2024 Indianapolis Colts

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Colts of late are a team of minimal interest. Other than a very White, with good depth, offensive line there isn't too much to get exited about. They are a middle of the road Caste NFL roster.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
19 Whites total, with 6 starters. Grade: D

QB - Joe Flacco, Sam Ehlinger
WR - Alec Pierce
TE - Will Mallory
T - Bernhard Raimann, Braden Smith, Blake Freeland, Matt Goncalves
G - Quenton Nelson, Will Fries, Danny Pinter, Dalton Tucker
C - Ryan Kelly, Tanor Bortolini

DT - Taven Bryan
S - Trevor Denbow

K - Matt Gay
P - Rigoberto Sanchez (Castizo?)
LS - Luke Rhodes

IR - Welsey French (C), Ryan Colt (C), Daniel Scott* (S) [a bit dusky],
PS - Liam Anderson (LB), Jack McKeon (TE), Evan Hull* (RB) [Octoroon or part mestizo?], Spencer Shrader (K)

This team is nearly a carbon copy of last year in terms of the White athletes on the team. Offensive lineman make up the major of the White players (10 of 19).

Let's start with the positive. The line is a snowplow and every backup is White too! That's 10 for 10 if you are counting at home. The bad news is that is half of the Whites on the team. The line is anchored by the best guard in the NFL, Quenton Nelson. Nelson is a generational talent and as close as you could have to the perfect lineman. Ryan Kelly is a very good center and supposedly had a career best year by PFF. The tackle duo of Raimann and Smith were rated the top pairing by PFF. Overall they are rated number 3 and within the debate for best unit in the NFL. I wonder why some of the awful Caste teams don't copy this formula in this "copy cat" league? One of the hero's of last season, Joe Flacco, is the primary backup to one of the league's biggest upsiders. If he falters or gets hurt again (that rush first style will do that), then the Colts are in good hands. WR Alec Pierce was primed to be replaced in the offseason after his replacement was drafted. All the experts predicted Pierce would be beaten out as a starter but he held on to the spot and responded with 125 yards and a TD. He's a premier deep threat in the league so his success will come if the QB targets him and accurately hits him on the deep routes. The only other White skill player is 2nd year TE Will Mallory who's buried at 4th string.

Last the defense, which is very dark. DT Taven Bryan could be considered a super rare White 1st round bust. I guess he makes for a solid rotational backup. Trevor Denbow returns as a rare White safety but I really should list him as a WSTD. He had 6 snaps on defense in 2023. Looks like he'll need a slew of injuries to get a shot.

I don't really like the Colts much but the AFC South is pretty putrid. Jaguars and Titans haven't been previewed yet but its likely the Colts have the most White players and starters.