Carolina Panthers General Thread

Flint

Mentor
Glad Cmac left before this. It could set the franchise back for years.

Warhawk_46

Master
The Panthers give up an absurd amount of draft capital along with one of the better receivers in the league in order to move up just eight spots to pick a Black QB who more than likely will disappoint. Another sadsack franchise hopelessly addicted to hard-core Caste foolishness:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers acquired the No. 1 overall pick from the Bears in exchange for D.J. Moore, the No. 9 overall pick, a 2023 second-round pick, a 2024 first-round pick, and a 2025 second-round pick.​

The move gives Frank Reich the chance to handpick the next face of Carolina's franchise. He was a sound offensive coach in Indianaoplis but never figured out the most position in football, cycling through Jacoby Brissett, Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz, and Matt Ryan following Andrew Luck's retirement. Most draft pundits have Alabama's Bryce Young as the top quarterback prospect in the draft, but Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Florida's Anthony Richardson will be options for the Panthers. For Chicago, the move fills their extreme need at receiver and allows them to add more talent on either side of the ball.
What’s crazy is they drafted the kid out of Southern Miss last year… he got hurt early but could end up being a very good quarterback.

The asinine moves these teams make is hilarious. I love to watch them screw up time and again.

Phall

Master
It's odd that the franchise that signed the league's only white running back in a decade to the highest RB contract of all-time would be "anti-white," but the Panthers haven't been a rooting interest in quite some time. I'm glad that McCaffrey escaped and that this team's institutional ineptitude will be foisted onto the next black midget hotshot QB superstar.

Flint

Mentor
It's odd that the franchise that signed the league's only white running back in a decade to the highest RB contract of all-time would be "anti-white," but the Panthers haven't been a rooting interest in quite some time. I'm glad that McCaffrey escaped and that this team's institutional ineptitude will be foisted onto the next black midget hotshot QB superstar.
You can't say "midget". Well you can here but in bizzarro land out there you can't. Bill Walton is under fire for using the word during a broadcast. The Little People's association has called for his dismissal for using the "m" word. Yes that's right, another word you can't use.

I remember as a kid playing midget hockey. Oh sorry it was m-word hockey.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Funny that one Caste team fleeced another. Plenty has been said about the Panthers foolishness, but the team they traded with might be a look in the mirror at their future. The Bears have their own magical quarterback, who in 2 seasons has lead the team to 9 wins and can’t seem to pass the ball effectively. Now with their haul, they’ll have the opportunity to build around Fields but the Panthers will be giving their black QB a bare cupboard. Humorous stuff, as the Bears will likely blunder the picks making their great trade irrelevant in the end.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Funny that one Caste team fleeced another. Plenty has been said about the Panthers foolishness, but the team they traded with might be a look in the mirror at their future. The Bears have their own magical quarterback, who in 2 seasons has lead the team to 9 wins and can’t seem to pass the ball effectively. Now with their haul, they’ll have the opportunity to build around Fields but the Panthers will be giving their black QB a bare cupboard. Humorous stuff, as the Bears will likely blunder the picks making their great trade irrelevant in the end.
Well said.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Dalton's the starter and not PJ Walker or some Black rookie this could actually be a good landing spot as Carolina has nothing at WR currently. They'll undoubtedly take a Black QB at number one but maybe he'll sit a year while Dalton starts.

Free agent WR Adam Thielen is visiting the Panthers on Wednesday.​

This is the first sign of interest we've seen reported in Thielen's market and it's a good fit as the Panthers are desperately in need of wideout help with D.J. Moore traded to Chicago. Thielen could profile as the No. 1 Panthers wideout for whoever they take at No. 1 overall in the 2023 draft. Currently the Panthers have a three-wide set of Terrace Marshall, Shi Smith, and Laviska Shenault Jr.

Flint

Mentor
Hey maybe all that Panther gear I was going to throw out might still be wearable?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Panthers sign TE Hayden Hurst
If they sign Thielen as well they may just be worth watching sometimes. If it extends these guys careers it's a good thing. To be honest
though I would like to see Thielen end up in Buffalo to help them get to the Super Bowl. So close the last few years.

At least Carolina is trending in a semi positive direction. Give credit where credit is due.

booth

Mentor
I saw on the local Charlotte news station that the average price for four to go to a Panther game this year was $534.32 cents, making the Panthers the 10th cheapest football stadium to go to. I don't know what this included, parking, drinks, or snacks. I didn't hear them say.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I saw on the local Charlotte news station that the average price for four to go to a Panther game this year was $534.32 cents, making the Panthers the 10th cheapest football stadium to go to. I don't know what this included, parking, drinks, or snacks. I didn't hear them say.
I doubt it could have included parking or food at that price. Parking is probably 50 bucks. Food and drinks for 4 at a pro sports event is probably 125 bucks without drinking a lot or tipping

Phall

Master

Panthers promote Dan Morgan to general manager and president of football operations

dan.jpg

The Carolina Panthers have found a new general manager, and it's someone who has been in their front office since 2021. On Monday, the team announced that former assistant general manager Dan Morgan had been promoted to president of football operations and general manager.

"Dan has a thorough knowledge of our football personnel and a clear vision to take us where we all want to go," Panthers owner David Tepper said in a statement. "We know he will attack this opportunity with the same intensity he did as a Panthers player."

Morgan, of course, was a former first-round pick of the Panthers back in 2001 out of Miami. The linebacker played seven seasons for the franchise, and made the Pro Bowl in 2004. In 59 career games played, Morgan recorded 390 combined tackles, seven sacks, 17 passes defensed and five interceptions.

After retiring in 2009, Morgan turned his attention to being an NFL executive. He worked with the Seattle Seahawks for eight years starting as an intern, assistant director of pro personnel and then later director of pro personnel, and for the Buffalo Bills as their director of player personnel for three seasons before joining the front office of the team he played for as their assistant GM.

According to CBS Sports HQ senior NFL insider Josina Anderson, sources said that Morgan had the trust and embedded comfort of Tepper. One source even believed that Morgan was Tepper's guy all along. With this promotion, Morgan will take over the personnel operation. The first item on his "to-do list" likely includes deciding on Carolina's next head coach.

Interesting hire... for all his faults, I'd guess that Tepper doesn't necessarily "drink the Kool-Aid" and hired a guy he liked over the AA candidates he was forced to interview for the job. Whether Morgan cares to find some "good ol' boys" for the Carolina roster (or if he is even allowed to) will be another story.

The first barometer will be what the team does with Adam Thielen. He's on a very cap-friendly deal for some reason but could prefer to end his career on a team with a chance of winning.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Panthers just hired Dave Canales, the Buccaneers OC as their new head coach. Asided from Baker Mayfield, the Bucs weren't loaded with white talent on offense, but then again, how much input does a coordinator have in personnel decisions? Any clues on how this might shake out?

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
He’s an unknown to me. I’m guessing the reclamation of Baker got him the gig. Young is of a similar stature.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He’s an unknown to me. I’m guessing the reclamation of Baker got him the gig. Young is of a similar stature.
I think Mayfield might outweigh Young by 15-20 lbs, Mayfield is more athletic with a stronger arm too. I honestly don’t think Canales will be successful in Carolina. He will have a meddling owner, has a mediocre roster and what looks like a mid tier qb at best that the Panthers just invested the number 1 pick on a year ago.0

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
With the situation in Carolina and the new Dreem Teem in Atlanta, the NFC South will be a two team (Tampa Bay and New Orleans) division for the foreseeable future!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer