a crisis in the offing for black QBs ?

G

Leonardfan, I don't disagree, but NFL managers and coaches do disagree, and will continue to draft black quarterbacks at a high rate. I am simply pointing out what I see, and what I predict to continue to happen. Not what should happen, what will happen.

Also, there is no trend to reverse what I assume will be the eventual elimination of white defenders.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Blacks can skate by through college purely on athleticism. Once they get to the NFL it takes more than being a great athlete to be succesful, especially at the quarterback position. That is jsut my opinnion tho.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I don't know guys, won't it be amazingly funny to watch the world's fattest QB Jamarcus Russel show just how "amazing" he really is? Haha, did this fata**s really get taken #1?

Haha, at least he and Lendale White will always have a future doing Bra commercials for victoria's secret.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
nevada said:
Also, there is no trend to reverse what I assume will be the eventual elimination of white defenders.

There is a small trend ongoing. There's more star white defensive players now than there's been in quite a while. About half of the top ten d-linemen are white. That's ahuge change just in the past few years. And there's also an increase in star white linebackers, mostly middle linebackers. There's also a few promising young white safeties and three or more should be drafted in April. Thereis a continuing stream of undeniably very talented linebackers and receivers that continue to come out of the college ranks each year now, and at other "taboo" positions, too. The white man will not be held back forever in a sport he loves and plays at the highest level.

Think back to the early '90s. Some may be too young to remember, but here goes -- for about a five year period, Ricky Proehl was the only white starting receiver in the league, and he was no star, never having a thousand yard season. The white cornerback and white running back were already extinct. All black or mostly all black defenses were already the norm. The dominant team was the Dallas Cowboys with their all black defense and 3 to 4 white starters on offense. There were virtually no standout white players on defense.

About the only thing that's changed in the past nearly 20 years is that there are many more black starters on the offensive line (which was overwhelmingly white for many years after the integration of the NFL began), and many more black quarterbacks, and the black quarterback experiment has declined noticeably the past few years. Other than that the NFL of 2007 is much like the NFL of 1991. The Colts and Patriots of '07 are the Bills of '91. But in the intervening 16 years there's been a continuing decline in fundamentals, teamwork and overall play, not to mention rampant criminality off the field.

Will the relatively white Colts and Patriots era fade as did the half-white Bills of the early '90s? That's the question. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will continue to see very slow but very real incremental progress against the Caste System. There was zero awareness of the Caste System then; now it's being challenged and will continue to be challenged. The genie's out of the bottle now and won't be put back in. The combination of blackself-destruction and unstoppable white talent -- and more widespread awareness ofthe Caste Systemby whites -- will eventually win out. Edited by: Don Wassall

Poacher

Mentor
I think that young white athletes today are not as intimidated by the "black supermen" as they were say 15 or 20 years ago when the takeover began in earnest.

I see our guys playing tougher on every level. Perhaps, and this is just a theory, after having been exposed to the black athlete and all that that entails (his buffonery, pathology, violence, unpredictability, etc...) we are finally becoming immune to the nonsense and media hype. They bleed, get tired and feel pain like everyone else.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I'm cautiously optimistic that we will continue to see very slow but very real incremental progress against the Caste System. There was zero awareness of the Caste System then; now it's being challenged and will continue to be challenged.  The genie's out of the bottle now and won't be put back in. The combination of black self-destruction and unstoppable white talent -- and more widespread awareness of the Caste System by whites -- will eventually win out. 

I couldn't agree more, Don.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don, I too believe we all have a right to be proud and optimistic about what's happening in every level of football. For every "successful" black NCAA QB, there is always a terrible catch (95% of the time it's that they can't throw worth sh*t). I think people are starting to get sick of all the criminal bullsh*t involved with so many NFL players. Showboating after every mediocre play is at an all-time high, while all-black positions have players who shouldn't even be playing in the Arena League 2.

Think about it, every single team accept maybe 3-4 have players who've either been to jail, been arrested, or had some moronic run-in with the law (even though they're all millionares). Not to mention, all-black franchises are getting trounched on a weekly basis (just like my high school days) while the whitest teams are kicking a**.

