Braxton Berrios

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
According to Jason Kirk of SBNation.com, Braxton Berrios doesn't have "much of a top gear." Unsurprisingly, Berrios only seems to remind him of other former Patriot slot receivers (Welker, Amendola), but not Troy Brown for some reason...

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/28/17297086/braxton-berrios-patriots-nfl-draft-2018

"Every time anyone watched a Miami Hurricanes game in the last year or two, they all made the same joke about WR Braxton Berrios: that guy looks like a New England Patriot. The Pats have trademarked a certain kind of wide receiver — small, shifty, slot-ty, good hands, good routes, and not much of a top gear, among other traits — and Berrios looked to many people like an obvious heir to the lineage. Somebody always reminds people of Wes Welker and Danny Amendola and so forth. It’s an annual thing. Last year, Ryan Switzer caught the tag. Berrios is more than just an archetype, of course: No player on Miami’s roster in 2017 was more integral to the program than wide receiver Braxton Berrios. Whether it was as a returner, wide receiver or team-elected captain, the Raleigh, North Carolina, native leaves it all on the field whenever he suits up. Since coming to Miami, the five-foot-nine receiver has heard the criticisms. He’s just a slot receiver, he’s destined to be a New England Patriot, he’s not fast enough. In his four years at Miami, Berrios illustrated that he is more than the sum of what he lacks. When Berrios ended his career at UM, he was named the Offensive Player of the Year, The Mariutto Family Scholar-Athlete Award and was a finalist for the Campbell Award which is given to an athlete who performs well academically, is involved in the community and has great on-field performance. A Finance and Entrepreneurship major with a 3.96 GPA, Berrios has excelled in every walk of life in regards to being a student athlete."

"He is more than the sum of what he lacks."
WTF? Berrios ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine and allegedly ran a 4.35 40 during the Miami pro-day...

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...8-nfl-auditions-feel-like-last-day-of-school/

But he's white, so he can't be considered "fast" under any circumstance. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how many white WR's lead their team to SB victory or have 1,000-yard seasons, they'll always be stigmatized and never get the respect they deserve. In last year's SB game, three (3) different white pass-catchers on the same team had over 100 receiving yards.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
At least NESN.com openly admits their racism against white WR's in their lame and wildly-inaccurate "evaluation" of Berrios...

"Let’s just say Berrios looks the part of a scrappy, gritty, deceptively fast, lunch-pail receiver in the mold of Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola and Wes Welker. Oh, and Troy Brown."

https://nesn.com/2018/05/braxton-berrios-film-review-will-receiver-be-patriots-next-great-slot/

Word is that Edelman and Hogan will be the #1 and #2, with Jordan Matthews and the oft-injured Malcolm Mitchell competing for the #3 and #4 spot. Slater is a special teams player and Berrios, Britt, Patterson, McCarron, and Hollister will be competing for the final 2 WR spots.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The pathetic thing about NESN is that they are the network that covers the Patriots. They have witnessed first hand white WR dominance over the past decade - from Welker to Edelman to Amendola to Hogan. Yet they just spew out the same caste BS rather than doing any research at all.

I really hope Berrios becomes the next go to slot WR for the Pats.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
But he's white, so he can't be considered "fast" under any circumstance. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how many white WR's lead their team to SB victory or have 1,000-yard seasons, they'll always be stigmatized and never get the respect they deserve. In last year's SB game, three (3) different white pass-catchers on the same team had over 100 receiving yards.
When it comes to sports, especially Amerika’s Secular Religion of football, this is the ultimate red pill which is basically a huge black pill.

In this system, which is intentionally stacked against our guys, no amount of great games or amazing individual seasons or top percentile combine performances will change a damn thing. (((They))) control the sporting leagues and the sports media. Just like every other institution in occupied JewSA, these are weapons to be wield against us. We should never expect our guys to get a fair shake until we again control our own institutions.

I still support and follow our guys but I try not to get too invested in the day to day heartbreaks that they befall. I’m focusing more on the big picture. Working to improve myself mentally, psychically, spiritually and financially. Talking to people about jewi$h power and supporting platforms that name (((them))). If we handle the JQ, all of our other problems, like discrimination in sports, will fall into place too (sorry for the off-topic rant).

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I really hope Berrios becomes the next go to slot WR for the Pats.

Given NE’s depth at WR, Berrios could end up like Jeremy Ebert, who was a 7th round draft pick that was cut by the Pats after his first training camp. Berrios has flashed some ability in the punt return game (see link below), so I think he’ll find a way to make the cut. Aside from Patterson, the other black receivers (Britt, Dorsett, Mitchell, and Matthews) aren't known to be punt returns.

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Bolt/VIDEO-Berrios-Returns-Punt-41-Yards-For-TD-47182988

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I see no reason why Braxton can't be the next in line of Patriots' slot receivers. He has all the talent needed to succeed:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hidden Patriots: New England ‘Redshirted’ Next Slot Option As Rookie

by Doug Kyed

Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but a New England Patriots rookie missed the 2018 season due to injury.

