2023 College Football Week One

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to the game tonight it should be a good one. Eager to see how Cade Klubnik looks after a whole offseason as the starter along with Will Shipley. Also don't sleep on Riley Leonard guys. He's a damn good QB probably just below Drake Maye so let's hope he also has a strong performance tonight. We are at the point that we can no longer take great QB play from White QBs for granted.
I agree and I'm beyond pumped for this game. Duke is capable of the upset and it wouldn't be that big an upset with the talent they
have and Riley Leonard leading the team. Of course I still am rooting for Clemson as they like Iowa are one of our favorite teams year
after year. Should be a good game and I don't see Clemson winning by more than 10 points at the most. I see a high scoring contest
with Clemson pulling away in the 2nd half or at least I hope so. I believe both Klubnik and Leonard will both be in the NFL in a few years!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I didn't bother watching any of the game last night. I have zero vested interest in either of these caste worshipping teams. It is nice to see LSU lose due to the fact of how overhyped they were during the offseason.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to the game tonight it should be a good one. Eager to see how Cade Klubnik looks after a whole offseason as the starter along with Will Shipley. Also don't sleep on Riley Leonard guys. He's a damn good QB probably just below Drake Maye so let's hope he also has a strong performance tonight. We are at the point that we can no longer take great QB play from White QBs for granted.
I am as well. I believe Clemson wins in a blowout. I'm positive we're going to see the emergence of Klubnik! I would have never thought that Duke, the Harvard of the south would start less white players, 6 than Clemson 7. Clemson with the white backfield and 3 white WR's that could see playing time in Turner, Specter and Stellato.
Also, looking for LB Wade Woodaz to make his presence felt as he got ample playing time last season as a freshman.
DE Denhoff could see some time on defense and Tyler Venables at safety as well.
On a side note, I hope they don't have Shipley returning kickoffs this season.
I'll be at my son's home tonight watching, so I may not post during the game.
Enjoy gentlemen!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Go Clemson at least they play some white skill players. Harvard of da Souff only has a QB.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree and I'm beyond pumped for this game. Duke is capable of the upset and it wouldn't be that big an upset with the talent they
have and Riley Leonard leading the team. Of course I still am rooting for Clemson as they like Iowa are one of our favorite teams year
after year. Should be a good game and I don't see Clemson winning by more than 10 points at the most. I see a high scoring contest
with Clemson pulling away in the 2nd half or at least I hope so. I believe both Klubnik and Leonard will both be in the NFL in a few years!

The game so far is low scoring but tightly contested. Dabo Swiney will make adjustments as I believe he is the best coach in the
country. Not just because of the two championships but for many reasons. He understands the game inside & out. I do still
expect it to stay close for 3 quarters. Will Shipley has 6 rushes for 29 yards but nothing has been easy!

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Will Shipley 65 yards rushing on 11 carries in the 1st half. + 2 rec 2 yards & games only TD! Got a Christian McCaffrey reference during the telecast!

LB Wade Woodaz is said to have his own " Nickname" they cant repeat on TV lol ! ...raving over him ; HYBRID Safety playing Isiah Simmons position

No doubt Leonardfan ..in the era of mobile QB's Duke QB Riley Leonard could be a NFL starter one day! 146 yards passing + 28 yards rushing 1st half.
....They just showed his HS Basketball clip ...a nasty break away 360 windmill dunk! Also raved about his athleticism too!

Outstanding job! You've always been a great asset to CF.

Also nice to see this thread so active with a lot of different posters contributing to it.
Thanks Don! Appreciate your wisdom and knowledge to start a website like CF!

Googled the Clemson score because I'm not at home. Saw the "Popular on Twitter" section and it's full of blacks piling onto Klubnik, talking about DJ U's (not going to try to spell his last name) performance at Oregon State and clearly making it about race. To them, DJ getting benched for Klubnik was another example of the white man keeping a brother down, even though he was pedestrian all year.

If you spend any amount of time on Twitter, which is the social media platform of choice for blacks, you will quickly realize that they are ten times more tribal and racist than the average white person. This forum is considered by outsiders to be a fringe group of white supremacist Nazis, but compared to much of black Twitter (which reflects a sizeable chunk of mainstream black culture), we may as well be holding "diversity is our strength" signs.