My thinking is that it only takes a few standout whites at caste positions to help diminish, not eliminate totally though, the negative stereotypes that persist.

I can't tell you how many times when I try to argue that blacks aren't inherently faster and mention Jeremy Wariner that the response is "that's just one guy."

If the NFL had three white starting running backs at one time, that would be exponentially better than just one. I can't really explain it, it's just a mindset thing that people have. One is an anomaly, two's a coincidence, but three must be some sort of trend. The RB position is so important, because a decent RB on a good team will get showered with credit and praise.

If LSU and Kansas play in the BCS championship that will put a spotlight on a couple outstanding white RBs. But, barring a game winning TD by either of the two, the "great running game" will not be the reason behind the victory.

I'm hoping that upcoming RBs will do well in the NFL, but that someday hopefully an LT or Adrian Peterson type will emerge. Like people have mentioned before, the copycat effect will emerge and more and more whites will be playing the caste positions. But does anyone else think that if the NFL was 50% white, that many would dismiss the league and say it wasn't what it used to be?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
My thinking is that it only takes a few standout whites at caste positions to help diminish, not eliminate totally though, the negative stereotypes that persist.

I can't tell you how many times when I try to argue that blacks aren't inherently faster and mention Jeremy Wariner that the response is "that's just one guy."

If the NFL had three white starting running backs at one time, that would be exponentially better than just one. I can't really explain it, it's just a mindset thing that people have. One is an anomaly, two's a coincidence, but three must be some sort of trend. The RB position is so important, because a decent RB on a good team will get showered with credit and praise.

If LSU and Kansas play in the BCS championship that will put a spotlight on a couple outstanding white RBs. But, barring a game winning TD by either of the two, the "great running game" will not be the reason behind the victory.

I'm hoping that upcoming RBs will do well in the NFL, but that someday hopefully an LT or Adrian Peterson type will emerge. Like people have mentioned before, the copycat effect will emerge and more and more whites will be playing the caste positions. But does anyone else think that if the NFL was 50% white, that many would dismiss the league and say it wasn't what it used to be?
No I don't think so because of the rampant PED usage in the league. There is no doubt in my mind that any top modern team would blow out any 70's and 80's championship team. At the point of attack the players are so much stronger than before(notice I didn't say quicker as the average O-lineman and Tackle have slightly slowed down). So if you have a cadre of white backs who get significant touches they will have to get credit. Notice how I don't think that the players are better football players.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I disagree. I think the older teams would win. They played as a team with good fundamentals. It depends on the rules you would use but my money would be on the Packers of the 1960's vs any team today.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The older teams could lose by field goal kicking alone. These days the kickers are automatic on kicks within 40 yards the straight ahead kickers were life and death with anything beyond 30 yards. Also the Dallas line of the early 90's had true freaks with Tuinea, Gogan, Williams and later on Allen. Only Stepnoski was normal sized he was still 288. Jimmy Johnson must have had Tom Platz as their strength coach....
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

Angelcynn

Guru
It could get even better for white QB's if Brady Quinn turns out to be better than Jemarcus Russell. That would be a huge slap in the face for the NFL and the Raiders.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
TheEnglishman said:
It could get even better for white QB's if Brady Quinn turns out to be better than Jemarcus Russell. That would be a huge slap in the face for the NFL and the Raiders.

That's a good point. Derek Anderson (6th round draft pick of Baltimore who was quickly cut by the Ravensand was considered by everyone coming into this season as nothing more than a potential journeyman) is already better than Russell will ever be. Quinn appears to have everything it takes to excel also.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see Brady Quinn get traded to a team like the Bears, Vikings, Falcons, or Panthers. I hate watching two quality, young white QB's fight for one starting spot when there are so many terrible starting QB's in the league whos spot they could take.

I'm sure no such trade will ever happen.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Browns are in the same situation the Chargers were when they drafted Phillip Rivers only to see Drew Brees blossom into a superstar. Bet they wish now they had re-signed Brees and traded Rivers.

