TE: Durham Smythe, Tyler Kroft
WR: River Cracraft, Braxton Berrios

LB: Andrew Van Ginkel
DE: Zach Sieler

K: Jason Sanders
P: Jake Bailey
LS: Blake Ferguson

Grade: F-

This looks to be a putrid squad, despite the 2-0 start. I don't expect this sumo-laden offensive line to be able to sustain this caliber of play throughout the season. They will be exposed sooner than later. On a side note, I just found out Chase Winovich was on our practice squad. What happened with him anyway?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
On a positive note Van Ginkel, Cracraft, and Berrios all saw the field when I was watching. Doubling their starters at any given time.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On a positive note Van Ginkel, Cracraft, and Berrios all saw the field when I was watching. Doubling their starters at any given time.
I was thinking that during the game last night against the Patriots, how noticeable the few White players on both teams were.

Van Ginkel has started on and off the past few years though he obviously should have been a full-time starter, but Berrios and Cracraft will always be secondary receivers unless Hill or Waddle get injured. Van Ginkel is comparable to Dennis Gardeck and Alex Singleton, very talented all-around players who also make lots of big plays, but somehow haven't deemed starters for most of their careers.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I was thinking that during the game last night against the Patriots, how noticeable the few White players on both teams were.

Van Ginkel has started on and off the past few years though he obviously should have been a full-time starter, but Berrios and Cracraft will always be secondary receivers unless Hill or Waddle get injured. Van Ginkel is comparable to Dennis Gardeck and Alex Singleton, very talented all-around players who also make lots of big plays, but somehow haven't deemed starters for most of their careers.
Well said! AVG did record a sack yesterday. Too bad they are such a sumo dominated franchise.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
QB: Mike White Skylar Thompson
RG: Liam Eichenberg
C: Connor Williams.
TE: Durham Smythe, Tyler Kroft
WR: River Cracraft, Braxton Berrios

LB: Andrew Van Ginkel
DE: Zach Sieler

K: Jason Sanders
P: Jake Bailey
LS: Blake Ferguson

Grade: F-

This looks to be a putrid squad, despite the 2-0 start. I don't expect this sumo-laden offensive line to be able to sustain this caliber of play throughout the season. They will be exposed sooner than later. On a side note, I just found out Chase Winovich was on our practice squad. What happened with him anyway?
13 Whites with only 3 starters is pretty putrid. The 2 wide receivers however make the Dolphins more interesting than some standard Caste Squads.

Looking at the PS, Winovich was elevated to the active roster before the Pats game. They used that somewhat new rule that you can elevate 2 players per game, up to 3 times in total. Therefore, Chase has 2 more of these "elevations" before they need to decide if they want to clear a more permanent spot for him. Other guys of interest on the PS are Raleigh Webb (WR), Tanner Conner (TE), Nick Bowers (TE) and Ethan Bonner (CB!!). Really hoping Bonner gets a chance and can join Riley Moss as a rare White CB in the NFL.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Wow, just kind of generally assumed that Ethan Bonner never got a shot in the NFL. Pleasantly surprised and more than a little shocked to see him on the Miami practice squad, of all places.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wow, just kind of generally assumed that Ethan Bonner never got a shot in the NFL. Pleasantly surprised and more than a little shocked to see him on the Miami practice squad, of all places.

Yeah even though we would prefer this players be on the active game day roster the practice squad extend his players careers in the hope
that they will be called up someday. I'm thankful they have that and you can earn a living just on that if you live a normal modest life style.

jacque

Guru
Miami isn’t that bad to watch if you ask
Me. Berrios and Cravraft see serious snaps, and there’s at least Van Ginkle and Sieler making splash plays on defense. Few white TEs, and an awesome practice squad.

Phall

Master
Miami isn’t that bad to watch if you ask
Me. Berrios and Cravraft see serious snaps, and there’s at least Van Ginkle and Sieler making splash plays on defense. Few white TEs, and an awesome practice squad.
Glad I don't ask you, frankly.

I try my best to not comment on any NFL threads because I will inevitably be hyper-critical, and I don't like it overall. I do definitely kinda 'love' the Lions overall, as anyone who was raised with some tribalism and territorialism naturally assume the uniform of their local set of protectors. There's some sense of family tradition tied to any local sports team - you want "your guys" to win so that you can be protected most safely.

It's fun for me to root for the Lions this year because they have 5 white contributors on defense, which is more that almost all of the rest of the NFL. It is necessary to me that they also have a white quarterback and a legitimate passing threat in their new rookie TE.

