Billy Volek

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One thing is for sure.Drew Bennett became a number one receiver because of the numbers he put up under Volek.He almost led the nfl in receiving that year.They really had a special combonation.I hope they can relive a little bit of that this season.Bennett deserves to be the number one guy.He is that good with out a doubt!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's now almost a one hundred percent certainty that Volek will be traded or cut before the regular season. Amazing. So at best he'll be another team's backup -- or maybe suffer what looked to be Kerry Collins' fate of going from starter to out of the NFL altogether.

One would think that Collins and Drew Bennett should be a good combination since Collins' main strength is a strong and accurate arm, but this being the NFL who knows how Bennett will be used. Tennessee had a dink and dunk offense last year, maybe Drew will be used strictly asa "possession" receiver. . .

From article: Volek and agent Drew Rosenhaus have declined to answer questions about whether they have requested that general manager Floyd Reese trade the six-year veteran. People close to Volek, however, said this week that he has acknowledged that he will not be on the roster for the start of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2567498

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
It's now almost a one hundred percent certainty that Volek will be traded or cut before the regular season.P]

A couple of weeks ago Bobby Hebert called Volek the Rodney Dangerfield of quarterbacks. Little did he know how right he was.

Bart

Hall of Famer
After Volek put up big numbers, he had to take a back seat to McNair, who returned from injury anddidn't perform very well. Now, Vince Young has been annointed to be the next black starQB on the team, leaving Volek in a vulnerable position. The Titans needed an experienced veteran whocan play and has seen it allto tutor Young. Having been cast aside like a dirty ragCollins realizes what his role is to be and will not make waves. Surely Volek is upset about the entire situation and would not be too thrilled about helping Young improve his game. The staff knows the score andwants to cut him loose.Collins is supposed to be the aging war horse at the ripe old age of 33. What does the future hold for Volek who is already 30?

GWTJ

Mentor
I don't think Titans management/ownership wanted to take the chance that Volek would do well. Volek seemed to have a lot of support from the fans and if he had a big year the Titans would have a hard time getting Young onto the field. So they dumped Volek before he could win over the fans anymore and brought in the lame duck Collins as a fill in. It wouldn't surprise me to see Collins do well but he won't have the fan support Volek would have had. All Titans ownership cares about is how fast they can get Young on the field. I think the coaches are unimpressed with Young but are being forced to go with the flow here.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think GWTJ hit the nail on the head. Too much invested in Young, they couldn't risk Volek going off on a stellar season and relegating Young to the bench. Collins can be caste aside like a dirty rag as Bart says.

JD074

Master
Warnipple said:
White Shogun,

I don't entirely disagree with your reaction to defend a fellow white in a conflict with a non-white.  However, one thing that should be kept in mind is that whites, unlike the other races, tend to look at the objective/universalist justice in a situation.  This is NOT a weakness:  such universalism has permitted whites to extend the division of labor and its attendant productivity beyond the family/tribal level and has given us the material resources that can still win the day for us. 

I disagree. Universalism is a weakness- our greatest weakness. Who cares about division of labor, productivity, and material resources if our societies are simply going to be invaded (demographically) and taken over? All that commercial, technological, and scientific progress will mean nothing when we become minorities in our lands.What good is it if it doesn't benefit us?

White people are sick, Universalism is the disease, and we desperately need a cure. </font>

Warnipple said:
If we act like non-whites and unthinkingly defend other co-ethnicists, we're just as bad as them. 

No, we'll be just as GOOD as them. If other races are more racially loyal than we are, then they're better than us, not worse. Let's face the cold, hard, awful truth: We're sick. We're weak. We're damaged. We need HELP.

Warnipple said:
Fact is, for what it's worth Volek has shown nothing in the preseason, and you don't pay a guy like Young many millions to ride the pine, just like the Giants didn't pay Eli Manning to sit on the bench, however unwise it was to start him. 

Carson Palmer sat for a year.

Bart

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
I disagree. Universalism is a weakness- our greatest weakness. Who cares about division of labor, productivity, and material resources if our societies are simply going to be invaded (demographically) and taken over? All that commercial, technological, and scientific progress will mean nothing when we become minorities in our lands.What good is it if it doesn't benefit us?

Well said!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yes JD always brings it back into perspective. White idealism, the desire for a better world even if you're not in it.

Warnipple's arguement was once very persuasive to me, until I saw the eventual results.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Warnipple's arguement was once very persuasive to me, until I saw the eventual results.

I hope you mean his arguments about universalism and not Billy Volek.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

Rise

Guru
Looks like Billy only got to play for 1 series today, but his only pass went for a 54 yard touchdown.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping that Volek will make like Jake Delhomme, who languished behind Aaron Brooks, of all people, before finally being traded to the Panthers. And taking them to the Super Bowl.

Hopefully, Volek will be traded to a team that will use him, let him start, and take a run at the playoffs.

The sad thing is, I think the Titans could be close to making the playoffs if they'd start Volek. They're running him out of town because they don't want a future quarterback contoversy when they decide its time to start Vince Young.

Triad

Mentor
From ESPN.com: "Volek did everything he could to make his case on Friday, finding Brandon Jones on a crossing route for a 54-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter to give the Titans a 21-7 lead.

"I wanted to give Billy an opportunity to once again go with the no-huddle, and he was perfect," Fisher said.

But it wasn't much of an opportunity, as Young returned on the following series and Volek didn't see the field again."