Don Wassall said:
The Browns are in the same situation the Chargers were when they drafted Phillip Rivers only to see Drew Brees blossom into a superstar. Bet they wish now they had re-signed Brees and traded Rivers.

I think its just Rivers' second year slump, in addition to no WRs. A lot of QBs go through it; but they're not saddled with Norv Turner as a head coach either. Norv is a good O-coordinator, but an awful head coach. Alex Smith did well under Norv's tutelage last season.

As for Quinn v Anderson, do the Browns have the cap space to keep them both? If so, they should. One very good to excellent QB is nice, but two on the roster? and both young with a ton of potential? I'd keep them both until one demanded a trade. If I was trading though, I'd trade Quinn. Anderson is a good fit for the Browns' O-line, and doesn't take many sacks or hits because he gets the ball out so fast. He's turning himself into a proven commodity. Plus, Savage(the GM?) and Crennel might not want to switch horses, so to speak(plus, they have their jobs to think about). Anderson is doing well for them now: trade Quinn for another team's first rounder in the draft.

cslewis1

Guru
I am not as optimistic as many of you all. But I am cautiously hopeful nonetheless. The treatment of Tebow and Hester by the media has been pretty good. Tebow is getting his butt kissed by everyone. There's a holdout here and there for this Dixon kid out of Oregon, but I have yet to hear hardly a bad word on Tebow. That's a start.

And while Hester doesn't get quite the accolades, the LSU games I've watched he seems to be treated with respect. It just takes one to break the mold, ala Urlacher and that justifies the rest of these sheep coaches to pull their heads out of their asses and see the talent they've overlooked.

If Brady Quinn could get some quality playing time while Russell bombs, I think that'd be the nail on the coffin for the black takeover at QB. That'd be a great thing to behold.

bigunreal

Mentor
It's interesting to watch a growing number of the jock- sniffers on ESPN start to turn on Philip Rivers. Once again, we are treated to the classic double standard that is the heart of the Caste System; if any black QB had a season like Rivers did last year, and "led" his team to a 14-2 record, he would have bought himself at least 3-4 years of immunity from jock-sniffing criticism.

All I've heard is how bad Rivers looked agains the Colts; uh, didn't he "win" that game? Look at how many games Vick "won" with horrible stats, and how many Vince Young has "won" in his brief career with almost no offensive numbers at all. I maintain that if Young's team had defeated the mighty Colts, all you would have heard is how "he beat them." Much like Vick was given sole credit for beating the Packers in a playoff game at Lambeau Field, you can bet that any black QB would have been credited for "beating" the Colts. They would have especially emphasized Manning's 6 interceptions and strongly implied that the black QB "beat" Manning. Instead, we are treated to serious faces and ominous voces on television, asking "what's wrong with Philip Rivers?" I also read that the fans have started booing Rivers. Have we read any reports about drunk white fans booing Vince Young, during any of his miserable games this season? Or even the legendary Tavarious Jackson?

Well, if anything is wrong with Rivers, it's his ridiculous head coach, Norv Turner. This guy has to have something on someone very powerful. His career record as a head coach is the worst in modern times. No one else- not even most of the black coaches- gets much beyond a 2-3 year chance to turn a team around. Turner had SEVEN years with the Redskins. During that time, he managed to start one season at 0-7 and also lose all his games down the stretch in another season after starting 7-1. He wasn't fired for either impressive accomplishment. Turner's reputation as an offensive coordinator is also absurd. He became a big name when he was the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys during their initial Super Bowl years. The offense he coordinated for the Cowboys was as bland and unimaginative as any in NFL history. He has not turned any offenses around as an offensive coordinator since then, except for last season with the 49ers. What he has done to the Chargers surprises even me; I didn't think he was such an awful coach that he could cause a team with that kind of talent to implode. Guess I was wrong.

A quick note on how deep the double standard is; I heard Ron Jaworski say yesterday on ESPN that Tavarious Jackson can be a solid QB in the NFL. Jaworski is one of the least obnoxious jock-sniffers on ESPN, so that tells you again just how difficult it will be to overthrow the Caste System.

