Buffalo Bills General Thread

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Bills have been a disappointment during free agency. They just overpaid for an aging Von Miller, they signed 1st round bust OJ Howard, cut AJ Klein, let Harrison Phillips go in free agency and are trying to trade Beasley
Yes strange because they have been shrewd under new management. They have let a lot of depth guys walk and now have signed an aging player who is clearly on his last legs. This signing could blow up in their face if he is constantly in the training room with various niggles.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I think this might be the end of the road for Beasley. Not because he’s skills have fallen off but because the NFL sees him as a troublemaking bad-goy. His stance against the league’s ridiculous vaccine rules and discrimination put a target on his back. What cucked owner or GM is going to sign him and reward his “bad behavior”?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As of now the Bills still have 7 White starters on their depth chart -- Allen, Knox, Beasley, 3 o-linemen and Milano on D. Beasley may be a goner but they don't have much depth at WR after Diggs and Davis, and that's assuming Davis can be a capable starter as right now he's only a one-hit wonder (4 TD catches in a playoff game). Emmanuel Sanders is all but washed up. They also still have Kumerow and Tanner Gentry on their roster. Gentry has been as screwed over as Kumerow, who is currently listed as second string behind Diggs on Our Lads' depth chart. Let's see how the draft works out along with possible further FA signings and trades before drawing too many conclusions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And just like that, Beasley is released. His role would have been diminished anyway with the Bills this year, so if he can find a good landing spot he's better off. But as always the word "if" is very important when talking about the Caste NFL.

El Gringo

Mentor
Well hopefully for Allen they can at least swing a trade for c-mac! I have know idea why they would sign the 33 year old Miller to a 6 year hundred million plus contract.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bills signed DB Zayne Anderson to a 2 year deal. The Bills safeties are both on the wrong side of 30, maybe Anderson will get a shot or maybe he is a WSTD.

Would like to see the Bills Whiten up a little in the draft but I'm not holding my breath.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Zayne is an NFL talent! Injuries were his Achilles heel in college. He stays healthy, he’s a specimen.

Warhawk_46

Master
So it turns out another young white man had his future kicked to the curb due to a lying woman…

icsept

Master
So it turns out another young white man had his future kicked to the curb due to a lying woman…

I wonder if he has a chance to resume his career. He’s a superb athlete.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Hopefully this new stadium being built will be for the eventual Super Bowl Champions in the next few years!

When the deal was initially reached in March 2022, the combined $850 million in public funding for the initially $1.4 billion outdoor stadium ($600 million from New York state and $250 million from Erie County) was the largest public commitment for an NFL stadium.

Does Erie County really have 250 million it can spare on this project? Western New York is in pretty poor economic condition so how on earth are they affording this?

The good news is…. They aren’t! They will just borrow from the future and bury their children in more debt.

Effing pathetic

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Borrowing from the future and burying their children in more debt is pretty much the American way.. Not being a smart ass, agree it’s pathetic.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
And when you consider the demographics of the majority of the players versus that of Erie county it becomes even more pathetic.

I realize we have fascism in the US (in the classical sense) even so whenever I hear about poor areas being fleeced for stupidity like this it galls me.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
White tax payers will pick up the tab as usual. Not sure of the amount of Asians over there.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
As of the 2020,[14] there were 954,236 people living in the county. The population density was 915 inhabitants per square mile (353/km2). There were 438,747 housing units at an average density of 421 per square mile (163/km2). The racial makeup of the county was 72.6% White, 14.1% Black or African American, 0.6% Native American, 4.9% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.3% from other races and 5.4% from two or more races. 6.3% of the population were Hispanicor Latino of any race.

That’s from Wikipedia so take it for what it’s worth. How many people do you know that are clamoring to move to Buffalo right now?

Considering that the city of Buffalo is likely less vibrant than the county at large, this is yet again another fleecing scheme.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tt-very-concerned-stefon-diggs-not-bills-camp

I believe Diggs pulled a similar routine last year. He’s a team cancer, ego driven prima donna. The way Allen has to cater to him and feed his ego is pathetic but I can’t fault Allen completely as he is a victim of his environment and has to tread lightly. Funny how once again sports mirrors society.

As for McDermott and Beane - they should have moved on from Diggs in the off season but instead decided to double down on the typical stupid, predictable caste mindset. The Bills brain trust isn’t helping Allen much as the team has gotten blacker - they signed another over 30 former 1st round mediocrity in Leonard Floyd to pair with overplayed bum knee Von Miller. The o-line and running game also remains a question mark.

Warhawk_46

Master
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tt-very-concerned-stefon-diggs-not-bills-camp

I believe Diggs pulled a similar routine last year. He’s a team cancer, ego driven prima donna. The way Allen has to cater to him and feed his ego is pathetic but I can’t fault Allen completely as he is a victim of his environment and has to tread lightly. Funny how once again sports mirrors society.

As for McDermott and Beane - they should have moved on from Diggs in the off season but instead decided to double down on the typical stupid, predictable caste mindset. The Bills brain trust isn’t helping Allen much as the team has gotten blacker - they signed another over 30 former 1st round mediocrity in Leonard Floyd to pair with overplayed bum knee Von Miller. The o-line and running game also remains a question mark.
Allen should be honest and say they have force fed Diggs and he has gotten his numbers… he was 4th in the league in receptions and 5th in yards last year. He is not the 4th or 5th best wideout in the game.

The Bills are better when they don’t force feed him actually.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Freethinker

Hall of Famer