2024 Carolina Panthers

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just remember Bryce Young was the unquestioned best player in 2023. He did not participate in combine workouts and there were questions about his weight. Dalton is not a big qb by any means but he really looks much bigger than Young when they stand side by side.

Young was a very good college qb, inserted into an offensive system to run the show. He has less physical ability than AJ McCarron who was probably Saban’s best QB.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Not to say that we here at CF didn't call it...... :)

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I guess my post earlier was pretty timely. LOL.

Regarding Young’s size, in this photo that accompanied ESPNs homepage for a few hours, Dalton appears giant-like next to him. Maybe it’s a bit of a photo angle or perspective thing but still.
1726516235340.jpeg

To FD’s point, I think bad teams should be more diligent to protect their rookies from failing in no-win situations. However the amount of money thrown at a 1st rounder leads to pressure on the organization to get an immediate return on investment. Credit to the Pats for letting Maye learn from the sidelines while Brissett puts up lousy passing numbers and the team works to improve. If Maye steps in later when the Pats are out of playoff contention, he’ll be better received by vulturous media and fans. If he does well, he’ll be a beloved savior.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Just remember Bryce Young was the unquestioned best player in 2023. He did not participate in combine workouts and there were questions about his weight. Dalton is not a big qb by any means but he really looks much bigger than Young when they stand side by side.

Young was a very good college qb, inserted into an offensive system to run the show. He has less physical ability than AJ McCarron who was probably Saban’s best QB.
We called it last year as McCarron was viewed as a future NFL back up type but this guy who looks like a light hitting shortstop was going to be a franchise qb, just ridiculous...

Warhawk_46

Master
I guess my post earlier was pretty timely. LOL.

Regarding Young’s size, in this photo that accompanied ESPNs homepage for a few hours, Dalton appears giant-like next to him. Maybe it’s a bit of a photo angle or perspective thing but still.
View attachment 4621

To FD’s point, I think bad teams should be more diligent to protect their rookies from failing in no-win situations. However the amount of money thrown at a 1st rounder leads to pressure on the organization to get an immediate return on investment. Credit to the Pats for letting Maye learn from the sidelines while Brissett puts up lousy passing numbers and the team works to improve. If Maye steps in later when the Pats are out of playoff contention, he’ll be better received by vulturous media and fans. If he does well, he’ll be a beloved savior.
Dalton is 6’2”. Young has got to be, at most, 5’8” and looks incredibly slight maybe 175 lbs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking forward to Adam Thielen being relevant again, Dalton will frequently target him and actually complete passes to him.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to Adam Thielen being relevant again, Dalton will frequently target him and actually complete passes to him.
Yeah, Dalton can actually see the receivers, plus he's a savvy pro. Not sure what the coaches have been thinking with Young. With his height, slight frame and non-cannon arm the offense should be a Russell Wilson Seattle throwback offense with nothing but designed rollouts. Will be fun watching Dalton run this offense.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I hope so. Yesterday or today on First Take Shannon Sharpe was diminishing Thielen's age and skills as one of the reasons Bryce Young hasn't performed. Not having a good receiver to throw to among other excuses. He and Stephen A. Smith saying it's not Young's fought he has failed. Blaming everyone else but Young himself. However, Smith did say Young's size could've contributed to his demise, saying when he met Young, he was shocked at how slight Young was saying he was a head shorter than himself. Smith to his credit also referenced the fact that Young has to jump pass to release the football because he can't see over the OL.
Charlotte Observer reporter Scott Fowler on The Dan Patrick Show disagrees with Patrick. Saying that Young doesn't have it. When Patrick questioned the OL, Fowler was quick to correct Patrick. Stating that the Panther OL had performed well this season.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I hope so. Yesterday or today on First Take Shannon Sharpe was diminishing Thielen's age and skills as one of the reasons Bryce Young hasn't performed. Not having a good receiver to throw to among other excuses. He and Stephen A. Smith saying it's not Young's fought he has failed. Blaming everyone else but Young himself. However, Smith did say Young's size could've contributed to his demise, saying when he met Young, he was shocked at how slight Young was saying he was a head shorter than himself. Smith to his credit also referenced the fact that Young has to jump pass to release the football because he can't see over the OL.
Charlotte Observer reporter Scott Fowler on The Dan Patrick Show disagrees with Patrick. Saying that Young doesn't have it. When Patrick questioned the OL, Fowler was quick to correct Patrick. Stating that the Panther OL had performed well this season.
If Dalton goes out on Sunday and throws for 250-300 yards, it will discredit everything the lying press is saying. The receivers are no good, the line isn’t performing, etc. It will be clear to anyone with eyes to see that Young is the issue.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Dalton goes out on Sunday and throws for 250-300 yards, it will discredit everything the lying press is saying. The receivers are no good, the line isn’t performing, etc. It will be clear to anyone with eyes to see that Young is the issue.
The standard line during the offseason and preseason was that the Panthers had "surrounded Young with weapons." They drafted a receiver in the first round and a running back in the second round. They also drafted a receiver in the second round in '23. Thielen had over 100 catches and 1,000 yards last year and they traded for Diontae Johnson, who in his three healthy seasons with the Steelers had 88, 107 and 86 receptions. So they did do everything possible to put Young in a position to succeed, at the very least to be noticeably better in his second season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The one start that Dalton had in 2023 he threw for 361 yards and 2 TD's.

wile

Master

Day opines on what Florio opines about Tepper. Elway did it to Irsay and from one guy I met one time in a bar talking construction Irsay was a Class A a**hole.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Day opines on what Florio opines about Tepper. Elway did it to Irsay and from one guy I met one time in a bar talking construction Irsay was a Class A a**hole.

Florio making an entitled player the victim. Tepper sure is an a-hole, Tepper wanted Bryce Young too. Funny how cucks like Florio want to forget the truth. Tepper should certainly bow out of being a meddling owner but it can also be true that Young was nothing more than media hype and thus his draft status rose to that of being the unchallenged, unquestioned #1 qb in the draft.

wile

Master
I don't follow any of the media hacks outside of a few Clay Travis posts so I only suspected this Florio clown was a Young booster boy. FTR While I am not ready for the NFL to go kaput I do like to see some orgs take a steep dive into the ground. I cannot imagine a better scenario then the usual entitled black man squeezing the juice out of a Jewish ubermensch for my laughs as the whole team goes Cleveland. The Caste System is not gonna fail because we call it "racist" it will fail when it causes itself such psychological pain upon its adherents they beg for it to be over or they go full Jonestown either way. In short let them fight, encourage them to fight.

This is the thread on X I added my .02 and plugged caste football at the same time.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Young is a midget with no elite tools. Sucks to suck. At least he has Bama to fall back on.