Bart

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
All I've heard is how bad Rivers looked agains the Colts; uh, didn't he "win" that game? Look at how many games Vick "won" with horrible stats, and how many Vince Young has "won" in his brief career with almost no offensive numbers at all. I maintain that if Young's team had defeated the mighty Colts, all you would have heard is how "he beat them." Much like Vick was given sole credit for beating the Packers in a playoff game at Lambeau Field, you can bet that any black QB would have been credited for "beating" the Colts.

Right on the money! This snip from the question and answers section of Cris Carter's column demonstrates exactly the truth of Bigunreal's post:

"With last Sunday's loss by the Tennessee Titans to the Jacksonville Jaguars, isn't it time to acknowledge how overrated Vince Young is ... Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but isn't he Tennessee's weakest link right now?"

Dre
Houston

When it comes to quarterbacks, the bottom line is winning. Yes, you can't help but look at his statistics (62.2 passer rating, 4 TDs, 10 INTs) and wonder what's going on. That said, you can't ignore the team's winning ways (13-6 under Young) since he became the starter last year. Even when he's not putting up flashy stats, he's making a good decision or picking up a crucial first down that factors into a victory. Ultimately though, the Titans will need better play from him - and a better supporting cast - if they want to go from simply being a playoff contender to being a serious title contender.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Philip Rivers still has time to develop. He should be given half a decade a decade at least like all the other "superstar" black quarterbacks. Michael Vick was hyped as the next big thing yet his fundamentals at the quarterback position are horrible. Jamarcus Russell supposedly has the "strongest arm in the NFL." He will just be the next black bust at quarterback.

Bear Backer

Mentor
bigunreal said:
It's interesting to watch a growing number of the jock- sniffers on ESPN start to turn on Philip Rivers. Once again, we are treated to the classic double standard that is the heart of the Caste System; if any black QB had a season like Rivers did last year, and "led" his team to a 14-2 record, he would have bought himself at least 3-4 years of immunity from jock-sniffing criticism.

All I've heard is how bad Rivers looked agains the Colts; uh, didn't he "win" that game? Look at how many games Vick "won" with horrible stats, and how many Vince Young has "won" in his brief career with almost no offensive numbers at all. I maintain that if Young's team had defeated the mighty Colts, all you would have heard is how "he beat them." Much like Vick was given sole credit for beating the Packers in a playoff game at Lambeau Field, you can bet that any black QB would have been credited for "beating" the Colts. They would have especially emphasized Manning's 6 interceptions and strongly implied that the black QB "beat" Manning. Instead, we are treated to serious faces and ominous voces on television, asking "what's wrong with Philip Rivers?" I also read that the fans have started booing Rivers. Have we read any reports about drunk white fans booing Vince Young, during any of his miserable games this season? Or even the legendary Tavarious Jackson?

Well, if anything is wrong with Rivers, it's his ridiculous head coach, Norv Turner. This guy has to have something on someone very powerful. His career record as a head coach is the worst in modern times. No one else- not even most of the black coaches- gets much beyond a 2-3 year chance to turn a team around. Turner had SEVEN years with the Redskins. During that time, he managed to start one season at 0-7 and also lose all his games down the stretch in another season after starting 7-1. He wasn't fired for either impressive accomplishment. Turner's reputation as an offensive coordinator is also absurd. He became a big name when he was the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys during their initial Super Bowl years. The offense he coordinated for the Cowboys was as bland and unimaginative as any in NFL history. He has not turned any offenses around as an offensive coordinator since then, except for last season with the 49ers. What he has done to the Chargers surprises even me; I didn't think he was such an awful coach that he could cause a team with that kind of talent to implode. Guess I was wrong.

A quick note on how deep the double standard is; I heard Ron Jaworski say yesterday on ESPN that Tavarious Jackson can be a solid QB in the NFL. Jaworski is one of the least obnoxious jock-sniffers on ESPN, so that tells you again just how difficult it will be to overthrow the Caste System.

