2024 NFL Draft

It's a monkey see, monkey do world. Of course there's the insidious agenda underfoot, but I think some of these managers and coaches are just freaking dumb, and no coercion is needed for them to get with the program. Look how unimaginative most of these people are. If the player is white, he's got to be offensive line, tight end, kicker, or punter? If I owned a team, I would hire anyone on this website before I'd hire anyone presently doing that. The best running back in the league is white, and there are no more like him?

Speaking of wasting the years of a qb like Josh Allen, look what GM Mickey Loomis did for the career of Drew Brees. This cretin from 2006-21, made 15 fewer draft picks than any other club. He hid behind Sean Payton, making people think it was Payton doing this, but this strategy has continued unabated since Payton's departure. Loomis packs off draft picks to move up a few slots like he's in a boat with too many holes in it. His 7 picks this year are a Poly and 6 black guys.

"From 2006-21, the Saints made 15 fewer draft picks than any other club. They made 94 selections — an average of 5.88 per year. The next-closest team, the Los Angeles Chargers, averaged 6.81 picks per year — nearly a full selection per year more than New Orleans."

From https://denversports.com/2104342/th...-that-defined-saints-drafts-with-sean-payton/

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Hearing that football personnel are dumb isn’t shocking in the slightest.

Let’s be honest, among sports it has to have the lowest intelligence and creativity needed, with the exception of quarterbacks and a handful of other positions.

High school coaches are generally buffoons and if Deion sanders can be chosen for the job in college then it’s pretty clear this isn’t an intellectual endeavor.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I'm a little late to the party due to work. As expected, Chris Grier of the Dolphins had an entirely coal black draft. They have a gaping hole at Center (due to the probable retirement of Connor Williams) The team "plugged" this hole by signing sumo Aaron Brewer from the Titans who was one of the lowest graded centers in the league last year. Most of the fan base thought they would draft one of the talented white center prospects (Barton, JPJ, Frazier) as that would have been the logical choice. Nope! Instead Grier got cute by making "luxury" picks by drafting Chop Robinson (apparently he learned nothing from the disastrous Charles Harris over TJ Watt selection a few years ago) and a sumo tackle who is a developmental prospect at best as opposed to a plug and play starter.

I was on the fence about Grier a few years ago as he didn't seem as bad as some of the previous GM's (Hickey, Ireland, Tannenbaum) but his true caste colors are beginning to show. He has completely sumoized the OL and seems to think he has a good enough team to where he can afford to make "luxury" picks. To pass on any of these talented white centers, especially when all you have is a bum like Aaron Brewer is criminal. I really hope they miss the playoffs this coming season and Ross relieves Grier of his GM duties (one can only hope) Another thing about Grier, he's been in the organization for over 20 years now. Is it any coincidence the Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in that time span? I think not.