2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is just unbeatable. Even Usain Bolt cannot match the Living Legend of Mondo Duplantis! :campeon:

cb43cc46-1719-4a79-b290-5bdb34818946

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As expected Samuele Ceccarelli smashed his 100m PB · @GoldenGalaDL. , from 10.45 to 10.13 ! Interestingly, his 60m split time was 6.58! Trust Me you guys haven't seen anything yet!

m.jpg

Excellent performance for Ceccarelli, shame about the last 20 meters. He should drop below 10.05 soon! I would like to underline Akani Simbine that he passed at the 60 meters with 6.70 and then made 3.39! SImbine has run 9.84 so this shows some incredible speed for Ceccarelli. So
despite a slower 60 meters time over a tenth slower than he ran indoors and a poor last 20 meters he still did ok. Why am I bringing all of
this up? Because Samuele Ceccarellis made mistakes in the all parts of his race yet still ran 10.13 with 0 wind! Be pumped guys! :cool:

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
it's good to know his team are really taking things seriously to try to get him to the best of his ability.
He'll not go to his grave wondering. A buzz cut might get him there

While I agree when you run a hair or eye lash away from a sub 10, Lemaitre did it with his hair and so can Browning. Yes it
does slow him down a little but it looks so cool as you rarely ever see sprinters with hair like that. How about a compromise?
Let's see him go sub 10 with the hair. Then he can attempt to get into the low to mid nines with a shorter more aerodynamic haircut!

Even Mondo Duplantis proves if your great the hair will not stop you! Haha.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have the 2023 NCAA National Championships of Track & Field this week. The 2 stars we will most be watching the races
closely are Cole Beck and Matthew Boling.

Cole Beck is in the 100 meters after running his scorching new personal best of 10.05

Matthew Boling will be in the 200 meters and I'm hoping he can do what he did at he NCAA Indoor Champs!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young german sprinter to watch in the coming years is Heiko Gussmann who just ran a 10.34 for the fastest time in
his age group in Europe so far. HIs personal best time over 60 is only 6.83 so he should have alot of upside due to his age and
the fact that he needs to add alot of strength. Very nice time for this young german sprinter.

14909220.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have the 2023 NCAA National Championships of Track & Field this week. The 2 stars we will most be watching the races
closely are Cole Beck and Matthew Boling.

Cole Beck is in the 100 meters after running his scorching new personal best of 10.05

Matthew Boling will be in the 200 meters and I'm hoping he can do what he did at he NCAA Indoor Champs!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young german sprinter to watch in the coming years is Heiko Gussmann who just ran a 10.34 for the fastest time in
his age group in Europe so far. HIs personal best time over 60 is only 6.83 so he should have alot of upside due to his age and
the fact that he needs to add alot of strength. Very nice time for this young german sprinter.

14909220.jpg

Here is the then 18 year old Heiko Gussmann indoor finishing 2nd. His start was not good but his speed endurance is amazing. It's
no wonder he has already run a time of 10.34 :) He did turn 19 a couple of months ago but he will be fun to watch on the track!

mqdefault.jpg

Leichathletik.de

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck blazes to his first Sub 10 wind legal. Congrats as he is only the 2nd American Born White Sprinter to achieve this! Congrats.

9.97! :flamethrower2:

SNG03348_csQ1m.jpg

freedom1

Mentor
Fantastic news and great picture. Do you guys know what position he played when he was in football?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fantastic news and great picture. Do you guys know what position he played when he was in football?
Wide Receiver and even though the Virgina Tech Football Team has not been fair to him, he will be in the NFL Draft next April.

The track side of me wants him to stay a sprinter but at his older age why not try the nfl. If it doesn't work out he can come back
to track. Imagine any cornerback trying to cover him. Forget about it! He would easily be the fastest player in the NFL!

freedom1

Mentor
Wide Receiver and even though the Virgina Tech Football Team has not been fair to him, he will be in the NFL Draft next April.

The track side of me wants him to stay a sprinter but at his older age why not try the nfl. If it doesn't work out he can come back
to track. Imagine any cornerback trying to cover him. Forget about it! He would easily be the fastest player in the NFL!
Yeah man, I was thinking the same thing. No one in the NFL is as fast as him. If he can do a few moves and catch a football, you'd think NFL teams would be all over him. Of course, he does have the wrong skin color.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck is officially faster now than Matthew Boling.

That is because he has a real coach that know's that you don't have your guy quit running the short sprints. Not racing the 60 meters
all indoor season was the fate that sealed Boling outdoors over 100 and his struggles in the 200 were not much better. Speed Work
is necessary to any 100/200 meter sprinter. They are training him too much like a 400/800 guy for strength.

That being said I think he will run here in a few minutes in the Mens 200 Meters Semi Finals. Good luck Matthew Boling!

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck blazes to his first Sub 10 wind legal. Congrats as he is only the 2nd American Born White Sprinter to achieve this! Congrats.

9.97! :flamethrower2:

SNG03348_csQ1m.jpg
He is seriously jacked in another thread people were saying he is draft eligible, in the past a guy like him would be drafted as an athlete. Now he could be a free agent flyer type similar to Devon Allen he has serious speed and is sturdier than Allen.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling with 20.25 and Kresley with a 20.26. This is so sad! Even worse neither of them will
make the 200 meters finals. Boling missed by 1/100th of a second and Kresley by 2/100ths.

freedom1

Mentor
He is still under performing. I don't see Cole Beck being on Matthew's level genetically. It's starting to remind me of the Christophe Lemaitre situation.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is still under performing. I don't see Cole Beck being on Matthew's level genetically. It's starting to remind me of the Christophe Lemaitre situation.

I 100 percent agree. With the right coaching I see 9.80's and 19.80's at the minimum. I'm being serious

After a devastating senior season of running high school times he has to reinvent himself. He was faster in high school.
Who he hires as his professional coach will determine if he ever makes an Olympics or World Champs in the future.

Yes both Boling and Lemaitre fell off very quickly. I hope Boling turns pro and gets his swagger & confidence back! He
looks like he is not there mentally or physically. It makes me sick to my stomach to see this young phenom running like this!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
What I find very telling is that in Boling's heat, 4 out of the top 5 finishers set PBs (personal bests).
Boling was the only one who did not.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What I find very telling is that in Boling's heat, 4 out of the top 5 finishers set PBs (personal bests).
Boling was the only one who did not.

Yes many coach's know how to have their sprinter OUTDOORS time their peak. That is what coach's are for. Guess Boling
and Kressley's Coach's seem to have forgot this most important aspect of coaching.

It's All Good jacknyc. Even though we are sad WE are equally pumped for Cole Beck! What a legend this man is. It's
time to update the All Time US 100 Meters List when you have time brother. Thanks and let's hope Beck goes faster
in the finals. A 9.95 would be even better and he has it in him with his current form.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck 9.97 +1.3 :coleman:

Cole Beck is as one of only three men in the Nation to clock a sub-9.90 this season (9.87). He is also the first Hokie in program history to break the 10-second barrier! Beck broke his own school record of 10.05 which he set a few weeks ago.

2002_Beck_C_23TR_ncaao2_RH_1845.jpg

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
great effort by Beck - that little list keeps slowly growing
(c'mon Browning - grab a decent tailwind on a 28C day and grab your own 9.97 and place on the list)