I love my upbringing and territory, but if the Lions lost any single one of the elements I just mentioned, I wouldn't care at all.

Back to reality: Berrios on the practice squad of a 70-point team isn't encouraging.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Tough break for Cracraft. I’d like to see Conner get called up!

Admittedly dunno much about Webb!

jacque

Guru
Glad I don't ask you, frankly.

I try my best to not comment on any NFL threads because I will inevitably be hyper-critical, and I don't like it overall. I do definitely kinda 'love' the Lions overall, as anyone who was raised with some tribalism and territorialism naturally assume the uniform of their local set of protectors. There's some sense of family tradition tied to any local sports team - you want "your guys" to win so that you can be protected most safely.

It's fun for me to root for the Lions this year because they have 5 white contributors on defense, which is more that almost all of the rest of the NFL. It is necessary to me that they also have a white quarterback and a legitimate passing threat in their new rookie TE.

I love my upbringing and territory, but if the Lions lost any single one of the elements I just mentioned, I wouldn't care at all.

Back to reality: Berrios on the practice squad of a 70-point team isn't encouraging.
When most teams have 0 white skill positions playing and 0 white defensive contributors, straws are grasped

jacque

Guru
Bum Chase claypool traded to dolphins. Expect less targets for berrios and cracraft. Specifically cracraft.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Bum Chase claypool traded to dolphins. Expect less targets for berrios and cracraft. Specifically cracraft.
Seems like a dumb move on the part of the 'Fins to bring in this malcontent when WR is one of the main strengths of this team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’m sure Miami nightlife is just what this clown needs. Tom Iron Rule

Tyreke Hill went out of his way to compliment one of the White Dolphins practice players, Ethan Bonner. He said he’s the fastest player on the team and that he wouldn’t want to race him. That means something considering Tyreke Hill ran a 4.2 40 yard dash.

Meanwhile Bonner rots away as a practice squad player, not even given a spot on the roster. Not only is Bonner White but he’s a cornerback. He’ll never be allowed to display his talents.

He’s the fastest player on an NFL team and he was barley even recruited out of high school, he didn’t even get drafted. If there was a 6’1 black kid with 4.2 speed he’d be recruited by every big school in the country and eventually go early in the draft.

Without the caste system Bonner would be a starting cb in the league. He could have probably been a great receiver too. Blacks tend to have problems with hand eye coordination so a great black cb couldn’t necessarily be a great receiver but Whites have way better hand eye coordination. You could pretty much take any White guy with size and speed and plug him in as receiver and he’d be successful

jphoss

Mentor

Tyreke Hill went out of his way to compliment one of the White Dolphins practice players, Ethan Bonner. He said he’s the fastest player on the team and that he wouldn’t want to race him. That means something considering Tyreke Hill ran a 4.2 40 yard dash.

Meanwhile Bonner rots away as a practice squad player, not even given a spot on the roster. Not only is Bonner White but he’s a cornerback. He’ll never be allowed to display his talents.

He’s the fastest player on an NFL team and he was barley even recruited out of high school, he didn’t even get drafted. If there was a 6’1 black kid with 4.2 speed he’d be recruited by every big school in the country and eventually go early in the draft.

Without the caste system Bonner would be a starting cb in the league. He could have probably been a great receiver too. Blacks tend to have problems with hand eye coordination so a great black cb couldn’t necessarily be a great receiver but Whites have way better hand eye coordination. You could pretty much take any White guy with size and speed and plug him in as receiver and he’d be successful
And Hill is one of the few players whose fast 40 translates bc he can get to his near max speed quickly and play effectively. I feel for this Bonner kid, reading that article he helped set 4x200 state record in Texas! If he was a shade darker he would’ve been a top 50–100 recruit with casts clowns like saben and jimbo begging for him to commit. To all future white cornerbacks- go to Iowa!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
White kid fast!

Thanks, I guess?
to be fair, it’s a surprise that Tyreek Hill could string together that many words without mumble mouth gibberish. you can’t also expect an Upside American to also include a verb and/or a preposition in his butchering of the English language. “That White kid is fast” is too much to assume from a former “scholar”ship (sic) afflete at a highly-funded university.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Cool to see Zach Sieler with 20 tackles and 3 sacks already! Just signed an extension this past offseason and is entering his prime!

Andrew Van Ginkel is also crushing it with 24 tackles and 4 sacks!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Cool to see Zach Sieler with 20 tackles and 3 sacks already! Just signed an extension this past offseason and is entering his prime!

Andrew Van Ginkel is also crushing it with 24 tackles and 4 sacks!
Van Ginkel was a free agent afterthought too this past offseason.