Atlanta Falcons General Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
why does black cities like Detroit and Atlanta have whiter rosters than teams from like say New York?
There's no correlation. All NFL teams have black-dominated rosters, we cheer for the ones that aren't quite as bad as the worst, calling them "relatively White friendly" with a strong emphasis on the word "relatively." Certainly the Falcons' current roster is nothing to cheer about.

Those executives making personnel decisions (GMs, head coaches and their coaching staffs, scouts) determine whether a team is "relatively White friendly," it has nothing to do with any particular city, and anyway most large American cities are black dominated or at least non-White dominated these days.

Logos5

Guru
There's no correlation. All NFL teams have black-dominated rosters, we cheer for the ones that aren't quite as bad as the worst, calling them "relatively White friendly" with a strong emphasis on the word "relatively." Certainly the Falcons' current roster is nothing to cheer about.
I know the Falcon roster isn't something to cheer about, but considering the demographics of that city, it's to be expected and still they have more whites on their team than cities that do have a significantly bigger population of whites.
Those executives making personnel decisions (GMs, head coaches and their coaching staffs, scouts) determine whether a team is "relatively White friendly," it has nothing to do with any particular city, and anyway most large American cities are black dominated or at least non-White dominated these days.
how are blacks 13 percent of the population, yet they somehow have infested a majority of American cities?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I know the Falcon roster isn't something to cheer about, but considering the demographics of that city, it's to be expected and still they have more whites on their team than cities that do have a significantly bigger population of whites.

how are blacks 13 percent of the population, yet they somehow have infested a majority of American cities?
I already answered your first comment, it has nothing to do with the black population percentage of cities.

Your second comment is going way off the topic of this thread.

jphoss

Mentor
https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/dichotomy-of-jd-bertrand-finding-falcons-notre-dame

Good article on JD Bertrand. He was one of the best LBs in the country last year but of course overlooked. Anytime I watched the Irish play he was always making plays. Falcons have a solid stable of White LB talent on the roster.
Bertrand was so superior to marist liaufau at nd when it came to being a good lb. Yet one gets drafted in the 3 round despite only making 22 solo tackles! 22 solo tackles as a linebacker in 12 games (including one against a triple option team navy) should happen by accident. He’ll be a future bust while I can see bertrand having quite the nice career in atlanta