This situation has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen. Volek has languished patiently on the bench for 6 years being a perfect teammate and this is how the Titans treat him. He has said all the right things and performed unbelievably well in limited action over that time. A truly pathetic organization.

Kaptain

Master
I liken the treatment of Volek to the treatment Rich Gannon recieved from Dennis Green, who was in a desperate search fo the great black hope QB. After years of being on the bench, in 1992 Gannon (who ran a 4.5 40 at the time), got his chance to be the starter for the Vikings. Gannon won games and looked spectacular. He was being compared by many to Fran Tarkenton. But, towards the end of the season as Minnesota was ready to make the playoffs, Gannon had a couple of bad games in a row. On the final regular season game Gannon was benched in favor of obvious career back-up Sean Salibury. Salibury won the meaningless game, started in the playoffs and lost miserably.

For the next several years Denny Green and Vikings tried desperately to find that great black hope QB. They went through Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, and finally crowned Duante Culpepper as the world's greatest new breed quarterback. Despite talents like Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and Robert Smith, they never won a playoff game.

Gannon spent the next six years languishing on the bench for the Washington Redskins and KC Chiefs. After more than a decade of languishing, Gannon finally got his chance to be the starting QB for the Oakland Raiders. In the few playing years he had left, he won NFL mvp twice and is still the all-time single season yardage leader. After a neck injury, the Raiders decided they didn't want him anymore and he retired. In the last full season he played, he lead his team to the superbowl and set the NFL single season record.

Volek deserves to start, but this is the NFL of Denny Green and great thinkers of his likeness. They'll look desparately for that "new breed" QB and beg great white QBs like Brett Farve to retire all the while praising any team that recycles used black goods like Steve McNair, Duante Culpepper, and Arron Brooks. I guess in the NFL winning really isn't everything.

Jofreidr_1488

It is astounding the 180 degree turn the Titans have made. They were once hearalded as a good team from the anti-caste football perspective for giving Drew Bennett the opportunity to start whilst also apparently grooming
Billy Volek to eventually start.

How things have changed in just a years time.

Now? They are rightly despised for having not traded Volek immediately after they drafted Young. Given all the abundant evidence available in the archives of this site one should rightly suspect that the Caste System conspired to keep Volek on the roster until right before the season started to make sure he wouldn't get an opportunity to start for another
team this season. (exp.: Why couldn't Volek have been traded to the Chargers to challenge the still inexperienced River Phillips for a starting spot?)

Spooge

Guru
My wife explained one of the most probable reasons Collins will start for the Titans enstead of Volek: Collins will play average ball, not comming close to Volek's ability and eventually, the fans/press will scream for SUPER VICK (Vince)Young to replace him. No one with a brain would call for Young while Volek is starting. We need Vince McMahon to start another pro football league, maybe call it the WFL (Whitey Football League.)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
surfsider said:
Has anyone seen anything that would corroborate the assertion in this article that Volek doesn't want to put in the work?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/09/0 6/volek/index.html

Link has gone 404.

The Titans have to make up something about Volek. Otherwise their decision makes them seem like complete idiots.

The wife is spot on; that has been suggested here before as well. There won't be enough quarterback controversy with Volek running the team. I think the Titan's GM is actually worried about his money and his star rotting on the bench while the unheralded Billy Volek takes the team on a run. Not so long ago, people were talking about the Titans possibly making it into the playoffs. Now? They'll be lucky to win 4-6 games, at most.

The Titans are evidence enough that the NFL is not interested in putting the best athletes on the field.

G

Young Billy Volek, valiant young Nordic he is, has been stabbed in the back, tragically and treacherously, by seniliac Bud Adams and his long knife. They bring in an alcoholic has-been in the form of Kerry Collins, a disgrace to aryan temperance, with the full knowledge that the era of the african is only weeks away, with this Vince Young submarine spearchucker about to take hold and have the african make another team impure with their jittery running about advancing behavior in the pocket. Had Volek been given the reigns, the Titans would have embarked upon a glorious Thousand Year Reign over the NFL; now, all the Titans can hope for are some Amos and Andy soup commercials and a spectator seat for all playoff and super bowls.
zig____________(fill it the blanks, my loyalist supporters)
zig____________
zig____________

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Shick, I guess you're just about done here.

Sad isn't it? Guy is trying to make fun of us by posing as a nazi, no takers, wonder why? Perhaps it is because we are just average white sports fans that are tired of our own people being abused by a system that treats them like sh*t.

Go back to whatever whigger sports board you and Rizzo came from and continue to insult white athletes while the brutha's cheer you on. You are pathetic.

And when you insult the intelligence of the people that post here remind yourself that it's "sieg" not "zig".

What an idiot, posing as a nazi and he can't even get the simple German pronoun right!
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anotherone bites the dust. The trolls do love to hate this site.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
And when you insult the intelligence of the people that post here remind yourself that it's "sieg" not "zig".

Is that what that was about? I couldn't figure out what the hell he was trying to say at all.

Good call on giving him the boot.

Edited by: White Shogun

Lance Alworth

Mentor
This is so pathetic its not even funny. Volek is now being demoted to second string in favor of Kerry Collins. The guy wont even have a chance to play. I like Vince Young, but no way in hell should they use Kerry Collins to phase out Volek, while making it all the easier for Young to take over the reigns of the starting job next season. This is the first year I have not been super syched for the NFL season. Way too much anti-white racism at work here. The only sport i really follow religiously now is Hockey. This is so pitiful. The Titans are an absolutely pathetic organization and i hope they go 0-16 this year