2024 Olympics

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Pretty impressive seeing him run down Ingebrigtsen and Kerr.

That 1500m race was amazing. I had Cole Hocker as a dark horse medal candidate but did not see the gold coming. He played it perfectly behind the big 2 and came out of nowhere in the last 50m to seal the deal. I have to question Ingebrigtsen’s strategy of leading the entire race from the front against such a quality field. I somehow knew he was going to get caught in the last 100 or so, but to finish without a medal is hugely disappointing. Hopefully he can redeem himself in the 5000m.

This has been a great Olympics in T&F for white athletes! It seems everyday, we are seeing 1-2 gold medal winners in a featured race/event, plus silver/ bronze medalists as well. There’s more to come until the last day so I’ll keep watching the headlines. There’s even been a handful of blacks I was happy to see win gold. The Canadian hammer thrower Rogers seems like a nice girl, as does Gabby Thomas of the US who won the women’s 200m. If you listen to their interviews and backstories, they’re like the exact opposite of ghetto thrash like Richardson.

Sean89

Mentor
Inger went out in 54 seconds. He got his tactics horribly wrong.

We should have had a 1-2-3. But at least the gold and silver.

He needs to get himself right for the 5,000m.

Sean89

Mentor
That was quite the collapse by Rahm, but he hasn't been playing near his standard all year so it was a bigger surprise that he looked to be cruising to the gold after the 10th hole of the final round (20 under, 4 shot lead).

Scheffler shot a 29 on the back nine, well earned win for him against a superb field that was tightly bunched. Any talk of Schauffele catching Scottie as the world's current best was put to rest as Schauffele joined Rahm in collapse mode on the back nine.
His win in the UK was meant to be a turning point and it was looking that way. Until that shocking collapse. He needs to go away and re evaluate.

Sean89

Mentor
Great to see Kellie Harrington get back to back Gold for Ireland.

She was vilified by the media and left wing nuts last year, for having the audacity to call out the waster imports we have overloading our country.

Sean89

Mentor
White 1-2 in first 400m hurdle.
Warholm was able to shut down but he doesn't seem to be at top form.

Technically just lost his way slightly towards second last hurdle. But had too much class still for the field.

Sean89

Mentor
Silver in the men's steeple chase. A really brave run. Take a bow young man.

Sadly. Have to settle for silver and bronze in the disc.

Disappointing result, but an all-white team from a country of less than 7 million nearly toppled arguably the best Olympic team the US has ever constructed. The Caste narrative is showing signs of weakness in the sport of basketball, that's for sure.

angelus

Exciting finish to Germany-France Handball game yesterday. France was majority African, fourth seed. Germany all white top seed. France led the entire way. Five seconds to go, France up 1 and with the ball at half court and time out. Announcer says the game is over, I suppose France could turn it over which won’t happen and Germany would have to make a miracle shot to tie it and the chances are miniscule.

Well the African inbounding the ball gets it intercepted, pass on a fast break and a goal just ahead of time expiring. Germany wins in overtime.

El Gringo

Mentor
How were the Referees in the Serb vs USA? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Serbs were penalized for PDWW. it seems like this whole Olympics has been DEI orientated

Sean89

Mentor
How were the Referees in the Serb vs USA? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Serbs were penalized for PDWW. it seems like this whole Olympics has been DEI orientated

First two Quarters US got a lot of calls. Then it evened out. But US got a couple in fourth that were meh...

jphoss

Mentor
I attempted to watch the germany france basketball game but saw only one native for each team and turned it off immediately. However I have found the taekwondo and judo enjoyable to watch.

angelus

I attempted to watch the germany france basketball game but saw only one native for each team and turned it off immediately. However I have found the taekwondo and judo enjoyable to watch.

Thank you for reminding me about taekwondo. I too enjoyed the judo.

Logos5

Guru
Also Spain with an all white team beat France with it's majority black to clinch the gold