2023 Miami Dolphins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad place to sign, the Dolphins just lost Achane, a small but very fast rookie back who was easily leading the league in ypc, for several games or more. They still have Mostert who is having a good year, and Jeff Wilson is coming off IR. Wilson is a bruiser so Funk's best chance for touches would be in relief of Mostert or as a third down scatback, but more likely it'll take a Mostert injury (he's had many in his career), and maybe not even then but at least it's a possibility.

Warhawk_46

Master
Dolphins sign Jake Funk to the practice squad
Good news! Achane just went on IR. While I don’t celebrate injuries, he would threaten CMC for the league lead in rushing given how wide open and dynamic the Dolphins offense is.

Now Jake might be able to get elevated to a game day roster and I would predict do well in Miami if (and a big if) he is given some playing time.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jake Funk cut from the Dolphins' practice squad. Can't get any worse than that, I'll be surprised if he ever gets another NFL carry. He's only had four so far, too bad he couldn't stay healthy his rookie season when the Rams were going to use him a fair amount.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Ethan Bonner has been activated for Sunday's game vs the Jets. We'll see if he gets any playing time.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jake Funk cut from the Dolphins' practice squad. Can't get any worse than that, I'll be surprised if he ever gets another NFL carry. He's only had four so far, too bad he couldn't stay healthy his rookie season when the Rams were going to use him a fair amount.
That’s all it takes for a white running back… cannot get hurt period. Still, the Rams could have used him as their running game struggled after they released him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
He did get one tackle!
Also had a pass defensed stat so I assumed he was in on defense and did a little digging.

1702915842859.png
In other Dolphin news, Sieler had a sack which brought his season total to 7.5 (career high). Not bad for an UDFA out of a DII school.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah. I saw some chatter online about fans wanted to see more of him - especially given his speed. So I guess white players CAN be fast as long as they are endorsed by an accomplished black player?

Tannehill17

Mentor
He already looks better than Cam Smith (who has produced very little) that was drafted in the 2nd round this year. One was a 2nd round pick, the other was an UDFA. Any guesses as to why? (rhetorical question alert)

One thing that is worth mentioning is that Bonner WAS a highly sought after UDFA which counts for something I guess, but his speed alone should have had him going no later than the 3rd round.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
If tyreek hill is the fastest guy in the nfl (debatable I know ), and if Bonner is just a hair slower than that, shouldn’t it be possible for him to play cornerback?

I mean we all know why it’s like this, just ridiculous.