2023 NBA Playoffs

jphoss

Mentor
True and frankly this kids blocks would have made Bobby Jones proud!

I had the misfortune of having to watch some of the hawks versus Celtics last night while out to dinner at a place with too many tvs (wasnt my pick for dinner but whatever). The thing that struck me was how boring the play overall was. No team of individual defense just some three balls and lackadaisical rebounds Might as well be a different sport to that I grew up watching.

Pretty remarkable change.
That’s what I enjoy about the kings. Not only are a couple whites integral pieces of the team but they actually play good team basketball. I’m still trying to understand how this is possible from a mike brown coached team

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Haha good one! It’s only required for Whitey. Because we have to be good team players.

Yes you nailed it. With most blacks they want to beat the white man in everything and they call this winning. Even if they
lost the game as long as they keep whitey in his place and put us some hilites and stats they are happy.

LIke in the Movie "White Men Can't Jump". Woody Harrelson called out Wesley Snipes and said whites are team players that
will sacrifice everything for the team to get a win where they won't. All they care about it being flashy and the bling, bling.

When you see how much harder they play defense against white players than black players then you really exit the matrix.

mqdefault.jpg

WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP Clips (1992) Woody Harrelson & Wesley Snipes

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watching the Kings blow a 2-0 lead to the Warriors was not fun. It's now 2-2 after another heartbreaking loss. The biggest
thing I notice is that it's a one man show. Fox is a very good player but it's all one on one. No ball movement. Even the
Warriors know to win championships you must share the ball. They put on a passing clinic every game and regurally have
3 guards who score 20 points or more a game. That is very hard for any team to defend.

So the Kings need to go back to team basketball. It's what got them there. Sabonis had 1 shot in the 4th quarter. Only watched the
2nd half so I'm guessing Kevin Huerter was hurt or the coach just didn't play him. Not sure but get back to passing the ball or they will
lose in the first round.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Watching the Kings blow a 2-0 lead to the Warriors was not fun. It's now 2-2 after another heartbreaking loss. The biggest
thing I notice is that it's a one man show. Fox is a very good player but it's all one on one. No ball movement. Even the
Warriors know to win championships you must share the ball. They put on a passing clinic every game and regurally have
3 guards who score 20 points or more a game. That is very hard for any team to defend.

So the Kings need to go back to team basketball. It's what got them there. Sabonis had 1 shot in the 4th quarter. Only watched the
2nd half so I'm guessing Kevin Huerter was hurt or the coach just didn't play him. Not sure but get back to passing the ball or they will
lose in the first round.
WL,
Do you think the game's outcomes were manipulated to extend the series? Or did the Kings just play poorly?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
WL,
Do you think the game's outcomes were manipulated to extend the series? Or did the Kings just play poorly?

I think that does happens somtimes but in this case I would say the Kings played like crap. They also played keep the ball away from Sabonis because that is how you lose games. Ignore your all star center! D. Fox took 31 shots. He scored 38 points but you have to have
more teammates involved. They all just stood there and watched. He was gonna shoot it no matter what that whole 2nd half.

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
I think that does happens somtimes but bit in this case I would say the Kings played like crap. They also played keep the ball away from Sabonis because that is how you lose games. Ignore your all star center! D. Fox took 31 shots. He scored 38 points but you have to have
more teammates involved. They all just stood there and watched. He was gonna shoot it no matter what that whole 2nd half.
The entire reason the kings had a record setting season on offense is precisely because they played great unselfish team ball. Fox going coon ball will cost them

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Then the Nuggest lost. They could have swept the Timberwolves but lost in overtime. Jokic had 43 points and 11 rebounds but didn't
get enough help from his team. He had 6 assists but should have had double that but guys kept missing easy shots. Not Jokic's fault.
Oh well they go back home and they will still win the series.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Miami takes a 3 to 1 lead against Milwaukee in the first round of the playoffs. The game was not worth watching. So many games
are becoming just a one man scoring machine every game. Jimmy Butler scored 50 points and while he played great the whole team
just stood around alot. The Heat won but this is not how you win alot of games. Look at Dallas. Most of the time Doncic has his biggest
games they lose. Same with every team. Yes you have your star players with the most points but it's getting too lopsided. It's not fun to
watch as a basketball fan. I hate the Warriors but they play team basketball. More teams need to play that style if they want to win
championships.

