2023 NFL Week 13

backrow

Hall of Famer
Crickets for Thursday Night Football!

It was slim pickings indeed. Jake Ferguson had 6 catches for 77 yards and a game deciding TD, Hunter Luepke had 15 yards kickoff return - haven't seen it so no idea where they kicked it to and Jake Bobo had one 9 yard catch.

I'm very much looking forward to NFC final this Sunday. I hope Niners win and CMC has a great game along with Kittle, Purdy, Juszczyk and Bosa. I want Eagles and their system QB playing behind an amazing OL to come crashing to the ground.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Ferguson and a buncha affletes.

Seattle has a 4/5 Sumo OL.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I watched the 1st half and literally all there was to cheer for was Ferg. Once again not impressed with NFL Defenses. 95 percent of DBs suck too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ferguson and a buncha affletes.

Seattle has a 4/5 Sumo OL.
Jamal Adams apparently tries to "shame" the family of a reporter who posted video of Adams being badly beaten by Ferguson for the game winning touchdown. Several weeks ago this way overpaid, perpetually injured loser made a "triumphant" return from an injury only to concuss himself on one of the first plays of the game by throwing himself at the legs of a ball carrier instead of making a form tackle. Yet another "high-character" member of the NFL: https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...-classless-attempt-to-shame-reporters-family/

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Jamal Adams apparently tries to "shame" the family of a reporter who posted video of Adams being badly beaten by Ferguson for the game winning touchdown. Several weeks ago this way overpaid, perpetually injured loser made a "triumphant" return from an injury only to concuss himself on one of the first plays of the game by throwing himself at the legs of a ball carrier instead of making a form tackle. Yet another "high-character" member of the NFL: https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...-classless-attempt-to-shame-reporters-family/
Black Fragility! A black I played hs ball with punched a buddy of mine, because i juked the hell out of him and he didn’t like getting made fun of. Ah public schools.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I wasn't able to watch the NBA on turf game Thursday as I had things to do and places to go. I did tune in on ESPN sports radio for a few brief stretches and deduced that both defenses were challenged. After the game and then next day all I saw and heard was that Dak should simply be given the MVP right now. Why? Because he was able to have a good performance against a not very good Seahawks D? And that he's been good against the bad teams that he's faced? How about the games against good teams where he stunk?

Fortunately, the Cowboys do play a couple of good teams to finish out the season and playoffs and we'll see the real Dak.

woody39

Mentor
Looking forward to todays slate of games!

Big test for the 49ers and huge caste match up against the good 10 and 1 Eagles. Be great to see McCaffrey, Kittle and Purdy put them and Hurts in their place, although keeping Hurts quiet will be hard.

Lions and their pro white defense face Carr and the Saints. Shame that Anzalone is out but expect Jack Campbell to step.up to every down to cover. Hopefully Goff can cut down on the interceptions and he and LaPorta can carry on their great connection.

Have a soft spot for Minshew so entertaining be good to see them stay in the playoff hunt against the Titans!

My Patriots are up against the Chargers. Bailey Zappe is starting for us and had the week to prepare hoping he puts on a show with Henry and Gesicki but been such a struggle don't know if we will keep pace with Herberts offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lions and their pro white defense face Carr and the Saints. Shame that Anzalone is out but expect Jack Campbell to step.up to every down to cover. Hopefully Goff can cut down on the interceptions and he and LaPorta can carry on their great connection.
Campbell will be wearing the green dot with Anzalone out, which means he'll be calling the defensive plays. Anzalone shouldn't be out that long, he's become pretty durable in recent years after being injury prone all through college and his early years in the NFL, so this is a great opportunity for Campbell to step up with full-time usage for the first time in his rookie year.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I wasn't able to watch the NBA on turf game Thursday as I had things to do and places to go. I did tune in on ESPN sports radio for a few brief stretches and deduced that both defenses were challenged. After the game and then next day all I saw and heard was that Dak should simply be given the MVP right now. Why? Because he was able to have a good performance against a not very good Seahawks D? And that he's been good against the bad teams that he's faced? How about the games against good teams where he stunk?

