin is more in control of his emotions and will keep his cool. I vote Carwin! We'll see though! Either way it will be nice to have these 2 athletic white giants battling it out in front of the whole world.

Pie

Guru
I like Carwin better, but I want Lesnar to win. Reason being that I want to see "Brown Pride" challenge for the title and for all those fans across the nation watching the PPV and the ESPN replay the next day, get to see Lesnar holding him hopelessly against the ground and pounding Cain's face until the the ref has to come and mercifully save the life of the derailed hype-train.<div>
</div><div>Carwin would most likely beat him too, but would probably stand and box with BP and stands some risk of losing. Against Lesnar, Velasquez has zero chance of not being completely embarrassed.</div>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I will go with Carwin. I don't have much respect for idiot Lesnar after his comments about "being built like a black man."

DWFan

Mentor
I'm for Carwin. Ain't watched a UFC in around 10 years but this is on. Hope Brock gets a heel stamped in his face.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Pie said:
I like Carwin better, but I want Lesnar to win. Reason being that I want to see "Brown Pride" challenge for the title and for all those fans across the nation watching the PPV and the ESPN replay the next day, get to see Lesnar holding him hopelessly against the ground and pounding Cain's face until the the ref has to come and mercifully save the life of the derailed hype-train.<div></div><div>Carwin would most likely beat him too, but would probably stand and box with BP and stands some risk of losing. Against Lesnar, Velasquez has zero chance of not being completely embarrassed.</div>

If "Chick Kongblo" rocked "Mud Pride"...Carwin would knock his mestizo @$$ into the next zip code! I'd give Carwin the stand-up edge vs. "Mud Pride" & Brock. I voted for Brock because he has a size, functional strength & (slight) wrestling advantage. Unless Carwin catches him very early in round 1, Brock WILL take him down. Remember, Gabe Gonzaga (a BJJ ace, no a wrestler) took Carwin down (before getting KO'd). Brock looks to have 1-2+ inches & 15-20+ lbs on Carwin.

Brock & Shane Face-Off/Stare Down

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

jcolec02

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
Pie said:
I like Carwin better, but I want Lesnar to win. Reason being that I want to see "Brown Pride" challenge for the title and for all those fans across the nation watching the PPV and the ESPN replay the next day, get to see Lesnar holding him hopelessly against the ground and pounding Cain's face until the the ref has to come and mercifully save the life of the derailed hype-train.<div></div><div>Carwin would most likely beat him too, but would probably stand and box with BP and stands some risk of losing. Against Lesnar, Velasquez has zero chance of not being completely embarrassed.</div>

If "Chick Kongblo" rocked "Mud Pride"...Carwin would knock his mestizo @$$ into the next zip code! I'd give Carwin the stand-up edge vs. "Mud Pride" & Brock. I voted for Brock because he has a size, functional strength & (slight) wrestling advantage. Unless Carwin catches him very early in round 1, Brock WILL take him down. Remember, Gabe Gonzaga (a BJJ ace, no a wrestler) took Carwin down (before getting KO'd). Brock looks to have 1-2+ inches & 15-20+ lbs on Carwin.

Brock & Shane Face-Off/Stare Down
I saw the weigh in and it said they both weighed 265, at least thats what they are saying.

foobar75

Master
Both men looked superb at the weigh-in. This could be a great fight tomorrow. I'm rooting for Carwin because he's a classy, humble, intelligent man. I would, of course, root for Lesnar against pretty much anyone else, but not in this fight. His comments about "being built like a black man" still stings a little bit.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
JCole02, my buddy watched the weigh-in's said Carwin looked more like 250-255 & only was on the scale a quick second before they said "265". My pal thinks they jacked Carwin's weight to provide more "ammo" for their marketing of "battle of the monsters". He said Brock looked 15-20 lbs heavier (his back is much wider than Carwin's). They're both hosses though!

FB75, a few months ago I was really pulling for Carwin (in this fight), but he made a few quasi-braggish comments (nothing over the top). I also took issue with Brock's caste-esque sounding comment about "build like a black man". However, I attribute it to his (racial) unawareness. In any event, I have a bit in common with Brock as he's a country/farm boy, loves hunting, thrash metal, is a huge guy & has a "rebel" streak in him.
smiley2.gif
That being said, I'm not going to "pull for" anyone in this fight and just enjoy it. I predict Brock by TKO (possibly) decision. There's a good chance of a Carwin KO if it stays standing (or possibly a surprise sub), but we'll find out late tonight.
smiley1.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am kinda with dixie on this fight in it being hard to pull for anybody. I hope it's a good fight that shows off two white warriors skills and doesn't go to the judges.

chris371

Mentor
Hmm in round 1 carwin was on top of lesnar and pummelled him, i probably would have stopped it. Brock survived the round, but looked very bad on his back. I would have given it to carwin there.
In round 2 brock shoots and gets shane on his back and eventually chokes him out.
Weird fight, hardest test brock had so far.

heres the full fight

http://www.iviewtube.com/v/159237/brock-lesnar-vs-shane-carwin-1st-round-ufc-116-fight-videoEdited by: chris371

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I've seen many fights stopped for far less carnage"¦which is why Brock personally thanked the referee for not stopping the fight in the 1st during his press conference. Lesnar's chin must be granite to survive those punches / elbows. He looked ultra-calm in the corner after the 1st"¦which is strange, because he just received a hardcore beating. He ended up with a powerful takedown and a nice submission.

Highlights:
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5352613Edited by: Thrashen

snow

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I will go with Carwin. I don't have much respect for idiot Lesnar after his comments about "being built like a black man."

I have to give him a pass on that

"I've been accused of using steroids my entire life, probably since the
tenth grade in high school"¦ I've never failed a drug test. Now if I was a
black guy and I looked the way I do would I get asked this question a
100 times? " - Brock Lesnar

maybe that is why he said he was built like a black guy? Even though he is definitely built like a white guy
Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
snow said:
whiteathlete33 said:

I have to give him a pass on that

"I've been accused of using steroids my entire life, probably since the
tenth grade in high school"¦ I've never failed a drug test. Now if I was a
black guy and I looked the way I do would I get asked this question a
100 times? "

maybe that iss why he said he was built like a black guy? Even though he is definitely built like a white guy

Snow, I've had a 33 inch vertical jump since high school. Everyone said that I "jump like a black guy", or whatever that means. It's a little better now with my weight training as I can dunk fairly easily. Obviously I can't do anything crazy like a 360 jam but you get the point.

moose

Guru
Carwin's cardio sucks,if he had championship cardio he would have won. Lesnar was dominated in the first round, but put on an impressive finish and won the fight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Carwin needs to lose a lot of muscle mass. I know he is huge but for him to walk in to the ring at 280 pounds is crazy. If he was about 245 he would have probably beat Brock. The first round reminded me of Lewis vs Golota when they fought stand up. The difference was that Brock could stall to clear his head.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Bingo on Carwin's (lack of) cardio. He needs to fight between 235-245 & up his BJJ as well. I applaud the ref for not stopping it during the 1st round barrage. I've seen waaay too many MMA fights stopped prematurely. Carwin whooped Brock's @$$ in Rd 1, but "punched himself out" allowing for the take-down & choke. Brock needs to up his striking for the "Mud Brown" fight, as he (Lesnar) has the wrestling, size & power advantage.