Braxton Berrios

The Hock

Master
Berrios is the most electryfying return man in the NFL. It's really not that close. It's just too bad he doesn't have the swivel hips & the room brightening smile. Joking. So
happy he is a star even if only returning the ball for now. We all know what he can do if give the reps at wide receiver. What a dynamic athlete & football player!

If I remember that's how Edelman established himself in the NFL, as a return guy while he serves his racial apprenticeship.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here are the statistics of two returners in the NFL.

Player "A" had 25 punt returns for 360 yards and a 14.4 average. Player "A" had 22 kickoff returns for 541 yards and a 24.6 average. Total return yardage for punt returns + kickoff returns is 901.

Player "B" had 15 punt returns for 201 yards and a 13.4 average. Player "B" had 26 kickoff returns for 797 yards and a 30.7 average. Total return yardage for punt returns + kickoff returns is 998.

Player "A" had no TDs on returns and player "B" had one TD on a return.

Which player has had a better year as a returner? Which one would you rather have on your team?

Player "A" is Devin Duvernay. He was named to the Pro Bowl. Player "B" is Braxton Berrios.

Berrios has had a better year than Duvernay yet Duvernay was named to the Pro Bowl over Berrios.

This is because of black privilege and anti-white discrimination.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to Braxton Berrios for being named first team All-Pro.

This surprised me because I'm so used to seeing superior white players passed over in favor of black players who aren't as good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to Braxton Berrios for being named first team All-Pro.

This surprised me because I'm so used to seeing superior white players passed over in favor of black players who aren't as good.

I was shocked to read this. Thanks for posting it. Berrios can do a little of everything. He reminds me of Julian Edelman. There is no doubt that
Braxton Berrios can do even bigger and better things if you just play the kid more on offense. It's not rocket science.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully Berrios doesn't price himself out of the market. The term "hometown discount" is often bandied about, but there's another very real one in the NFL, the "White discount."

Jets WR Braxton Berrios is seeking a $9 million per year contract. The Jets want to re-sign Berrios but aren't expected to go that high. 26-year-old Berrios had a strong finish to 2021, scoring four touchdowns in the final three games, but there are questions whether he can hold up as a full-time receiver. Berrios, who had 43 career receptions going into the season, averaged six catches and 50 yards per game in the five weeks he played at least 50% of snaps. With Berrios unlikely to give a Jets discount, there's a good chance the All-Pro returner reaches free agency this offseason.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Berrios doesn't price himself out of the market. The term "hometown discount" is often bandied about, but there's another very real one in the NFL, the "White discount."

Jets WR Braxton Berrios is seeking a $9 million per year contract. The Jets want to re-sign Berrios but aren't expected to go that high. 26-year-old Berrios had a strong finish to 2021, scoring four touchdowns in the final three games, but there are questions whether he can hold up as a full-time receiver. Berrios, who had 43 career receptions going into the season, averaged six catches and 50 yards per game in the five weeks he played at least 50% of snaps. With Berrios unlikely to give a Jets discount, there's a good chance the All-Pro returner reaches free agency this offseason.
Braxton owes the Jets nothing. If he gets a better offer with the insurance of playing time, he should take it.

Basically every time he was allowed to play at receiver, he performed well. However, that PT was only afforded whenever Jamison Crowder was hurt. When Crowder was healthy it was back to the bench for Whitey. Neither coaching staffed dared get creative an run formations with dual slots. Basically Berrios owes his career to Crowder’s fragility, not the Jets organization.

Red Raider

Mentor
Berrios signs a 2 year extension with the Jets. 2 years $12 million, a significant pay raise and a bit of security for him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Berrios signs a 2 year extension with the Jets. 2 years $12 million, a significant pay raise and a bit of security for him.

If the NY Jets are smart enough to sign him then let's hope they find a bigger role for playing time at wide receiver going forward. The Jets like the Giants need all the
help they can get. Play the man and watch him light up the box score!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nice little contract and some security for Berrios! Had a great year returning and I agree should get more reps at WR!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like he's set as the starting slot man with Jamison Crowder being shown the door. We'll have to root hard for Zach Wilson to blossom this year. Great for Braxton, before last season it looked like he would never get an opportunity in the NFL but he's persevered and he's one of the few White receivers to overcome a racial apprenticeship.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great news indeed! Even Rabbiworld acknowledged that the Jets may have been lucky to land him at a discount. We know how that goes. The White Athlete Special but I’m not upset as the Jets with Wilson are actually a good landing spot. The NY DWFs, who are usually rabidly anti-White, seem to like him too so there’s that.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I looked up Berrios on the Jets blog Gang Green Nation. I looked at the comments and saw the same old racist stereotypes.

Berrios was called slow, lacking in NFL speed, etc. It was also said he was overpaid and could only be a backup.

I'm so sick of hearing this rubbish.

Calling Berrios slow is idiotic. He should be the Jets starting slot receiver.

Great news indeed! Even Rabbiworld acknowledged that the Jets may have been lucky to land him at a discount. We know how that goes. The White Athlete Special but I’m not upset as the Jets with Wilson are actually a good landing spot. The NY DWFs, who are usually rabidly anti-White, seem to like him too so there’s that.

The Jet DWFs have ZERO right to be biased towards any type of player, how have their black darlings done since 1969? 52 years with zero super bowl appearances, as far as i'm concerned the jets should field a team of undervalued white guys across the board from DB to RB (can't be any worse?)