2023 NFL Week 15

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey is having a huge day! He scored his third touchdown of the day and is up to 88 yards rushing to go along with the 72 yards receiving. How is this man not considered the league MVP?

As happy as I am to see Browning, Minshew and Flacco succeed off the bench, I really hope they don't keep Josh Allen out of the playoffs. The Bills look like the 2nd best team in the AFC right now, and maybe the only real challenger to the Ravens. They could win out and still miss.

Warhawk_46

Master
As happy as I am to see Browning, Minshew and Flacco succeed off the bench, I really hope they don't keep Josh Allen out of the playoffs. The Bills look like the 2nd best team in the AFC right now, and maybe the only real challenger to the Ravens. They could win out and still miss.
Agreed, Bill have been inconsistent this year but seem to be rounding into form. Allen has been fantastic of late.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Good point. Dolphins have a harder remaining schedule including a matchup with Buffalo in the final week of the season. I think the Dolphins play well against bad teams but don't show up when facing the better teams in the league. The Eagles and Cowboys are similar in that regard.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think what might be lost in the 49ers dominance on offense is that their defense has been less than stellar lately. The Cardinals have already rushed for more than 200 yards on them. Most of that damage is straight up the middle. Where are the linebackers and safety?

TwentyTwo

Master
CMC 18 carries 115 yards Rushing & TD + 5 Receptions 72 yards Receiving 2 TD's
He can call it a day up 42 - 22! Messing with his knee on sidelines earlier

Walk-on Mentality = Dirty White Boy attitude!

Brock Purdy 4 TDs! What a back shoulder throw/ nice catch Debo!

Pending a stellar performance from Lamar tonight, Purdy should be the odds-on favorite to win MVP after today. CMAC could also leapfrog Tyreek Hill for OPOY, especially if he misses more time. He and Cooper Kupp would be the only white non-QBs to win the award.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Manlet with INT #2 today. Darnold in at QB.

Kyle Allen in now for Buffalo in that blowout.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I agree. I would love to see the Bills make a run at a Super Bowl. It's long over due and Josh Allen is a legitimate superstar. My main
complaint with Buffalo is that they won't play Isabella. Why go get a guy that talented only to never play him. Andy Isabella deserves
far better than being on a stupid practice squad.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I kinda wish CMC got more TDs on the ground - if only because I'd prefer him to be a rare non-QB to actually win the MVP - as his two passes helped his biggest rival, Purdy.

What a nice catch by Juice! Second today.

TwentyTwo

Master
Hunter Luepke converts a first down on a super rare touch. For all the bs about Luepke being McCarthy's new John Kuhn, Kuhn was a bellcow back compared to how little Hunter has been used.
Hope they don't do Luepke the same way. John Kuhn really didn't start getting carrying the ball until his 5th season ( 84 carries/just over 5 per game); previous 3 seasons w Packers Kuhn only had 16 carries ! As a Rookie w Steelers he never ran the ball once.

Hopefully Luepke won't have to wait that long.....but as of now it is frustrating to watch the Cowboys for sure!
The average dwf might be surprised to see what Luepke could do with 10-15 carries per game+a few catches

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I kinda wish CMC got more TDs on the ground - if only because I'd prefer him to be a rare non-QB to actually win the MVP - as his two passes helped his biggest rival, Purdy.
Is it possible that Purdy loses some MVP votes to CMC, and CMC loses some votes to Purdy, and someone else slides by them both to win the MVP? I'm not quite sure how MVP voting works.

Warhawk_46

Master
Is it possible that Purdy loses some MVP votes to CMC, and CMC loses some votes to Purdy, and someone else slides by them both to win the MVP? I'm not quite sure how MVP voting works.
Entirely plausible. As their coach said, he doesn’t want one to cancel the other out. But theoretically, yes they will do so. Same with Miami and Hill and Tua. As we could see, Miami continued to roll without Hill today.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I mean it could happen. At this point, CMC is a frontrunner between non-QBs which still makes him a longshot. Last winner that wasn't a quarterback was AP back in 2012 and he had 13 total TDs and 2300 total yards, which will be eclipsed by Christian most likely (and possibly in 16 games, too). "The Problem" is that Purdy is a great story and also very deserving. I put it in quotes as it would still be great but we have plenty of great QBs and haven't had a player like McCaffrey since, well, maybe ever.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Entirely plausible. As their coach said, he doesn’t want one to cancel the other out. But theoretically, yes they will do so. Same with Miami and Hill and Tua. As we could see, Miami continued to roll without Hill today.
Doubtful. As the consensus has been the MVP is between Prescott and Purdy and Purdy moves ahead with the win today and the Prescott led Dallas loss. For what it's worth, Gronkowski said on the OT Fox wrap up show that the MVP should be Christian McCaffrey. I could see Purdy and CMAC 1-2 in the final voting if the 49ers win out.
If it were up to me, I would split the MVP and have two winners: McCaffrey/Purdy. It's really that close as to who is the MVP between these two.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yeah really. I wonder what the deal is?

I initially got into the NFL draft as a hobby with the 2004 draft - the Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberger draft. I've followed it pretty closely for 20 years now and the longer I follow it the more I realize the "experts" whether it be NFL GMs, scouts, personnel department, media talking heads or other amatuer self anointed "experts" the only real take away I have is they are clueless and make incorrect decisions probably 75% of the time. There have been surefire players that come into the league and are easy to identify but that isn't what makes up the 250+ players that come into the league every year via the draft.

Early on when following the draft I thought all the mistakes were more "paralysis by analysis". That really didn't stick with me as a theory by the 2006 draft though when I came across this site and was able to connect the dots. Attitude and aptitude are placed very far down on the list of perceived important traits. I will say I do not think Young as an attitude or aptitude problem, his issue is his actual physical ability which is what the caste system supposedly puts stock into - "upside". It's why the Jaguars skipped out on Hutchison for a less productive black player - "upside". Murray on the other hand certainly had issues with attitude/aptitude along with being less impressive physically and once his mobility is gone he will not be able to see over linemen that are a foot or more taller than he is. Of course you can bring up many cases at every position, countless examples of it. I feel like I repeat myself on here alot with this topic but it's just so obvious to me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Doubtful. As the consensus has been the MVP is between Prescott and Purdy and Purdy moves ahead with the win today and the Prescott led Dallas loss. For what it's worth, Gronkowski said on the OT Fox wrap up show that the MVP should be Christian McCaffrey. I could see Purdy and CMAC 1-2 in the final voting if the 49ers win out.
If it were up to me, I would split the MVP and have two winners: McCaffrey/Purdy. It's really that close as to who is the MVP between these two.
Purdy being the MVP just a year after being "Mr. Irrelevant" is the strongest rebuke possible to the pathetic NFL plantation owners and the entire false narrative that undergirds the NFL and the Caste System and its enabling media.

Kaptain

Master
When you consider that just in 2012 Adrian Peterson won the MVP with just over 2,000 yards rushing (not a record) but just 12 tds and hardly any receiving yards, CMC should have always been considered a MVP candidate this year. Peterson won it over a prime Rodgers, Brady, and Manning in a landslide. All three of those QBs had better records than the Vikings, threw for almost 5,000 yards amd almost 40 tds. CMC has a lot more tds than AP and a lot more total yards. AP did nothing historic whereas CMC tied an all time NFL record with his TD streak. And it's not just about "it's a QB award". It wasn't in 2012 and many people this year were touting HIll as serious MVP candidate - again with TDs and less total yards than McCaffrey. HIll just a week ago was a 10-1 betting favorite whereas McCaffrey was sitting at 40-1. Makes no sesne unless you follow castefootball.