Brian finneran

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
There is no way, IMO, Atlanta is even in this game with Vick at QB. That last drive and the 2 pt. conversion would not have happened if the Falcons were depending on Vick to move them down the field that way.

There are plenty of teams for whom Schaub could start, right now.

G

like i said, schaub is a potential starter, but never on the falcons.

Kaptain

Master
Schaub would have even had a better game if the legendary Dez White and Michael Jenkins could stop dropping passes. There is NO WAY Finneran shouldn't be the number one reciever on this team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't agree more. And it's been that way for years.

white tornado

Mentor
Great game i was there. Finneran also had a great catch on the sidline to set up the 58 yard feildgoal.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From ESPN:
With five catches for 103 yards, Brian Finneran became the first Atlanta wide receiver in 32 games to post an individual 100-yard performance.

Wow.

Does it have anything to do with someone besides Mike "Scattergun" Vick quarterbacking the Falcons?

Nah.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great stat. Thirty-two games without a hundred yard receiver is beyond pathetic. Even with way over-rated WRs other than Finneran, it's a direct indictment of "the most dangerous weapon to ever play in the NFL."

My favorite Caste System moment during the game was when the play-by-play announcer said before a snap, "Finneran is lined up on the near side, with three speed burners lined up on the other side."
smiley36.gif

Finneran is so much better than any other receiver on the team it's beyond discussion. Crumpler the tight end is second.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
He said "three speed burners" because they're all black and he didn't know any of their names.
smiley36.gif

kevin

Guru
TheFalconshaven't seen this much passing since Mike Vick bacame qb. However when Vick comes backI doubt there will be another reciever with a hundred yard game. I think one of the reasons for the dropped passes is because the recievers aren't used to having the ball get throw to them. Vick never lets the play develope he takes off and runs before they can get open.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Dez White has been moved to the bottom of WR depth chart in Atlanta.

Believe it or not, BRIAN FINNERAN will be starting in Monday night's game against the Jets, opposite Michael Jenkins.

smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Way to go Atlanta! I hope Finneran tears it up! I need him to get about 3TD's and 150 yards or so receiving to win my fantasy game, now that Drew Bennett is out. Go Brian!

Spooge

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
Way to go Atlanta! I hope Finneran tears it up! I
need him to get about 3TD's and 150 yards or so receiving to win my
fantasy game, now that Drew Bennett is out. Go Brian!

The only way Finneran will get those kind of yards is if Super Vick
slips getting out of his gold plated shower and stubs his toe!
Leaving Shaub to do his magic, otherwise, the arch angel Vick will make
sure that if he does pass the ball it will be to a brother or a brother
on the other team. He will definatley not throw it to whitey.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Spooge, I'm being overly optimistic about Finneran because he's on my fantasy team, and I need a win bad. I realize this is far from what will probably happen, but I figured I'd try to inject the thread with some optimistic humor!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The sad thing is, Dez White may not actually be that bad a receiver, nor Michael Jenkins. Hell, even Peerless Price may not be that bad! Thing is, no one will EVER know how good the receivers are in Atlanta, as long as Vick is quarterbacking that team.

Spooge

Guru
Well said Shogun. Vick taxes his own defense and atrophes the
offense all at the expense of the Falcoons. Only when the powers
that be in Phat lanta choose to even out their team and have a balanced
quarterback like Shaub will they be a viable threat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was good to see Finneran get the ball today after being totally ignored for the last two games.He had 92 yards receiving.This guy could average that every week & more if the idiot at qb would ever throw him the ball more.Vick is horrible.Finneran is the best receiver they have and yet because he is white,he is ignored.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i dont think Vick ignores him because he is white, Vick is just a bad QB with poor awareness and since Finneran gets more attention from defenses than any other receiver on Falcons, Vick has difficulties sending a ball his way... he can't even complete a throw to his WRs if they are in man coverage...

nice TD Brian
smiley1.gif

G

The crap thing is that 'nfl experts' are going to harp on about about his dropped catch that could have been a TD. It was a suprise tosee Vick play above his usual sub par level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Vick, you know the old saying, "every dog has his day." Well, yesterday the dog had his one day for the year.
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
It's more of the coached fault than Vick's as to why Finneran isn't playing more. Afterall isn't the coaches who decides who plays how much. If the coaching staff would just let Finneran start he would produce.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WhiteRB said:
The crap thing is that 'nfl experts' are going to harp on about about his dropped catch that could have been a TD. It was a suprise tosee Vick play above his usual sub par level.

I watched "Prime Time" and Sports Center last night, and every time they showed highlights of the Atlanta game, they showed Finneran's touchdown catch -- and his drop in the endzone. Highlight packages are almost always of good plays unless a bad play is a really bad or decisive play, and Finneran's wasn't either.Focusing on itserved the dual purpose of showing that Mikey almost had another TD throw as well as making the white receiver look bad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a "scouting report" on Finneran that someone sent us:

"Big, rangy target with sneaky speed up the boundary and the ability to get above defender in the red zone. Can get natural separation and, while he'll drop some throws, will go aggressively after the football. Could be an effective No. 3 receiver for some team."

It's nice to know that Brian can aspire to be a "No. 3" for a team when he's clearly been the Falcons "No. 1" when he's been allowed to play.
smiley29.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Finneran re-upped with Atlanta for 4 years and $8 mil. That's the good news. The bad news is that his "quarterback" will still be Michael Vick.

I'm happy that Finneran got his money, but it is disheartening to hear him say in interviews that he is looking forward to helping first-round busts Michael Jenkins and Roddy White "develop into stars and to hopefully become starters." W.T.F.?!? Finn should be demanding a place in the starting line-up.

Nice guys like Finneran don't necessarily finish last but they DO get steamrolled in the NFL's caste system.