2024 White Purge

jacque

Guru
With the end of the preseason, it’s time for the worst thread of the year, where we document all of the mostly undeserved cutting of white talent.

jacque

Guru
Bengals cut QB Rocky Lombardi and DE Justin Blazek

Rams cut WR JJ Lapp

Colts cut QB Kaden Slovis

Falcons cut QB John Paddock and TE Austin Stogner

Titans cut LB/S Jojo Domann

Browns cut LB Landon Honeycutt

Chefs cut WR Kyle Sheets, QB Ian Book, and DT Alex Gubner

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Eagles cuts so far:

QB Will Grier
WR Griffin Hebert
TE Kevin Foelsch
OL Max Scharping

Dallas waived/injured WR David Durden

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bears cut TE Tommy Sweeny, WR Peter LeBlanc

Broncos cut LB Alec Mock

Bucs cut WR Tanner Knue, WR Raleigh Webb, TE Sal Cannella, DL Judge Culpepper

Colts cut WR Derek Slywka, DE Levi Bell, DT Mike Panasiuk

Redskins cut Bo Bauer

Giants cut LB Trey Kiser

Lions cut WR Kaden Davis, TE Shane Zylstra, DE Pat O'Connor, LB Ty Summers

Warhawk_46

Master
Bengals cut QB Rocky Lombardi and DE Justin Blazek

Rams cut WR JJ Lapp

Colts cut QB Kaden Slovis

Falcons cut QB John Paddock and TE Austin Stogner

Titans cut LB/S Jojo Domann

Browns cut LB Landon Honeycutt

It is never about the best players making the team. Blaszak was probably the Bengals best defender in the preseason, and yet he is cut.

Ditto for Ty Summers in Detroit.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Blazek is going to get Justin Zimmer treatment. Instead of making a 53..

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Sheets was an invisible man this preseason, so that one is not a surprise. Besides, the Chiefs re-signed one of Don's favorite WR's, JuJu. As for Book he has a decent shot at the practice squad. Gubner, too. I was somewhat disappointed in his play the times that I saw him in, but it's hard for a DT to put up big stats. He had two solo and one assisted tackles, but seemed to hold up well on plays and didn't get moved much.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The white purge thread is mercifully over more quickly now that we have a single cutdown date. Kinda like jumping into a cold swimming pool. I remember the threads of just a few years ago when they had multiple cutdown dates to whittle the roster down incrementally.

Now for you lurkers out there, we document all of the white cuts. And even though far more blacks are cut, it's only because they outnumber the white players 5/1. Not all of the players we note are good enough to make a team, but to just get to camp a white player has to be a standout player. You will basically never see a white player who was not particularly productive in college on a camp roster, ever. While you can look around and see dozens of black players who didn't do jack, but have "mouth watering upside" or some such nonsense.

Warhawk_46

Master
The white purge thread is mercifully over more quickly now that we have a single cutdown date. Kinda like jumping into a cold swimming pool. I remember the threads of just a few years ago when they had multiple cutdown dates to whittle the roster down incrementally.

Now for you lurkers out there, we document all of the white cuts. And even though far more blacks are cut, it's only because they outnumber the white players 5/1. Not all of the players we note are good enough to make a team, but to just get to camp a white player has to be a standout player. You will basically never see a white player who was not particularly productive in college on a camp roster, ever. While you can look around and see dozens of black players who didn't do jack, but have "mouth watering upside" or some such nonsense.
Rosters are 30% white and 70% black, on average. Maybe slightly lower percentage of whites when factoring in the few Hispanic and poly players.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Andy Isabella released by the Bills.

Austin Trammell, Tanner Muse, Joe Gaziano and C. J. Bethard released by Jax. Was hoping they'd cut Chad Muma so he could get a fresh start with another team.

Sean Clifford cut after the Packers acquired the legend known as Malik Willis, who is still learning how to throw a forward pass.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Andy Isabella released by the Bills.

Austin Trammell, Tanner Muse, Joe Gaziano and C. J. Bethard released by Jax. Was hoping they'd cut Chad Muma so he could get a fresh start with another team.

Sean Clifford cut after the Packers acquired the legend known as Malik Willis, who is still learning how to throw a forward pass.

Cut QB Michael Pratt as well. A 7th rounder this year that should have been drafted 3 rounds earlier.

Packers also cut LB Kristian Welch

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Also sounds like the Browns will try to trade away Winston or Huntley to help ensure black employment at the QB position. Some team will make a dumb decision.

Warhawk_46

Master
Of all the players, I hope Isabella lands with a team that gives him an actual chance.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Of all the players, I hope Isabella lands with a team that gives him an actual chance.

Not to be a downer but he will never get a fair shot. He was royally screwed over by the Cardinals despite being productive in limited chances. The Bills just kept him as a WSTD. He's probably going to get signed to the PS for Buffalo.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Texans cut WR Ben Skowronek, FB Andrew Beck, LB Max Tooley. Another rabidly black team to hate.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not to be a downer but he will never get a fair shot. He was royally screwed over by the Cardinals despite being productive in limited chances. The Bills just kept him as a WSTD. He's probably going to get signed to the PS for Buffalo.
I agree and have said as much. After a certain amount of years the inevitable has to be faced. Same with Sills, Muse and many others who will be cut today that are put through this year after year.

El Gringo

Mentor
Texans cut WR Ben Skowronek, FB Andrew Beck, LB Max Tooley. Another rabidly black team to hate.
Ben Mason, the number one fullback in the draft a few years ago and Now Andrew Beck have both been cut and replaced with black defensive lineman. Beck should’ve been moved to tailback after this 90 yard touchdown returns!!! But he gets cut.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Seahawks cut LB Jon Rhattigan, LB Easton Gibbs and S Ty Okada. Plantation Pete is gone but his spirit lives on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jonas Griffith cut by the Broncos, which solidifies Cody Barton's starting spot next to Alex Singleton.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I also feel very bad for David Sills. No doubt in my mind that they both should be starting wide receivers on some team. It's getting
highly unlikely though as they have been whiteballed out of the league.

Warhawk_46

Master
Ben Mason, the number one fullback in the draft a few years ago and Now Andrew Beck have both been cut and replaced with black defensive lineman. Beck should’ve been moved to tailback after this 90 yard touchdown returns!!! But he gets cut.
There are so many things to hate about the odious NFL, but replacing fullbacks, which is a white position generally speaking with black defensive lineman, irks me to no end.

They are certainly not better than the fullbacks. It is just a way to keep another white player off the field.