2024 PGA Tour

NikoDuke

Mentor
2 good tournaments this week.

PGA- Travellers. Scottie, Lowry, Thomas, Cantlay all in the mix.
LIV - Nashville Open. Ancer, Hatton, Bryson, Koepka in the mix.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Some protesters, apparently climate change cult lunatics, not sure exactly as I wasn't watching, ran out on the 18th green and threw paint on it before the police quickly subdued them. Nothing like showing your commitment to the environment by trying to wreck a golf course.

Shortly after that Scottie Scheffler won the playoff on the first hole over Tom Kim of Korea, giving Scheffler his pretty remarkable sixth win of the season in less than half a year.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Some protesters, apparently climate change cult lunatics, not sure exactly as I wasn't watching, ran out on the 18th green and threw paint on it before the police quickly subdued them. Nothing like showing your commitment to the environment by trying to wreck a golf course.

Shortly after that Scottie Scheffler won the playoff on the first hole over Tom Kim of Korea, giving Scheffler his pretty remarkable sixth win of the season in less than half a year.
The crowd was rightly pissed. Looks like some of the protesters got rightly roughed up a bit, when tackled / cuffed.

https://x.com/ForePlayPod/status/18...scotties-winning-putt-and-get-bundled-by-cops

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Scottie Scheffler's six PGA titles so far in '24 is the most since Tiger Woods had six in '09. The modern record is nine, shared by Woods in his peak year of 2000 and Vijay Singh in 2004. Would be nice to see Scotty surpass that, and I'll also be rooting for him to win the British Open next month. He needs to rack up majors while he's at the very peak of his career. So far he has two green jackets (and unprecedented back to back Players championships) but has yet to win the other three.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Scottie Scheffler's six PGA titles so far in '24 is the most since Tiger Woods had six in '09. The modern record is nine, shared by Woods in his peak year of 2000 and Vijay Singh in 2004. Would be nice to see Scotty surpass that, and I'll also be rooting for him to win the British Open next month. He needs to rack up majors while he's at the very peak of his career. So far he has two green jackets (and unprecedented back to back Players championships) but has yet to win the other three.
He's certainly on a good pace to tie or break the record. I don't know how many more tournaments he's committed to as there are nine left I believe, counting the FedEx, BMW and Tour Championship tournaments.
He's also the first player to win six tournaments before July 1st since Arnold Palmer did it in 1962.