2023 NFL Week 10

ximasa

Guru
Nate Landman, LB with a pick on Murray!

Saw one stat grading year 2 defenders, Hutchinson, Blackenship, and Landman made the top 5. There's at least 100 defence team guys get drafted every year I believe, and there are 2 UDFA made the top 5...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Saw one stat grading year 2 defenders, Hutchinson, Blackenship, and Landman made the top 5. There's at least 100 defence team guys get drafted every year I believe, and there are 2 UDFA made the top 5...
Good post, the stats are undeniable that support our position.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
When Carr was struggling ; started a Thread on Saints board ..."they need to give Taysom a Series" ...Got All Upvotes
Many are complaining abt OC Pete CArmichael & Dennis Allen and the play-calling.

TJ Hockenson finished with 11 receptions 134 yards & TD

How did the Bengals blow it?? Friend just txt me!

The NFL hasn't evolved ; it's devolving. Plenty backyard/sandlot type stuff.

Totally agree. I was watching some of the Florida - LSU game last night and just observing how Graham Mertz looks like a different QB than during his time with Wisconsin. It's because he is playing in a completely different offense, probably the same offense he was in high school. He struggled with the pro style offense - lining up under center at Wisconsin but looks like a totally different player. It's the spread offense in shotgun formation a vast majority of the time. It's easier to play in this offense, the verbiage is different and the reads are different. Credit to Mertz for at least excelling in the offense (I am happy for him, his draft stock has improved and he is a better actual QB than his predecessor at Florida) he is familiar with but it just goes to show how a vast majority of college teams are adapting the easiest offensive style possible and those elements are creeping up into the NFL.

There really seem to be no more timing based offenses - no 3, 5 or 7 step drops and out with the ball. The routes still exist but the QB mechanics, timing, reading of the defense are not at all the same. The QB typically gets the ball in shotgun makes his first read and if that is not there the play breaks down into sandlot football. Intelligence, accuracy, mastery of the playbook are no longer traits needed at QB like they were 15 years ago. Of course these changes were only made possible due to the league constantly manipulating the rules over the past 20 or so years. I think we can all agree the game has severely eroded in quality of players and play since the mid 2000s.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lions - Chargers game with two great White QBs actually lives up to a quality game.

Staley sucks as a head coach and the Chargers GM blows too! Wasting Herbert's elite talents.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I accidentally briefly saw Fox's post-game coverage and the host (black of course, it would be crime against the Great Replacement if he wasn't) was treating Terry Bradshaw as if he was a young child. Whatever it takes to keep getting those paychecks, Terry.

Warhawk_46

Master
TD reception by Scottie Miller! He should have been heavily involved all season but Ridder wasn't capable of throwing to him while Heinicke is.
He could have been a star, I truly believe that. He is one of the handful of fastest guys in the league, no matter what skin color. He and Isabella would light up scoreboards.

Warhawk_46

Master
I would say Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson are the two best black QBs since Warren Moon, which was a long long long time ago. Wilson has gone downhill quickly the past two seasons and now seems washed up or close to it. Prescott is now a pocket QB and has ups and downs but is overall still solid. But he's only 30 years old, which is semi-ancient for a black quarterback but young for a White one. We'll see if either or any of the onslaught of black quarterbacks in recent years have the stamina and endurance that all great White quarterbacks have.
That is the thing with black quarterbacks. They often start strong and fade quickly. I think Hurts will have staying power. Ditto for Mahomes (only 25% black) who plays a style that will portend long-term success.

TwentyTwo

Master
The Ravens have an undrafted free agent at RB named Keaton Mitchell who is far better than any of their other backs, including the permanently injured K. J. Dobbins. He began getting touches last week and this week and looks like the best running back in the league other than C-Mac of course. But remember, there's only one White RB every generation or so who is good enough to get an opportunity in the Caste NFL.
I have started bringing this up more in conversation. In a Nation of over 300 million there is ONLY ONE White RB Starting in the NFL out of 32 teams. Oh yeah and he just happens to lead the NFL in Rushing! What are the chances?? Eyebrows do get raised!

TwentyTwo

Master
Good post, the stats are undeniable that support our position.
That's impressive! Reed Blankenship was one of my all time undrafted snubs . Landman's knee injury really messed him up' glad he was able to bounce back!

More support for our position ....A graphic shown recently for NFL Defensive Player of the Year had 4 candidates shown on the TV screen....
Maxx Crosby was in the lead; ahead of TJ Watt ; Myles Garrett & Micah Parsons. 2 of the Top 4 not bad when considering Defense's seem to be close to 85/15%.

STRONG day from the Iowa Hawkeyes aka " Tight End U"
TJ Hockenson ....11 rec 134 yards & TD
George Kittle ....3 rec 116 yards & TD
Sam LaPorta ...4 rec 40 yards

And Trey McBride (Colorado St) had a big game today too ...8 rec 131 yards

Last edited:

Snow Plow

Mentor
Positives for the day:

I may have missed some, but doing this on a phone!