I totally agree and for that reason also, I am not highly optimistic about the future of the QB postition in the NFL. I was listenting to Fox Sports Radio yesterday and Derrick Deese (who is black for what it is worth) was saying how Vince Young's numbers don't matter he just wins and that is the bottom line in the NFL. Derrick Deese of all people should know better. He played offensive line for Steve Young and won a Superbowl in San Francisco. He also saw some very poor quarterback play later in his career with San Francisco and Tampa Bay. If anyone should know the difference between winning with a good quarterback and winning despite a bad quarterback it is an offensive lineman, yet Deese apparently can't figure that out, or purposely ingnores that fact when talking about Vince Young. However he has never had a problem talking bad about a white quarterback, and even went so far as to say that Kyle Boller is not mentally able to win. Just imagine if a white person had said that about a black QB, they would lose their job.

I also look with a wary eye to all the praise that has been heaped upon black Quarterbacks in college this season. You can hardly get through a college game anymore with out the talking heads lavishing praise on the likes of Pat White, Dennis Dixon and that guy from Illinois. All you hear is how the spread offense is too difficult to stop. I was watching the Michigan/Ohio State game today and I believe it was Kirk Herbstreet who said to the effect of don't be surprised that in the coming years if schools turn en masse to the mobile QB's and the spread offense. He isn't the first one I have heard this year spout that as if it were fact ad nauseum. So in effect because coaches are lazy, the black players they recruit are not intelligent or patient enough to sit back in their basic package assignments without over pursuing to combat the spread, coaches are ready to throw defense out the door. If this comes to pass it will be a bad trend for college football, bad for the game and bad for whites athletes. It will be a good way to nip the white resurgence on defense in the bud. They already have the myth in place that whites aren't fast, and as everyone knows defenses will need more speed (which equals black players)
smiley11.gif
to combat this new spread phenomenon. If this becomes a norm, it will also ensure that it filters up to the NFL and ensure that many more poor throwing black QB's take roster spots.

If the black QB becomes the norm they will stink up the joint like Tavaris Jackson and Vince Young, but if the white talent has been shut out of the position im college, it won't matter. It will be the only style of play in town. I can't imagine watching an NFL where the likes of Vince Young are the norm rather than the oddity. Ultimately the NFl will be left with a choice. They will either have to start looking for obscure talent at QB to fill their need or they will have to allow the Vince Young type player to revolutionize the game, and not in a good way. It will have to be revolutionized in more of an NBA throw fundamentals out of the way solution. Who really knows how many Larry Bird's, John Stockton's, Kevin McHale's, even Chris Mullins's were shut out of the NBA after the Michael Jordan craze in college and the pro's? How fundamentally sound and enjoyable of a game could the NBA have been throughout the 90's if they had not thrown defense or shooting fundamentals out the window and went with ghetto ball? How many Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's and Brett Favre's will we miss because college football and ultimately the NFL are looking for the Michael Vick that never was or will be unless you destroy the game in the process? Imagine the 2013 superbowl if all this were to come to pass. The Tennessee Titans with QB Vince Young vs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with QB Dennis Dixon. The final score: Buccs 35, Titans 34 (fundamentals are out the window, they missed the 2 point conversion to go for the win). QB Young is 10-20 for 79 yards and 3 picks, 80 yards rushing and 2 rushing touchdowns and one fumble. QB Dixon has an exceptional day through the air going 16-30 for a whopping 200 yards passing 2 touchdowns only 2 picks. He aslo gained 70 yards on the ground with a touchdown and 2 fumbles (one resulting in a defensive TD) to win the Superbowl MVP award. The annalysts talk themselves into a frenzy about how exciting of a game this was. When was the last time we saw a superbowl with a 200 yard passer? The defenses played well and held each other to below 200 yards on the ground. Each team only had about 10 penalties and a couple of taunting penalities a piece. There were also only about a 50 or so missed tackles, a well played game wouldn't you say so Terry? Terry: "I tell ya, I ain't never seen a better played football game hyuck hyuck. They went up and down the field all day long, and what about my man Dennis Dixon? hyuck hyuck. He's special aint he? hyuck hyuck."