Wide receiver Braxton Berrios was placed on injured reserve during final roster cuts and didn’t play a single snap as a rookie. Six of the Patriots’ nine 2018 draft picks didn’t suit up as rookies.

Berrios got out to a slow start with the Patriots when he was limited in organized team activities and minicamp in the spring. His injuries lingered into the summer, and he played in just one preseason game, catching one pass for 3 yards. Though it didn’t seem Berrios suffered a season-ending injury during the summer, the Patriots still chose to essentially redshirt him as a rookie by placing him on injured reserve.

Berrios originally came to the Patriots as a sixth-round pick out of Miami. At 5-foot-9, 190 pounds, Berrios looks like a prototypical Patriots slot receiver in the mold of Wes Welker or Danny Amendola.

He has the athleticism for the role, as well. He ran a 4.44-second 40-yard dash with a 1.58-second 10-yard split, 6.72-second 3-cone drill, 4.18-second short shuttle, 36-inch vertical leap and 9-foot, 2-inch broad jump at his pro day last March. He wasn’t ultra-productive in college but caught 55 passes for 679 yards with nine touchdowns as a senior and 100 passes for 1,175 yards with 14 touchdowns in four seasons. He also returned 47 punts for 488 yards with a touchdown in his college career.

Berrios spent 97.3 percent of snaps in the slot during his college career, so he’s probably limited to playing inside in the pros, as well.

Despite his promise, Berrios isn’t guaranteed a spot on the Patriots’ 2019 roster. The Patriots currently have just five wide receivers on their roster in Berrios, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, Darren Andrews and Damoun Patterson. Cordarrelle Patterson, Chris Hogan, Josh Gordon and Phillip Dorsett are free agents.

The Patriots are certain to add plenty of competition to their wide receiving corps this offseason after they were shallow at the position to start the 2018 season. There are multiple attractive slot options, like Adam Humphries, Cole Beasley, Golden Tate and Jamison Crowder, available in free agency.

For Berrios to make the Patriots in his second season, he has to enter the spring in full health. He had a year to study the Patriots’ playbook, so despite missing his rookie season, he’s still a step ahead going into Year 2.

With expectations now tempered, Berrios has a chance to catch some folks by surprise in 2019. The Patriots need a slot receiver of the future, and Berrios could still be that player. He’ll have to fight for the role, however.

https://nesn.com/2019/02/hidden-patriots-new-england-redshirted-next-slot-option-as-rookie/

PHillisFan

Master
We tend to blame Belichick, and maybe we're right, but I can't help wondering if (((Kraft))) had something to do with kicking Berrios off the team. After the Packers won the Super Bowl in 2010 with the league's whitest team, they went full SJW and blackened up big time because they were worried about seeming "raciss." (((Kraft))) could easily be thinking the same way after the Patriots won the SB with a relatively white-friendly team, and it'd be very easy for him, being a member of the tribe. Remember, Berrios was far from the only paleface who got purged from the roster.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic! I hope he does show Billy Boy he made a mistake.

I was hoping that would be the case with Jacob Hollister but it was asking too much to expect Plantation Pete to use his talent properly, but it would be nice for sure to see Berrios do well with the Jets, another hard-core Caste organization.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
In the Patriots defense, Berrios was constantly injured and didn’t show much in the few preseason games in which he was healthy. I watched him closely last preseason (2018) and aside from handful of half-decent punt returns, he didn’t really impress.

They ended up keeping Gunner Olszewski (a former Division II cornerback who switched positions and only joined the team in late May) instead of Berrios, who played at Miami in the ACC. Perhaps he just wasn’t a good fit with NE and I’d love to see this Aryan-looking Cuban have success with the Jets.

Jamison Crowder, the black slot receiver ahead of Berrios, missed 8 games in the past 2 seasons.

Truthteller

Mentor
Excellent posts by Freethinker (post #4) and LaFrance Blanche (post #10). Congrats, I hope lurkers and others read them very carefully!

One quick note regarding Braxton Berrios: Looking at him I, also, automatically assumed he was another Cuban-American, of European decent. Turns out, like white athletes J.J. Barea* and Enrique Hernandez of the Dodgers, he's of Puerto Rican decent -- son of Puerto Rico native Rico Berrios. Obviously most American's know there are tons of white Cubans; but many are very surprised to see clearly lilly white Puerto Rican's.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/04/30/what-to-know-braxton-berrios-patriots

Also, being part Puerto Rican really helped make Victor Cruz a bigger star in the NFL, as the New York media and the NFL constantly played up that angle of him being a Latin star**. If I was Braxton, I'd play up the Puerto Rican angle big time in New York City....If Berrios does it enough, he might even convince most lower IQ blacks and DWF's that he's "not white", therefore making it "Kosher" to root for him. The mostly Jewish New York sports media could face quite a conundrum with Braxton if he plays well: Clearly it's okay to root for a "Latin receiver", but what you do you do when he clearly "looks white"?

