2023 NFL Week 15

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers o-line and d-line both being utterly dominated by the Colts. And they've had over 100 yards in penalties, mostly from holds by their sumos. But, but, but Tomlin has never had a losing season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tomlin scapegoats Trubisky by putting in Mason Rudolph with two minutes left and the Steelers trailing 27-13. Just like The Genius did to Mac Jones by putting in Bailey Zappe with two minutes left a couple weeks ago. Zappe promptly threw a pick, Rudolph did nothing and the Steelers turned it over on downs.

The Colts ran the ball down the Steelers' throat using the bust Trey Sermon and someone signed off the practice squad after Zak Moss was injured. They have the highest paid defense in the league yet were helpless to stop Indy's running game. The o-line is wretched (again). The whole team is a mess. After somehow starting off 7-4 yet never looking like a good team they're now 7-7. Will Tomlin's sacred mark of never having a losing season squeak by yet again?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Steelers o-line and d-line both being utterly dominated by the Colts. And they've had over 100 yards in penalties, mostly from holds by their sumos. But, but, but Tomlin has never had a losing season.

Just saw Mason Rudolph get sacked. Zero protection. Game is determined in the trenches and it's obvious the Steelers o-line is a huge issue to those of us that don't just blame White QBs.

Warhawk_46

Master
It continually amazes me these teams trot out such horrendous offensive lines. They are literally the key to a team’s offensive success. More than the QB, WR and any other position. It ALL starts up front.

Curiously, offensive line play has gotten worse and worse the blacker the lines becomes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It continually amazes me these teams trot out such horrendous offensive lines. They are literally the key to a team’s offensive success. More than the QB, WR and any other position. It ALL starts up front.

Curiously, offensive line play has gotten worse and worse the blacker the lines becomes.

I also think offensive line play has gotten worse as the NFL draft cottage industry has expanded over the past 15-20 years. So much emphasis on the draft is now based on individual players and measurables. That is what gets the clicks - long arms and overweight black guys running sub 5 40s. This is due to the whole NFL draft culture that permeates online especially as social media has gotten much more prevalent. The NFL uses the draft/combine as an entertainment experience to gauge the interest of the typical clueless fan and I the league/personnel departments all buy into it. The over emphasis on many times what are arbitrary measurables are a huge reason for offensive line play decline. Poor coaching is part of it too. There honestly have not been too many dominate offensive line units I can think of in recent NFL history (the Eagles this year are good). The Broncos, Patriots and Packers all had very good dominant o-lines for extended periods.

Most teams are all in on the Giants offensive line method - draft 2 black sumos in top 10 only to have them both be huge liabilities and busts. This is the modern NFL.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pickens rarely gets separation. He's often referred to as having Randy Moss like talent but he's not remotely as talented as Moss was. It was clear from his behavior at Georgia that the Steelers had drafted yet another "NFL ready" prima donna/bonehead receiver.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Denver Detroit game features a ton of white players, especially on the defenses which is especially strange. That said, LaPorta just had a really nice 18 yard catch and run for the Lions' first touchdown.

Warhawk_46

Master
Denver Detroit game features a ton of white players, especially on the defenses which is especially strange. That said, LaPorta just had a really nice 18 yard catch and run for the Lions' first touchdown.
I tell you there is a running back from the Denver area that the Broncos sure could use: Max Borghi.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
At the end of the game I saw LaPorta, Moss and Campbell meet up on the field. It was a cool shot seeing all 3 Iowa guys and former teammates together.

Moss of course is getting the Sean Payton Mike Hass caste treatment.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Pretty cool that 3 of the top 4 (sorry Andrews but I’m excluding you due to injury) tight ends in the NFL are from Iowa. Kittle, Hockenson and LaPorta. TE U!!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm saddled with the Panthers game until 4:00. Nate Landman Falcons UDFA makes big 4th down stop. Announcer called him a missile.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Landman was sitting at 78 tackles last i checked, he should clear 100 easily on the season!

woody39

Mentor
Touchdown Hunter Henry from Zappe 16 yards 7 each Patriots against the Chiefs. His 3rd in 2 games and 6 for 57 yards so far midway through 2 quarter.

woody39

Mentor
5 tackles for Leo chenal for the Chiefs and a sack for Tranquil so far. Plenty of our guys shining in the Patriots Chiefs game so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Zach Sieler with a fumble recovery and a sack, so under-rated

woody39

Mentor
Second touchdown for Henry from Zappe disallowed for holding on Conor McDermott on the o line settled for field goal. Zappe is looking good today and he loves throwing to Hunter Henry since he has been starter.

woody39

Mentor
31 yarder for reciever Watson for the Chiefs. He is an excellent deep threat for them, as I said a good number of productive whiteys on display in this one