I won't watch it! Will you? I stopped watching the NBA, which was my first love growing up as a kid being a Celtics fan. Edited by: Bear Backer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Right on the money BearBacker, it's a nightmare scenario that seems to be coming true. Your example is allmost too good. Scary!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This is a very good thread, and I can agree with much of what has been said.

My perspective into the shenanigans of the "engineers." How they're trying to pull off a "made for Hollywood feel-good story."

I will say some things we already know in order to give a more complete picture.

1--The push for more black QB's and head coaches is done to increase the odds of them making it to, and winning, the big-game (the Super Bowl).

2--College Football demographics do indeed largely shape NFL demographics, and you know what? MANY College teams already have very, very black defenses. So the recruitment of D-Linemen and DB's (in particular) by race will give the NFL many more black "superman" in the future. Next will come the very interesting part.

3--As Don stated, NFL defenses have been dark for quite a while, but College defenses have definitely been Whiter until more recent times. This wholesale "ethnic cleansing" has dumbed-down the effectiveness of many defensive units. Choosing race over ability, I thought that was wrong!!

We have heard about Whites rumblin' and stumblin' -- right? We have heard that black defenders have this "innate instinct" that White player's don't have, right? They are basically saying that the White IQ holds Whites back in the football environment. What a crock! I guess it also holds Whites back in the cockpit of a fighter jet, where split decisions matter even more than on a football field.

Well, every week I see black defenders rumble and stumble en masse in College and the pros! Many just aren't good and the Caste System -- which has overreached with it's policy of utter exclusion -- has exposed itself for the folly that it is.

4--Why all the talk about defense and College football? Well, what also happened around the time that White defenders were ethnically cleansed? That would be the "rise" -- numerically at least -- of the black College QB. This was no coincidence. They can't have "precious" DeJuan the super-affaleet --- get crushed by Bobby the "slow" White man, now can they!

White QB's can be crushed by black defenders, the media especially likes that. Black QB's being crushed by black defenders, that's still acceptable. But White defenders giving black QB's nightmares is absolutely "taboo."

You think the College Game would want plenty of great football player's that can tackle and catch and that give their all and are tough, but I guess they'd rather have their locker room's poisoned with selfishness and spite.

5--Onto the NFL. I also believe that all-black defenses were an attempt to elevate the numbers that black QB's put up. White QB's and black QB's are playing against the same defenses, but with very different results. White QB's are standing in the pocket and torching the subpar defenses, while teams with black QB's tend to put much more pressure on the RB's in their quest to scrape out victories.

It's safe to say that White QB's are the only QB's that have benefitted from dumbed-down defenses. This ploy was undertaken to manufacture black QB statistics that were at least respectable and looked "professional."

White QB's are dominating 2007 and I fully expect the "antis" to cook up more shenanigans..

Edited by: Deadlift

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Black QBs are just like black heavyweights. They are flashy, loved by the media, over hyped and talk a GREAT game. But they usually end the contest on their backs or injured from trying to "improvise."

Yes, they will get the benefit of the doubt from fans, coaches and the media. Yes, double-chinned white dorks in bars will high five each other when the latest great black hope takes over from a decent white QB who was not given a fair shot. Yes, they will end up on the cover of SI or Madden as the latest "unstoppable force."

But yes, they will also end up last in the passing ratings. Yes, they will fumble or through a pick at the crucial time. Yes, they will blame everyone but themselves for their awful play.

Even drunk white fans with beer guts and man boobs get sick of this black buffoonery after a few years (see McNabb in Philly). Even they will start yodeling for a QB who can manage the game without getting hurt or making stupid mistakes.

We know what color that QB usually turns out to be.

Poacher

Mentor
Vince Young is being propped up by the NFL's #1 rushing attack and the #5 rated defense.

Last week the Titans' defense couldn't hold and they fell behind early thereby forcing Young to throw. They lost.

"Wins" is a team statistic, not an indvidual one.

Edited by: Poacher