The NBA is a tough watch. Warriors vs Kings has been an entertaining series, but I'm watching the Lakers vs Memphis right now and it's just fouls, 3 pointers, and turnovers. Legitimately boring. On the plus side the Lakers have actually given Reaves a legitimate opportunity in the second half of the season, and he's made the most of it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Denver Nuggets won the first round of their playoff series 4 games to 1 for Minnesota. For any basketball fan on earth who
doesn't understand why Jokic is the BACK TO BACK NBA MVP there is a good reason. NO OTHER NBA PLAYER goes out every night
and puts up TRIPLE DOUBLES like he does. Embiid can only dream about that. Same with Giannis, Lebron and all the others. They
occasionally, rarely will get one while Jokic can average a TRIPLE DOUBLE for the WHOLE SEASON. Even in the Playoffs nothing
changes. If Nikola Jokic loses the NBA MVP this years it's a CRIME of the HIGHEST LEVEL. No other player does what Jokic does!

mqdefault.jpg

ESPN reatc to Nuggets win series over Timberwolves as Nikola Jokic's triple-double leads way in Gm 5

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Happy to see the Knicks knock the Cleveland Cavs out of the playoffs today. Not a Knicks Fan but it's great to see the overated
media procalimed superstar Donavan Mitchell and crew blown away from a team that usually doesn't even make the playoffs!
It also goes on to show the Utah was smart to get ride of this overhyped ego maniac among others and build a new team.

Looking forward to Miami vs Milwaukee tonight. Hope the Heat can win the series tonight & advnace to the 2nd round.

I'm also pumped to see the Kings vs Warriors which is the late game. It's tied up 2-2 so it's a must win for Sacramento. Hope
both Sabonis and Huerter can have huge games at home!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bucks got bounced. Didn’t watch as I had a fire and cooked out with family. Didn’t miss much! Looks like Wisconsin is sports is done for the year and it’s only April..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Kings lose at home in a must win game. Like I said the last game Fox never saw a shot he doesn't like! He was 9-25 shooting
and he is angry he didn't take more shots.. I could score 24 points with that many shots. Sabonis had 21 points on 15 shots but was
ignorred like usual by the ball hogging guards/forwards. There is no way they should have lost this game. Down 3-2 now and headed back
to Golden State for Game 6. To beat tje Warriors twice in a row is a tall task. It's possible but not with the style the Kings are playing.
They forget that team basketball is what got them into the playoffs. Just crazy that the coach can't see it or make adjustments.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
The entire reason the kings had a record setting season on offense is precisely because they played great unselfish team ball. Fox going coon ball will cost them
They can’t help themselves… all for the individual glory at expense of team glory.

Warhawk_46

Master
Bucks got bounced. Didn’t watch as I had a fire and cooked out with family. Didn’t miss much! Looks like Wisconsin is sports is done for the year and it’s only April..
The worse thing is media is blaming Grayson Allen for missing the 3pt to seal the game. Nevermind the fact that the Bucks became a two-man show (Giannis and Middleton) and went away from team ball featuring Allen, Lopez, etc.

They could have played Leonard to stifle Butler from closing to the basket.

El Gringo

Mentor
The Bucks played Matthews more minutes than Pat! When they were kicking butt this year Pat was getting 30 minutes a game.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Matthews is a dinosaur. That’s poor coaching from Coach Bud.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Huge win by the Kings. I only watched parts of it as I was busy watching the NFL Draft. However a couple of things I noticed. First
off they Warriors have been beating Sabonis like a punching bag the whole series while the refs swallow their whistles. Sabonis
had a black eye from an elbow today on a jump ball and he also had a bad cut like a boxer. Not to mention his body has been like
a blocking sled in football practice. My point is the refs are heavily favoring the Warriors with the calls on offense while ignorring
their obvious rough & dirty play on hte other end. Hence Domantas Sabonis had 7 points an 11 boards in limited minutes with
foul trouble.

On the bright side Kevin Huerter scored 12 points. Not great but he has been in the worst shooting slump of his career. That is a step
in the right direction. He may have a good game on Sunday in Game 7. It's now or never backs against the wall like today. Sad to see
they didn't play Alex Len today. Keep also hoping to see Delladova return from injury. Hopiong in the 2nd round if they make it.

A win is a win so the Kings will take it and despite the Refs, the Kings won by 19 points on the road on the Warriors Home Court. Love it!

