2026 NFL Week 5

Goff missed TeSlaa in the back of the end zone but then got his second TD pass on the next play.
 
I think we need to be more positive.

Yeah Skattebo needs to fix the fumble issue. But he's head and shoulders the best back on this team. He's not going to get stashed because they don't really have a plan B. If he keeps fumbling, well, I guess he deserves to lose his job. But I'd be shocked if that happens now. Maybe a week or two in the doghouse.

Regarding injuries, most of these guys are being rushed back. Next year Pierce and Pearsall will be back at 100%. Both came into the year banged up or were banged up early on. Chism should be a bonafide starter going forward. It remains to be seen with Shipley but the Eagles clearly view him positively inside the building. He's 24 with very little wear and tear going back to Clemson where he split carries with someone I've since forgotten.

The state of WRs, RBs and DBs from the college level up is in a better state than it's been in my life at a minimum, and probably longer.
 
LaPorta 3 for 61 yards including a 38 yard TD!
Brock Bowers got his 200th career reception I believe today, and I also believe he becomes the fastest TE to 200 receptions in only his 32 career game! He's only in his year 24 season. Laporta got his 200th reception last week. It took him around 44 games. It took Kelce around 44 games as well and he was 27. Bowers is just 24.
 
LaPorta 3 for 61 yards including a 38 yard TD!
He should be heavily featured! Stud TE.
I think we need to be more positive.

Yeah Skattebo needs to fix the fumble issue. But he's head and shoulders the best back on this team. He's not going to get stashed because they don't really have a plan B. If he keeps fumbling, well, I guess he deserves to lose his job. But I'd be shocked if that happens now. Maybe a week or two in the doghouse.

Regarding injuries, most of these guys are being rushed back. Next year Pierce and Pearsall will be back at 100%. Both came into the year banged up or were banged up early on. Chism should be a bonafide starter going forward. It remains to be seen with Shipley but the Eagles clearly view him positively inside the building. He's 24 with very little wear and tear going back to Clemson where he split carries with someone I've since forgotten.

The state of WRs, RBs and DBs from the college level up is in a better state than it's been in my life at a minimum, and probably longer.
Yeah, this is a very fair take. I get riled up because I know opportunities are so few and they need to take it (like Hillis or Skattabo). Then again they could succeed and then get stashed at the end of the bench (Zenner).

I need to focus on the positives.
 
He should be heavily featured! Stud TE.

Yeah, this is a very fair take. I get riled up because I know opportunities are so few and they need to take it (like Hillis or Skattabo). Then again they could succeed and then get stashed at the end of the bench (Zenner).

I need to focus on the positives.

The longer you have been aware of the caste system it gets harder and harder to focus on the positives which do exist. For many of us we just seem the same cycle of treatment of White athletes manifest itself every year. Perceptions of White athletes should have changed wholesale during the Hillis/Welker/Jordy/Woodhead/Gronk/Watt era. There have been small inroads but it's developed into the "White outlier" exception rule rather than a breakdown of the caste system as a whole.

Lately, I have had an internal dialogue as what purpose it does tracking White athletes and supporting them at this point in time. White athletes are not advocates for themselves, each other or White youth, the coaches are the sports version of the political "conservatives" you know the type that are "color blind", cite Martin Luther King Jr. to deflect the meaningless word "racist" when they are called it and have no problem with selling out the country to H1-B visas and making pathways for amnesty for all those "hard working" latinos their landscaping and construction businesses currently pay under the table to cut costs and churn out poor quality homes while making maximum dollar while destroying the country.

Is it time for me to join the don't follow "sportsball" crowd is a question I have pondered a little more as of late. I actually came across a very good explanation yesterday in an article I read on Zerohedge which does a great job breaking down how the leftists - in this case the feminists/gays destroyed a golden goose which was the Star Wars franchise up to the point of Disney's purchase of the property:


I find the last two paragraphs spot on and 100% applicable to sports. Just replace Star Wars with sports:

"There will be some people who argue that none of this matters; that Star Wars is for kids or nerds and that there are more important things going on in the world. And this attitude is exactly why the political left continues to hold sway in the west - Because a lot of people are too ignorant to understand that popular culture is upstream from politics and social principles.

Society expresses values through stories as a way to pass on those values to future generations. The political left is fanatical, but they do understand that controlling pop culture is the key to controlling the western world. Upending the morals of a civilization is the path to destabilizing that civilization. And morals can be easily targeted through mass media."



So I would say this site plays a role as a disruptor and as I have advocated for over the years more folks getting on social media would help get the message out to a larger audience. Their are pockets of people out there that do see the discrimination in sports.
 
I will say at this juncture, CMC is criminally underused. Now I am not watching the game, but following the stats, so perhaps I am wrong but only 10 touches and already in the 4th quarter?
 
Back
Top