2023 World Outdoor Season

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck blazes to his first Sub 10 wind legal. Congrats as he is only the 2nd American Born White Sprinter to achieve this! Congrats.

9.97! :flamethrower2:

SNG03348_csQ1m.jpg
here is video of the race:

sprintstar

Mentor
woah he was on the line his last few strides.....another 1/2" to his left and he would have been DQ'd. Hope he has another fast sub 10 for the next race.

freedom1

Mentor
Yes!! He has timed his peak well. Hopefully he is not done yet and catches a flyer on Friday. Cash in now!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wow things are heating up on the track over in Europe as the summer gets into gear. Over in Austria today we
saw an unexpected result from 27 year old sprinter Markus Fuchs! What did he do you ask me?

Markus Fuchs ran a 10.08 +1.2 wind for a new personal best time and it's the 4th fastest time in all of Europe as of today!
No one saw this coming but I'm happy for this guy as Austria is not a strong sprinting country. He stands out among the rest
of his teammates. What a nice breakthrough for Fuchs! It's also now a New Austrian 100 Meters National Record! Congrats!

maxres.jpg

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Markus Fuchs ran a 10.08 +1.2 wind for a new personal best time and it's the 4th fastest time in all of Europe as of today!
And 2nd place went to someone I had never heard of, Elliot Jones of Great Britain. His time was a very solid 10.20.

Also 21yr old Attila Molnar of Hungary who is having a breakout season, won a 400m race in Budapest with a very good 45.10 clocking.
On the women's side, 21 yr old Boglarka Takacs, took the 100m and 200m races with times of 11.23 and 22.77.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
7th June 2023 06:40

Today (7) marks the one year to go countdown to one of the biggest, exciting and most important events in the build-up to the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.

The Rome 2024 European Athletics Championships takes place between 7-12 June some 50 years after the Italian capital last staged the biennial championships.

I post this here as it's an incredible opportunity for both Samuel Ceccarelli and Filippo Tortu to shine at in front of the country they love
as all of the besr track athletes from across Europe will be in Rome next summer. Great stepping stone for the Olympics soon after!

mastermulti

Master
Jacknyc mentioned the English/N. Ireland Sprinter Elliot Jones who ran a 10.20 today in Austria. Not a name most of us here would recall. Here is his bio.

profilepic.aspx
good find. I see from his PO10 profile that Leon Baptiste is his coach. Leon was European 100m junior champion 20 years ago with a lifetime PB from 2008 of 10.26 - so Elliot's past him already on times

white lightning

Hall of Famer
First off I'm a huge Samuele Ceccarelli Fan so this is not a knock on him at all. It's just funny. How many of you have ever
watched the tv show "The Big Bang Theory"? It's good for some laughs in reruns if your bored. The lead star character
is the nerdy scientist played by the actor Jim Parsons. He looks so much like Samuel Ceccarelli just in the face. Haha.

NY Post picture
proxy-image

m.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On Friday Evening is the 2023 NCAA Championships 100 Meters Mens Finals. This may be the last time we see Cole Beck. I sure hope
not but he plans on a career in football. Just our bad luck with a guy that is only the 2nd white US Male Sprinter to go sub 10. Either
way good luck to Cole Beck on Friday Night. The field is stacked and he would do good to even finish in the top 5 but I'm hoping for more!

Seasons Best NCAA Personal Best
11686292331544.pngUdodi ONWUZURIKE
Stanford [SO]
LSU.png
Da'Marcus FLEMING
LSU [JR]
UH.png
Shaun MASWANGANYI
Houston [JR]
9.96w59.99
AUB.png
Favour ASHE
Auburn [SO]
UF.png
PJ AUSTIN
Florida [SR]
LSU.png
Godson OGHENEBRUME
LSU [SO]
VT.png
Cole BECK
Virginia Tech [SR]
TTU.png
Courtney LINDSEY
Texas Tech [SR]
UO.png
Micah WILLIAMS
Oregon [JR]

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
Beck will have to relax a touch more in the finals as he tightened in his 9.97 race. He will also have to go alot faster than 9.97 to place in the top three, which I totally believe he can do! I think(favourable conditions)he will go at least 9.92

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ceccarelli: 'I was 240 in the ranking, now I'm bringing the tops closer'
07 June 2023

The sprinter after 10.13 of the Golden Gala: “I didn't think about pressure or fear. What a roar, I would like to thank all the fans by first and last name. Jacobs? I hope you'll get better soon". Sicari meeting director: "This is how the 1500m record was born"

“I took a screenshot of the members and their position in the ranking: at the Golden Gala I was against no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. I was the no. 240. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't think about the pressure, the awe: I just used the opportunity to measure myself against the best in the world. I don't feel like a world top but if this trend continues I could get closer to them…”. Samuele Ceccarelli (jumped to 94th place in the ranking and destined to grow) is among the brightest stars of the Florence night: in the weekly episode of Atletica Talk, on Atletica TV, the European indoor champion of the 60s lines up the overwhelming emotions he has lived at the Ridolfi stadium on the occasion of his 10.13 in the 100 meters. “I shivered as the audience roared as my name was announced. When I walked towards the blocks the fans called me, supported me: I would like to know their names and surnames to thank them personally one by one. I like the idea of being an inspiration for dedication and perseverance. Everyone, with me, can think 'if a stranger like him could do it, I can do it too'!”.