Phall

Master
Huge win by the Kings. I only watched parts of it as I was busy watching the NFL Draft. However a couple of things I noticed. First
off they Warriors have been beating Sabonis like a punching bag the whole series while the refs swallow their whistles. Sabonis
had a black eye from an elbow today on a jump ball and he also had a bad cut like a boxer. Not to mention his body has been like
a blocking sled in football practice. My point is the refs are heavily favoring the Warriors with the calls on offense while ignorring
their obvious rough & dirty play on hte other end. Hence Domantas Sabonis had 7 points an 11 boards in limited minutes with
foul trouble.

On the bright side Kevin Huerter scored 12 points. Not great but he has been in the worst shooting slump of his career. That is a step
in the right direction. He may have a good game on Sunday in Game 7. It's now or never backs against the wall like today. Sad to see
they didn't play Alex Len today. Keep also hoping to see Delladova return from injury. Hopiong in the 2nd round if they make it.

A win is a win so the Kings will take it and despite the Refs, the Kings won by 19 points on the road on the Warriors Home Court. Love it!
Sabonis got "raped" tonight by pro-sports standards. He's a 3rd team all-nba player, but suddenly he's become the 4th player on his team on television.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 2nd Round of the NBA Playoffs starts tonight and in the next few days for most teams. Kings & Warriors still have to play Game 7
in the first round of their series. There in only 1 game tonight. Denver vs Phoenix. This should be some payback for the Nuggets. The Suns
beat them the last time in the playoffs. I don't see that happening again despite the Suns now having Kevin Durant. On paper the Sun look
like the better team with guys like Chris Paul, Devin Booker, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Ayton. I don't buy into the hype.

Nikola Jokic is the Reigning Back to Back NBA MVP! On top of that the Nuggest were 34-7 at home this year in the regular season. They
are almost unbeatable in Denver. I believe that is the best record in the NBA for a home team. It won't be easy but I'm gonna say Nuggets
win this series in 6 games! This can also help Jokic's chances at winning 3 straight NBA MVP Awards. He needs to get to the finals bad but
he has so little talent around him compared to other teams. Still feel good about this series but as they say. One game at a time! If the
Nuggets were smart they would get Braun alot more minutes or start the kid. He is there best defender!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bye, Bye Sacramento Kings. Again look to De'Aaron Fox. He was 5-19 shooting. The kid never sees a shot he doesn't like.
Can he score yes but at the detriment of the team. Fox scored 15 points on 19 shots. That is horrible. Barely over 25 percent
shooting from the court. I'm sure he is still firing up shots now as we speak. Like some of the kids I used to play ball with back
in the day. They do not want to ever pass the ball. Every shot looks and feels good to them even if double covered with no chance.

Sabonis on the flip side has 22 points shooting 10-16 for the day. So you tell me who helped lose the series more than anyone?

To be fair however Kevin Huerter was awful the whole series. I hope he doesn't lose his starting job next season. The coach limited
him minutes the whole series though and that wasn't fair. You didn't see the coach do that to Fox or any of the other players that
struggled with shooting. No one in the series shot worse than Fox. He couldn't hit the side of an ocean. Yet the media talked about
how great he was every game and he is the number one reason they lost. Why wasn't he benched or had his minutes limited?

Man I hate the Warriors. They are very good but I can't stand this team just like the Lakers.

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
Bye, Bye Sacramento Kings. Again look to De'Aaron Fox. He was 5-19 shooting. The kid never sees a shot he doesn't like.
Can he score yes but at the detriment of the team. Fox scored 15 points on 19 shots. That is horrible. Barely over 25 percent
shooting from the court. I'm sure he is still firing up shots now as we speak. Like some of the kids I used to play ball with back
in the day. They do not want to ever pass the ball. Every shot looks and feels good to them even if double covered with no chance.

Sabonis on the flip side has 22 points shooting 10-16 for the day. So you tell me who helped lose the series more than anyone?

To be fair however Kevin Huerter was awful the whole series. I hope he doesn't lose his starting job next season. The coach limited
him minutes the whole series though and that wasn't fair. You didn't see the coach do that to Fox or any of the other players that
struggled with shooting. No one in the series shot worse than Fox. He couldn't hit the side of an ocean. Yet the media talked about
how great he was every game and he is the number one reason they lost. Why wasn't he benched or had his minutes limited?

Man I hate the Warriors. They are very good but I can't stand this team just like the Lakers.
Yup the kings offense resembled nothing from what we saw during the regular season and Fox was the main reason. Huerter sucked too so he’ll probably get benched for a more quick twitch athletic player. I hope I’m wrong bc when the kings played their game they were fun to watch but I can see Fox dominating the ball more next year, Huerter’s role diminished as well as Sabonis and they’ll take a step back