*Just in case anyone is wondering, J.J Barea plays for the Dallas Mavericks, who are owned by the very famous Mark Feldman-Chobanisky. Considering the topic of "Cubans" came up in this thread, it's quite ironic that Mark Feldman-Chobanisky answers to the stage name Mark Cuban.

**https://www.nj.com/giants/2015/06/giants_victor_cruz.html

Last edited:
Excellent posts by Freethinker (post #4) and LaFrance Blanche (post #10). Congrats, I hope lurkers and others read them very carefully!

One quick note regarding Braxton Berrios: Looking at him I, also, automatically assumed he was another Cuban-American, of European decent. Turns out, like white athletes J.J. Barea* and Enrique Hernandez of the Dodgers, he's of Puerto Rican decent -- son of Puerto Rico native Rico Berrios. Obviously most American's know there are tons of white Cubans; but many are very surprised to see clearly lilly white Puerto Rican's.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/04/30/what-to-know-braxton-berrios-patriots

Also, being part Puerto Rican really helped make Victor Cruz a bigger star in the NFL, as the New York media and the NFL constantly played up that angle of him being a Latin star**. If I was Braxton, I'd play up the Puerto Rican angle big time in New York City....If Berrios does it enough, he might even convince most lower IQ blacks and DWF's that he's "not white", therefore making it "Kosher" to root for him. The mostly Jewish New York sports media could face quite a conundrum with Braxton if he plays well: Clearly it's okay to root for a "Latin receiver", but what you do you do when he clearly "looks white"?

*Just in case anyone is wondering, J.J Barea plays for the Dallas Mavericks, who are owned by the very famous Mark Feldman-Chobanisky. Considering the topic of "Cubans" came up in this thread, it's quite ironic that Mark Feldman-Chobanisky answers to the stage name Mark Cuban.

**https://www.nj.com/giants/2015/06/giants_victor_cruz.html

That’s funny! As a White Cuban-American myself that lives in an area which is demographically dominated by White Cubans and then followed up by other white hispanics, every time I see a White athlete playing baseball or football with a spanish surname, I quickly try to validate whether the athlete is Cuban of European origin.

But let’s not forget that Puerto Rico still has certain areas in the island that contains a high % of a white population that has not mixed:

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not into the gossip stuff, but the sister of Christian McCaffrey's girlfriend is now Berrios' girlfriend. This Outkick article refers to Berrios as a "rising slot star" and "up and coming" so maybe it's a good move for him as far as raising his NFL profile. The Culpo sisters are definitely easy on the eye: https://www.outkick.com/sophia-culpo-lands-jets-slot-receiver-braxton-berrios/

Bucky

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
lol, hopefully he won't forget to take advantage of his unexpected playing time last season and is working to expand it into a full-time role.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol definitely. Looking forward to him building upon that now that he's seized the Slot! Time to develop into Darnolds safety valve on 3rd down!

TomIron361

Mentor
If the Jets play their cards right, they can get D. Watson on the cheap, probably for both their #1's this year and a #3 next year. Of course, they would take his entire contract on as well. We are talking about the Jets after all.

I’m a lifelong jets fan, though I will admit my love for them has waned the past couple of years as they field only a couple of whites at mostly caste positions. I’ve been following berrios closely this off-season and while most of the DWFs want him cut, or think he sucks, he’s actually been producing during camp and has built a rapport with Zach Wilson. He has a great chance to stick as the 5/6th WR , and starting PR. Definitely rooting for Braxton!

Phall

Master
I’m a lifelong jets fan, though I will admit my love for them has waned the past couple of years as they field only a couple of whites at mostly caste positions. I’ve been following berrios closely this off-season and while most of the DWFs want him cut, or think he sucks, he’s actually been producing during camp and has built a rapport with Zach Wilson. He has a great chance to stick as the 5/6th WR , and starting PR. Definitely rooting for Braxton!

Glad to hear that. A friend of a friend knows Berrios well and confirms he is a standup guy. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the weekly box score, let alone roster.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Phall! That’s really cool to hear about your friend of a friend! In regards to berrios showing up on the weekly box score, the latest rumors in jet land have them trading one of the slot receivers ahead of Braxton (cole,crowder) for a pass rusher. If that occurs Braxton certainly will be in line for a few targets a game.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Berrios now leads the league in kickoff return average with 28.9. He's second in punt return average with 13.6. He also rarely muffs a kickoff or punt returns.

A valuable player to have on your team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Berrios now leads the league in kickoff return average with 28.9. He's second in punt return average with 13.6. He also rarely muffs a kickoff or punt returns.

A valuable player to have on your team.

Berrios is the most electryfying return man in the NFL. It's really not that close. It's just too bad he doesn't have the swivel hips & the room brightening smile. Joking. So
happy he is a star even if only returning the ball for now. We all know what he can do if give the reps at wide receiver. What a dynamic athlete & football player!