Fortunately, the Cowboys do play a couple of good teams to finish out the season and playoffs and we'll see the real Dak.
The Seahawks were the first team that the Cowboys beat with a winning record this year. At 6-5 at the time, they were barely even that. Their big lopsided wins came against the league punching bags like the Giants, Jets, Patriots, Panthers and Redskins. They also lost to the tanking Cardinals. Their only good loss was to the Eagles and the other ugly loss was a blowout vs the 49ers. They are total pretenders at the moment and no serious sports journalist should even consider Dak for MVP.

woody39

Mentor
Campbell will be wearing the green dot with Anzalone out, which means he'll be calling the defensive plays. Anzalone shouldn't be out that long, he's become pretty durable in recent years after being injury prone all through college and his early years in the NFL, so this is a great opportunity for Campbell to step up with full-time usage for the first time in his rookie year.
Hopefully Campbell joins Anzalone as a three down player as he has been coming out on third down in his rookie year. This could be the chance like you said fingers crossed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Blake Martinez is a healthy scratch again for the Steelers. What, did he show up weighing 300 pounds and can't run 40 yards without needing oxygen? Meantime the Steelers recently signed another ILB off the street, Mychal Walker, who like Martinez hadn't played all season and immediately plugged him into their starting lineup.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Big test for the 49ers and huge caste match up against the good 10 and 1 Eagles. Be great to see McCaffrey, Kittle and Purdy put them and Hurts in their place, although keeping Hurts quiet will be hard.

Have a soft spot for Minshew so entertaining be good to see them stay in the playoff hunt against the Titans!

My Patriots are up against the Chargers. Bailey Zappe is starting for us and had the week to prepare hoping he puts on a show with Henry and Gesicki but been such a struggle don't know if we will keep pace with Herberts offense.

@woody39 - I say this with all due respect my friend - I think the best advice would be to stop supporting the Patriots. The Pats dynasty is long over, they stopped defying caste logic in the latter years of the Brady era and turned against everything that made the team successful. I certainly hope Zappe plays well (he was a poor choice of a pick when the Pats had so many other needs but that is a trademark of the Belichek drafting methodology). Herbert is also in a bad situation with a terrible head coach/gm combination that have not been able to make logical personnel moves in free agency or the draft.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Same here woody! I get to watch the Lions/Saints with Hutch and Campbell and Hill/Saints. Hopefully Taysom gets an ample amount of touches. Then there's the 49ers/Eagles which will be televised locally. Obviously, pulling for the Niners and McCaffrey and Co.

chris371

Mentor
Yeah preach! I was a pats Fan from the days of Bruschi, Vrable, Evans up to Gronkowski times. They were a staple of joy. Since Brady and Gronk left I lost all interest. I like the 49ers and Rams (again- remember Mike Furrey?).

Ive like certain players and coaches for how they play and what they represent, Ive never understood being a Fan of a Corporation.

El Gringo

Mentor

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Goff to LaPorta, Lions already up 14-0 after a pick of Carr.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It hasn't been the type of year we all wanted for Alec Pierce but good to see him going in the right direction. To be fair the musical qb situation doesn't help any of the Colts Receivers so that also may have been a slight factor in him not having more receptions.

He''s off to a great start today. Let's hope he can get a 100 yard game.! That would be quite the confidence builder.

woody39

Mentor
@woody39 - I say this with all due respect my friend - I think the best advice would be to stop supporting the Patriots. The Pats dynasty is long over, they stopped defying caste logic in the latter years of the Brady era and turned against everything that made the team successful. I certainly hope Zappe plays well (he was a poor choice of a pick when the Pats had so many other needs but that is a trademark of the Belichek drafting methodology). Herbert is also in a bad situation with a terrible head coach/gm combination that have not been able to make logical personnel moves in free agency or the draft.
I must admit I do like the 49ers at the moment, been a Pats fan for twenty years but certainly lacking enthusiasm now.

Love McCaffrey and the story of Purdy is awesome.

Also enjoy watching the Chiefs actually plenty to root for from a caste perspective this year and do like Mahomes to be honest.

Started to become more of a fan of our white players and what benefits the cause than the Patriots past two or three years but always will have a soft spot for the Patriots I guess.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It hasn't been the type of year we all wanted for Alec Pierce but good to see him going in the right direction. To be fair the musical qb situation doesn't help any of the Colts Receivers so that also may have been a slight factor in him not having more receptions.

He''s off to a great start today. Let's hope he can get a 100 yard game.! That would be quite the confidence builder.
No question Pierce was pushed to the background this season but at least Minshew has been throwing to him more of late. Richardson supposedly had a great deep ball connection with Pierce in training camp but it never materialized once the season started.