2024 NFL Week 7

Booth

Master
Will Shipley with 3 carries for 7 yards. Garbage time or not it's great to see him out there!
I found this article on Shipley to be discouraging, to be honest, It looks like he is accepting the WSTD role. I hope not.

Phall

Master
Didn’t see much of the Steelers game. Turned it on in the third quarter to see one of Wilson’s rainbow passes bounce off the Jets defender into Pickens hand and Wilson get celebrated for the throw and turned it off. Guess I was wrong about the Steelers this week! Oy vey!
Lol, I turned on the game at about the same point and noticed the same thing. Collinsworth was over the moon for the brand of “pinpoint touch passing” that bounces off the back of the defender’s helmet and into the receiver’s hands. It’s as if he’s directly challenging the audience by saying, “Who are you gonna believe - me, or your lying eyes??”

On another note: we all know that cliche where you think of a brilliant retort… but it’s five minutes after the fact. Well, I was scanning through the headlines this morning and thought to myself, “Whoa, with that painful injury, I hope Deshaun Watson knows a good massage therapist!!”

:sisi1

I was sure that somebody would beat me to it…. like Miles Garrett after a late-game scrum!

I don’t want to steal from anyone… like Jameis Winston at the seafood section!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't realize Trump was at the Pitt-NYJ game last night until reading about it today. Quite a contrast to KC home games where we see endless shots of Taylor Swift when she's in attendance.

There was also a busty Trump supporter who ran on the field with a sign that said "Trump Secure Border -- Kamala Open Border." Older readers should remember Morganna, a big-chested woman who for years ran on baseball fields and kissed various players. If you're familiar with the classic comedy Kingpin, she tries to kiss Roy Munson (Woody Harrelson), who shoos her away, then Ernie McCracken (Bill Murray), who indulges her and grabs a quick feel. Here she is kissing Cal Ripken:

A couple short vids of the one in Pittsburgh last night can be found at this link: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/10/epic-woman-storms-field-steelers-game-sign-that/

That link also has a video of Trump being greeted with "USA USA" chants. He spoke over the weekend in Latrobe, hometown of the late great Arnold Palmer. And believe it or not two notorious former Steelers were at the Latrobe rally and gave speeches in support of Trump -- none other than Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell, boneheads both but another indication of how black men are moving in Trump's direction in a big way.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I didn't realize Trump was at the Pitt-NYJ game last night until reading about it today. Quite a contrast to KC home games where we see endless shots of Taylor Swift when she's in attendance.

There was also a busty Trump supporter who ran on the field with a sign that said "Trump Secure Border -- Kamala Open Border." Older readers should remember Morganna, a big-chested woman who for years ran on baseball fields and kissed various players. If you're familiar with the classic comedy Kingpin, she tries to kiss Roy Munson (Woody Harrelson), who shoos her away, then Ernie McCracken (Bill Murray), who indulges her and grabs a quick feel. Here she is kissing Cal Ripken:

A couple short vids of the one in Pittsburgh last night can be found at this link: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/10/epic-woman-storms-field-steelers-game-sign-that/

That link also has a video of Trump being greeted with "USA USA" chants. He spoke over the weekend in Latrobe, hometown of the late great Arnold Palmer. And believe it or not two notorious former Steelers were at the Latrobe rally and gave speeches in support of Trump -- none other than Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell, boneheads both but another indication of how black men are moving in Trump's direction in a big way.
I remember Morganna well! I wonder if Ripken got a hit or struck out after that? A homerun would've been appropriate.

Warhawk_46

Master
Chris Hogan's nickname was 7/11 and it took years before he got an opportunity and only because he was on the Patriots. A number of other past and present White receivers could easily have the same nickname. It's McCaffrey's racial apprenticeship in part but at least he's playing a lot as a rookie. Sooner or later he should start being targeted considerably more often.
That is a good point. I’m sure McCaffrey will begin to see targets soon. The fact he is only in his 3rd year of playing WR (last two years of college was when he transitioned from QB) and always open is a great sign for his long-term ability to be a dominant receiver for us.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Tuned into the BSPN MNF pre-show to much slobbering over Lamar Jackson. But surprisingly later on when they discussed the Chargers-Cardinals game they did a good segment on Ladd McConkey. Analyst Marcus Spears did NOT do a white receiver comparison!. He compared McConkey to Emmanuel Sanders, which is a decent comparison. He pointed out working inside or outside, 4.4 speed, great hands, can do everything. It was nice to hear.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great opening drive by the Bucs. Nice to see play action still in use in the NFL. Mayfield having a hell of a season thus far.

Gator Dad

Guru
I wonder if any of the Cleveland DWFs who are watching this game are asking themselves any questions about why the team dumped Mayfield so eagerly and how they got stuck in the godawful QB situation they have now.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So a bit earlier Mike Evans dropped a perfectly placed pass from Mayfield for a TD. He immediately began rolling around in pain afterwards. Let’s see if he’s legit hurt or if he pulled the tried and true black player move of faking an injury after a bad play.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So a bit earlier Mike Evans dropped a perfectly placed pass from Mayfield for a TD. He immediately began rolling around in pain afterwards. Let’s see if he’s legit hurt or if he pulled the tried and true black player move of faking an injury after a bad play.
Evans seems to be legitimately hurt. He's one of the few black players I can appreciate especially as a WR. He's the rare one that is not an effeminates, soft and actually is a very good blocker.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Evans seems to be legitimately hurt. He's one of the few black players I can appreciate especially as a WR. He's the rare one that is not an effeminates, soft and actually is a very good blocker.
You are right. Either way, the Evans drop was huge as it’s been all Baltimore since.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hoping for Ladd McConkey to get involved in the offense on national tv tonight. He has been shut out so far. I feel they will have to feed him
the ball if they are gonna beat the Cardinals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hoping for Ladd McConkey to get involved in the offense on national tv tonight. He has been shut out so far. I feel they will have to feed him
the ball if they are gonna beat the Cardinals.

McConkey up to 5 rec. for for 46 yards. Hope the Chargers can pull this close game out. Will Dissly has 8 rec. for 81 yards too!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
McConkey up to 5 rec. for for 46 yards. Hope the Chargers can pull this close game out. Will Dissly has 8 rec. for 81 yards too!
Good to see Herbert with some overachiever targets. He threw for nearly 350 with zero INTs or TDS. Didn’t catch the game, but based on the box score, AZ stonewalled Harbaugh’s run game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Slowly but surely things are improving on the injury front -- Kupp is almost certain to play on Thursday, Pearsall is playing and may have an expanded role with Aiyuk out for the season and Samuel suffering from pneumonia (?!), McCaffrey should be back after the 49ers' bye, Troy Andersen is expected to practice this week, and Adam Thielen expects to practice this week and hopefully return for Week 8.