The analysis of the race can be summarized as follows: "An excellent test with some details to polish", underlines Ceccarelli (Atl. Firenze Marathon). Promoted the start: “It's my natural trait, to come out strong from the blocks and push up to 30 metres. I didn't make my opponents run away. Then I got up a little too early compared to coach Marco Del Medico's advice and I broke down in the final to stay attached to the athletes on my left. But it's also true that at 60 I was fifth, and I stayed fifth all the way, I didn't drop". On Fred Kerley (9.94) he says he went to "greet and pay homage to him at the hotel after the race: I told him it was a pleasure to race with him, he replied... thanks bro". On Marcell Jacobs, the wish is that he "will recover physically soon, that he heals and finds peace of mind. I happened to read '********' around, people who spit in the plate from which he ate. In Florence I would have been delighted to compete with him, for me, for him and for the show. The roar for us Azzurri would have been double”. On a time trial under 10 seconds, he doesn't say too much: “It's desirable, I hope so, but I don't like to talk until I have something concrete in hand. We'll see race by race where we can get to”. On the golden moment of Tuscan athletics, he underlines that "we are famous for our parochialism but when we experience such emotions we are all one". And on the relay, he reiterates: "I've always given availability, I respect the technical choices and I trust I can be part of the quartet in the future". Meanwhile, while the programming is inevitably evolving in the light of the result in Florence, there is already a date marked in the calendar: "I will certainly be at the Assoluti di Molfetta at the end of July".
Translate this page

phpThumb.php

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The dominance of this superstar from Norway over Ethiopians and Kenyans is just amazing. He shows it can be done. Might be the best
ever at so many distances from 1500 to 5000 and 10,000 meters. Today was a 2 mile race he dominated. He has done the same thing
outdoors in crosscountry championships. The world has never seen a runner like Jakob Ingebritsen! :)

Men's 2 Miles

POSNAMENAT.RESULT
1.Jakob INGEBRIGTSENNOR7:54.10
2.Ishmael Rokitto KIPKURUIKEN8:09.23
3.Kuma GIRMAETH8:10.34
4.Justin KIPKOECHKEN8:13.15
5.Paul CHELIMOUSA8:15.69
6.Adisu GIRMAETH8:21.43
7.Mohamed ABDILAAHIGER8:27.88
8.Etienne DAGUINOSFRA8:31.29
9.Ali ABDILMANAETH8:40.65
10.Evans KIPCHUMBAKEN8:55.70
Benoit CAMPIONFRADNF
Stewart MCSWEYNAUSDNF
Kyumbe MUNGUTIKENDNF

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
You might add that Ingebrigsten broke the World Record for the 2 mile today, and did so by 4.5 seconds! Incredible!!
To be technical, since the 2 mile is not a regular contested distance, his time is actually a World Best Performance, rather than a World Record. But whatever you call it, Jacob Ingebrigsten, ran 2 miles faster than anybody in history ever has. In fact 4.5 seconds faster than anyone in history. He is the only man in history to run 2 miles in less than 8 minutes. That's a sub-4 minute mile twice in the same race!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Also in Paris today, Keely Hodgkinson of Great Britain ran a National Record and World Leading 800m time of 1:55.77.
On top of that, it was her first race of the season, and she dominated the race winning by a large margin. She is an incredible talent, on level in her event, with Femke Bol.

Someone we haven't talked much about is CJ Allen. He won the 400m Hurdles in a great time of 47.92. He is the 2nd best 400m hurdler in the US now, with Trevor Bassitt being 3rd best. Bassitt came 3rd in this race in an excellent time of 48.28.

In the women's 200m, Abby Steiner came 2nd with a time of 22.34.

Finally, an interesting tidbit . . . Great Britain ran an all white 4x100m relay team - Tommy Ramdhan, Oliver Bromby, Richard Kilty!, and Joe Ferguson - and came in 2nd to France. Not too shabby.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Take a look!! Here is Keely Hodgkinson's dominating 800m run. She's just 21 yrs old

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Watch Jacob Ingebrigtsen blow away the competition and demolish the WR for 2 mile.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watch Jacob Ingebrigtsen blow away the competition and demolish the WR for 2 mile.

This man is unlike anyone distance runner I've ever seen. He makes me want to watch these events more and I'm mostly a sprints fanatic.
Similar to Karsten Warholm and Femke Bol. These europeans have raised the bar with these world records and it's amazing!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
10.05 9th place :(

Yeah he looked a little tight but I'm still proud of him. This was the fastest NCAA 100 Meters ever run from top to bottom. In
tonights race 7 of the 9 sprinters went sub 10 wind legal. That doesn't happen even at alot of olympics or world championships.

Cole Beck didn't execute any of the parts of his race up to his liking yet still ran 10.05 like a jog in the park. That time is very, very good
and we should still be very proud of the kid. He helped to make up for the sad season Boling had. If Cole Beck plays football like he plans
he will be uncoverable. Will they throw him the ball? Will the NFL let him become a star? Only time will tell but he also could have a very
lucrative track career if football doesn't pan out. His last 3 races were 10.05, 9.97 and 10.05! Simply amazing. Why does he have to quit
track? We already lost Gatlin Bair to football and now we may never see Cole Beck on a track again!

I selfishly would love to see him go to Europe for some races but he won't as he wants to play in the nfl. I'm a fan either way.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
Cole peaked so well, wish he could run again right away in a meet where he could just relax and blast a good time (no prelims and high pressure).

Earlier in the season he seemed stuck just above 10.10, but he put it all together. He is at his peak now.