Make no mistake - the average black sports fan will always root for black athletes over whites, and the DWFs will often back them up. They will do this until all sports are 100% black. White people may not "see color", but blacks definitely do. And in my experience, it extends well beyond sports, but I suppose that's another topic altogether.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As TwentyTwo pointed out here is Riley Leonard the Dunking Phenom! Incredible Athlete and he will be playing on Sundays! He
just ran for a 44 yard touchdown. So explosive!

maxres.jpg

360 Dunk from #duke QB Riley Leonard​

Gramlich & Mac Lain

Warhawk_46

Master
Shipley over 100 yards halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Clemson struggling against Duke though.

Warhawk_46

Master
What is wrong with Clemson? You are driving for the touchdown and instead of giving to potential All-American Shipley you give back to back carries to the black backup who promptly fumbles after running backwards for 11 yards and Duke returns the fumble another forty yards…

Rocky B

Master
I’ve watched the whole game.....bad drops, etc.
Klubnick slides on a run on fourth down and barely gets it due to a penalty.
Quit sliding like a pu$$y. When you’re up by 20, yes. When you’re fighting for yardage, no. Shipley looks great, of course.....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ugly game for Clemson. They are probably an 8-4 team this year. Need to work on the vertical passing game along with ball security. Too many long throws to the outside hashes near the line of scrimmage. No quick slants to the middle.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ugly game for Clemson. They are probably an 8-4 team this year. Need to work on the vertical passing game along with ball security. Too many long throws to the outside hashes near the line of scrimmage. No quick slants to the middle.

Neither team played good. Awful Game. Riley Leonard struggled too but he did rush for 98 yards!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I am as well. I believe Clemson wins in a blowout. I'm positive we're going to see the emergence of Klubnik! I would have never thought that Duke, the Harvard of the south would start less white players, 6 than Clemson 7. Clemson with the white backfield and 3 white WR's that could see playing time in Turner, Specter and Stellato.
Also, looking for LB Wade Woodaz to make his presence felt as he got ample playing time last season as a freshman.
DE Denhoff could see some time on defense and Tyler Venables at safety as well.
On a side note, I hope they don't have Shipley returning kickoffs this season.
I'll be at my son's home tonight watching, so I may not post during the game.
Enjoy gentlemen!
Well, I certainly missed this one badly. What a disappointment. While Klubnik didn't play horribly, he needed to go vertical more often. Some of the responsibility has to be on the OC. However, there were several dropped passes, 2 critical fumbles and a blocked and missed field goal. Almost every opportunity Clemson had to score on it went awry. Feel bad for Klubnik, Shipley, and Coach Swinney.
The Clemson message board is going nuts from asking for the firing of Swinney to saying DJ and Streeter would've won this game. Hopefully, they'll put this behind them and move on and make the best of this season.
Shipley had a great game and for Duke, Riley Leonard is a star.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think Clemson comes back strong. They are missing pale faces on the defensive side of the ball though. I still think Bresee should have come back for another year to dominate.

Shipley looked good, no long runs but steady work. He is clearly more talented than his backup and yet they received close to same workload.

booth

Mentor
My takeaway from the game is this, lack of speed at WR and trying to please the black running backs, and finally they still have not figured out how to get Shipley to the outside to use his speed. I was beginning to think he was as not fast I thought he was but, I check his HS track record and he never ranned over 10.8 his senior year.

Warhawk_46

Master
My takeaway from the game is this, lack of speed at WR and trying to please the black running backs, and finally they still have not figured out how to get Shipley to the outside to use his speed. I was beginning to think he was as not fast I thought he was but, I check his HS track record and he never ranned over 10.8 his senior year.
Yeah Shipley is plenty fast enough. Dabo is shooting himself in the foot not getting Shipley in space.

sprintstar

Mentor
if the same thing happens to Shipley over the next few games we will all know it is intentional....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
if the same thing happens to Shipley over the next few games we will all know it is intentional....

I believe it was the same criticism last year of Shipley - making him run between the tackles/up the middle rather than having plays for him on the outside and in space. Shipley was really the only Clemson player to show up. Klubnik looked shaky so hopefully it was first game jitters and it is out of his system now.