Baltimore Ravens General Thread

sprintstar

Mentor
Interestingly enough I had never heard of the term SADS until Covid19 scamdemic/vaccine/boosters was introduced into the worlds general public.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Listen goys, 26 year old professional athletes dropping dead for no apparent reason is totally normal. Don’t ask any questions unless you want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist. Just go back to watching our television programs with some nice interracial characters and have some gmo food, washed down by an extra large soda. And don’t you dare infer that drugs could have killed this saintly shvartza. A little drug use now in then is fine. What are you some sort of fascist who’d want to ban all drugs?!

And don’t any of you get any funny ideas about the 25 year old Olympic level swimmer who keeps fainting in the pool….

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...ta-alvarez-saved-drowning-coach-fainting-pool

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Listen goys, 26 year old professional athletes dropping dead for no apparent reason is totally normal. Don’t ask any questions unless you want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist. Just go back to watching our television programs with some nice interracial characters and have some gmo food, washed down by an extra large soda. And don’t you dare infer that drugs could have killed this saintly shvartza. A little drug use now in then is fine. What are you some sort of fascist who’d want to ban all drugs?!

And don’t any of you get any funny ideas about the 25 year old Olympic level swimmer who keeps fainting in the pool….

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...ta-alvarez-saved-drowning-coach-fainting-pool

It's incredibly healthy "food" and fun for the whole family, especially while observing Amerika's secular religion. (I never pass up a chance to post a David Dees illustration):

EZnIdivWoAAwLJt.jpg

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It's incredibly healthy "food" and fun for the whole family, especially while observing Amerika's secular religion. (I never pass up a chance to post a David Dees illustration):

EZnIdivWoAAwLJt.jpg
Those Dees illustrations are always great and sadly way to accurate depictions of modern Amerika.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A "deep threat" who barely averaged 8 yards per reception, what a joke. Speaks volumes about Lamar Jackson's passing ability and the state of today's NFL:

Ravens WR Devin Duvernay said he hopes to earn a starting role in training camp.
The Ravens didn't draft a wideout after losing Sammy Watkins to the Packers and trading Marquise Brown, leaving Duvernay, James Proche and Tylan Wallace to compete for roles behind Rashod Bateman. Duvernay made the Pro Bowl as a returner in 2021 and had seven starts on offense, posting a career high 33/272/2 as the Ravens' deep threat. Duvernay would be the favorite to start opposite Bateman if the Ravens don't sign a veteran before camp.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My guess is the tweaks in the mechanics don't last very long and he will end up injured again due to his style of play.

Lamar Jackson worked this offseason to "tighten up" his throwing motion and went from 205 pounds to 220 pounds.

Jackson showed up to Ravens minicamp thicker than he has been since becoming the team's starting quarterback in 2018. "This is a game built for big, strong, fast men, right?" Ravens QB coach James Urban said. "So, I think he's checking three of those boxes right now." Jackson, coming off an injury-marred 2021 campaign in which he missed the season's final month with an ankle injury, said he feels better than he did entering his MVP 2019 campaign. "I'm very eager," Jackson added. L-Jax has worked this offseason with throwing guru Adam Dedeaux, tightening up his throwing mechanics. In 2021, Jackson was 17th in completion rate over expected a year after finishing 19th in CPOE. All indications points to Jackson readying for a revenge tour against those who doubt he can be an elite NFL quarterback.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
“All indications points to Jackson readying for a revenge tour against those who doubt he can be an elite NFL quarterback.”

What kind of cuckhold writes this stuff?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bailey Gaither signs with the Ravens. They have one of the worst WR corps in the league and one of the worst throwing QBs in the league. Let's hope Gaither is able to somehow have a strong preseason.

Red Raider

Mentor
Bailey Gaither signs with the Ravens. They have one of the worst WR corps in the league and one of the worst throwing QBs in the league. Let's hope Gaither is able to somehow have a strong preseason.
Glad to see Gaither get another NFL chance. I thought he blew his opportunity by “retiring” while making waves in training camp last year. Luckily the USFL came around and saved his career. Hopefully his head is in the right place this time around and he can make the team. Ravens by far have the worst WR crew in the league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Great News! Good luck to Bailey Gaither. He deserves a legitimate chance to make the team!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Man, that Hamilton guy is slow. They might have to move him to LB at some point.

I wonder how many times he will get beat during the season. I labeled him as a cherry picker going back to last year. The media all hyped him up greatly however when I watched Notre Dame play and he made a play it was either coming downhill from his "center field" position or running horizontal to pick off a pass. He never seemed to have any sort of superior ability in man coverage. Again this guy was hyped during the whole 2021 season as the best player in the draft by the media and it would be brought up more than once during every Notre Dame football game broadcast.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I wonder how many times he will get beat during the season. I labeled him as a cherry picker going back to last year. The media all hyped him up greatly however when I watched Notre Dame play and he made a play it was either coming downhill from his "center field" position or running horizontal to pick off a pass. He never seemed to have any sort of superior ability in man coverage. Again this guy was hyped during the whole 2021 season as the best player in the draft by the media and it would be brought up more than once during every Notre Dame football game broadcast.

Accurate breakdown based on what I saw as well. I think he'll be playing more and more LB as season progresses. If he's getting burned by random honkeys(no offense to Gaither, talking about average DWFs view) there's no way he's playing Safety.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Accurate breakdown based on what I saw as well. I think he'll be playing more and more LB as season progresses. If he's getting burned by random honkeys(no offense to Gaither, talking about average DWFs view) there's no way he's playing Safety.

How about Gaither? Got an easy 5-6 yards of separation on him.

"This past season, Baltimore produced the NFL's No. 2 rush offense (160.0 ypg) and the league's third-best yards-per-carry average (5.17). The Ravens racked up an NFL-high 12 games with at least 150 rushing yards.

In 12 starts, quarterback Lamar Jackson threw for 2,242 yards, 17 touchdowns and 7 interceptions, adding a team-high 764 rushing yards.

Including Jackson, Baltimore had four players rush for 400 or more yards — running backs J.K. Dobbins (520), Kenyan Drake (482) and RB Gus Edwards (433).

Pro Bowler Mark Andrews tallied the NFL's third-most receiving yards (847) among tight ends while scoring 5 touchdowns."

sprintstar

Mentor
Jacksons game average works out to a measly 187 p game..........his TD ratio to interceptions is decent.....he should be a wideout....

Wildcat

As a saints fan I would love nothing more than to get the opportunity to have Greg Roman build an offense around Taysom.
I’m unsure if the Roman firing indicates the Ravens are moving on from Lamar or if maybe they are courting him indirectly by having him potentially choose his OC if he remains with the Ravens.

icsept

Master
Lamar Jackson gets the non-exclusive franchise tag. Only one playoff victory in 5 seasons. But he wants to be paid like a Super Bowl champion.