Dalton Schulz 4-71
Blake Cashman 6 tackles
Trent Irwin 2-54 and a TD
Tanner Hudson 6-33
Joe Burrow 27-40 347 2 TDs
Logan Wilson 5 tackles and 0.5 sacks
Trey Hendrickson 4 tackles and 0.5 sacks
Luke Musgrave 2-64
Lukas Van Ness 3 tackles and a TFL
TJ Watt 8 tackles and a sack
Kyle Phillips 3-61 and leading pass catcher
Baker Mayfield 18-29 278 and 2 TDs
Christian McCaffery 140+ total yards
Kyle JUSZCZYK 2-26 and a TD
George Kittle 3-116 and a TD
Brock Purdy 19-26 296 and 3 TDs
Nick Bosa 1.5 sacks and A PD
Andrew Wingard 7 tackles
Pete Werner 6 tackles and a TFL
Brian Breese 1 tackle and a TFL
TJ Hockenson 11-134 and a TD
Harrison Phillips and Smith with 5 tackles each
Scotty Miller with a 2 yard TD
Kaden Ellis with 11 tackles and a sack
Nate Landman 8 tackles and a sack
Trey McBride 8-131
Dennis Gardeck 5 tackles and a sack
Jared Goff 23-33 333 and 2 TDs
Sam LaPorta 4-40
Alex Anzalone 9 tackles
Jack Campbell 5 tackles
Aidan Hutchinson 3 tackles, 3 QB hits and multiple pressures
Justin Herbert 27-40 323 and 4 TDs
Jake Ferguson 4-26 and a TD
Micah McFadden 6 tackles and a TFL
Sam Howell 29-44 312 and 3 TDs
Jake Bobo 2-13
Nick Bellore 3 tackles

jphoss

Mentor
Spillane makes play of year so far for the raiders picking off wilson to win it for them

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Spillane makes play of year so far for the raiders picking off wilson to win it for them
Spillane has been in the top 5% of linebackers this year, yet the Steelers just let him walk. Bad for them but good for Robert, as they always jerked around his snap count anyway.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Spillane has been in the top 5% of linebackers this year, yet the Steelers just let him walk. Bad for them but good for Robert, as they always jerked around his snap count anyway.

Steelers could have kept him around for a White man discount and signed Holcombe too. I just saw that the other ILB for the Steelers Kwon Alexander suffered a season ending injury as well.

Love seeing Spillane succeed given an extended role. His pick 6 of Lamar Jackson is one of my favorite more recent White highlights.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As I've written about on numerous occasions, the abuse given Spillane while he was in Pittsburgh was unbelivable even for the media and DWFs. The talking point spewed over and over was that Spillane didn't belong on an NFL team and it was symbolic of just how far the Steelers had fallen on defense that they would play Spillane even part time. And everyone's so Steeler-centric in the area (other than perhaps some fantasy fans) that I doubt they've noticed his success with the Raiders, but it's been great to see.

El Gringo

Mentor
As I've written about on numerous occasions, the abuse given Spillane while he was in Pittsburgh was unbelivable even for the media and DWFs. The talking point spewed over and over was that Spillane didn't belong on an NFL team and it was symbolic of just how far the Steelers had fallen on defense that they would play Spillane even part time. And everyone's so Steeler-centric in the area (other than perhaps some fantasy fans) that I doubt they've noticed his success with the Raiders, but it's been great to see.

I know that this video has been posted many times, but for this hit alone, Spillaine should’ve been beloved by the Steelers fans. He completely stonewalled future Hall of Famer, Derrick Henry one on one at the goal line. I doubt anybody could come up with a better hit on Henry than this one. Henry outweighed him by at least 20lbs. MEDIA=youtube]sgp8OSkapHY[/MEDIA]

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Bills with just five White starters in this one -- Allen, Kincaid and 3 linemen.

The Broncos with four White starters just on defense and another six on offense if you count FB Burton. Drew Sanders was listed as a starter, hopefully he sees significant snaps along with the dynamic duo of Singleton and Jewell.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Bills with just five White starters in this one -- Allen, Kincaid and 3 linemen.

The Broncos with four White starters just on defense and another six on offense if you count FB Burton. Drew Sanders was listed as a starter, hopefully he sees significant snaps along with the dynamic duo of Singleton and Jewell.

It's a shame Isabella rots on the practice squad. NFL is getting so much harder to watch now, it's essentially morphing into the NBA.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DirecTV's description for this game reads "Von Miller and the Bills host the Broncos." Not Josh Allen, but Von Miller, he of the sparkling 1 tackle and 0 sacks through five games in 2023.