2023 NFL Conference Championship Games

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mahomes has a good offensive line. Yes he can scramble around as he is shifty but not very fast. Just good at making people miss when
the Oline breaks down a little. The majority of time he has great protection and Pacheco is a very good running back. Chiefs making it
look easy.

Ravens need to make some adjustments on defense because they won't win a high scoring shootout most likely.

Mahomes has a good offensive line. Yes he can scramble around as he is shifty but not very fast. Just good at making people miss when
the Oline breaks down a little. The majority of time he has great protection and Pacheco is a very good running back. Chiefs making it
look easy.

Ravens need to make some adjustments on defense because they won't win a high scoring shootout most likely.
Yep. The Ravens defense are not holding up at all. I’m a bit surprised.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I understand the reason some of you guys are rooting for the Ravens but I find it misguided. The Ravens are black America’s team. The are filled with thuggish blacks, “play black”, represent a black city and even wear black uniforms. Jackson is the prototypical black QB, who runs first, and a Super Bowl would just solidify the push for more headless chicken QBs to get shoehorned into the league. Mahomes “plays White”. Sure another Super Bowl will lead to him being called an all time great (which I honestly don’t mind), but it won’t directly lead to more black QBs because most don’t play like him. The Chiefs are by far the lesser of two evils and I’ll be rooting for the Lions or 49ers super hard either way.

To each their own but I honestly don’t see any logic in it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I understand the reason some of you guys are rooting for the Ravens but I find it misguided. The Ravens are black America’s team. The are filled with thuggish blacks, “play black”, represent a black city and even wear black uniforms. Jackson is the prototypical black QB, who runs first, and a Super Bowl would just solidify the push for more headless chicken QBs to get shoehorned into the league. Mahomes “plays White”. Sure another Super Bowl will lead to him being called an all time great (which I honestly don’t mind), but it won’t directly lead to more black QBs because most don’t play like him. The Chiefs are by far the lesser of two evils and I’ll be rooting for the Lions or 49ers super hard either way.

As I've posted earlier I'm rooting for the Chiefs. The fact that they have star White players on both sides of the ball is reason enough alone. Also, if the Ravens lose, then the coronation of Lamar Jackson won't happen yet again. Until he at least makes it to a Super Bowl he'll have a lot of critics and justifiably so.

Let's face it, Mahomes is an excellent quarterback and may become an all-time great. The Chiefs are in their sixth straight conference championship and if they win will be going for their third Super Bowl title in recent years. It's equivalent to what the Patriots did when they won three Super Bowls in four years and then went a long time before winning three more despite continuing to dominate their division every year. The Chiefs have a very impressive dynasty going and with no shortage of White players to root for for an NFL team. Mahomes has already proven himself whether they win or lose today, so keeping Jackson's reputation as a playoff choker going is another reason I'm rooting for KC.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
As I've posted earlier I'm rooting for the Chiefs. The fact that they have star White players on both sides of the ball is reason enough alone. Also, if the Ravens lose, then the coronation of Lamar Jackson won't happen yet again. Until he at least makes it to a Super Bowl he'll have a lot of critics and justifiably so.

Let's face it, Mahomes is an excellent quarterback and may become an all-time great. The Chiefs are in their sixth straight conference championship and if they win will be going for their third Super Bowl title in recent years. It's equivalent to what the Patriots did when they won three Super Bowls in four years and then went a long time before winning three more despite continuing to dominate their division every year. The Chiefs have a very impressive dynasty going and with no shortage of White players to root for for an NFL team. Mahomes has already proven himself whether they win or lose today, so keeping Jackson's reputation as a playoff choker going is another reason I'm rooting for KC.
Well said Don. We’re on the same page.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Mahomes has already proven himself whether they win or lose today, so keeping Jackson's reputation as a playoff choker going is another reason I'm rooting for KC.
Yes, that's my viewpoint as well. The Mahomes narrative is already there, dont want Jackson to get any more hype. And he's looked average today...

backrow

Hall of Famer
I honestly can't fathom why would ANYONE on this site cheer for Ravens. They have one prominent white player for crying out loud... Mahomes is a mixed pocket passer, Chiefs have multiple white stars and are not as odious as Ravens.

Freethinker and Don have convinced me. Good arguments.

Doing a further risk/reward calculation the risk of what a Baltimore win in the Super Bowl could cause is greater than the reward if they lose.

I honestly can't fathom why would ANYONE on this site cheer for Ravens. They have one prominent white player for crying out loud... Mahomes is a mixed pocket passer, Chiefs have multiple white stars and are not as odious as Ravens.
I only wanted the Ravens to be beat by a much whiter team in the Super Bowl :p

Snow Plow

Mentor
Kelce passed Jerry Rice for most postseason catches. Congrats to him.

3 and 4 on the list…Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski.

The Hock

Master

That's how I see it too. I can't stand the Ravens. Harbaugh is right up there with with Plantation Pete as a caste clown. KC needs to send him home.

woody39

Mentor

Absolutely agree, we'll explained reasoning.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kelce passed Jerry Rice for most postseason catches. Congrats to him.

3 and 4 on the list…Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski.
All my life I've watched the receiving marks set by Whites be eclipsed by Blacks so it's always nice when it goes the other way, whether regular season or playoffs.

Last edited: