2022 Running Backs

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Shipley injured while running a kick return! Why do you have your starting RB running kick offs back?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Will Shipley with a Super Man Run to get into the end zone against all odds. It's a tie game. He is up to 86 yards rushing now.

TwentyTwo

Master
FBS (4 of to 19)
9th Brad Roberts (Air Force) ...116.3 avg Rushing yards per game
14th Carson Steele (Ball St)....106.0
15th Samson Evans (E Mich) ...104.5
19th QB John Rhys Plumlee (UCF) ....101.0
(tied) 34th Will Shipley (Clemson) ....88.2

FCS on the NCAA site have still not been updated yet.

Hunter Luepke (No.Dakota St)....
Here is his season so far ...
* 3 carries 53 Yards & TD (47 yards) Rushing vs Drake
* 4 carries 15 yards & TD vs. N.C. A&T + 2 rec 22 yds & TD
*18 carries 115 yards 2 TD's vs Arizona + 3 rec 65 & TD yds
*20 carries 146 yards 2 TD's vs. So.Dakota
-------------------------
In 4 games 45 carries 329 yards rushing (7.3 avg!) 6 TD's + 5 rec 87 yards & 2 TD's!....8 TD's total in just 4 games!
Probably close to Top #30 now in the FCS after only getting 7 carries first 2 games

Illinois State RB Cole Mueller may have been on the FCS Leader list ; however Sept 3rd severe ankle injury; hope he can bounce back healthy for next season
Last season rushed for 977 yards & 6 TD's as a True Freshman!
Had 3 carries 21 yards vs Wisconsin when he was injured

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Air Force Running Back Brad Roberts is now up to the 5th leading rusher in all of the NCAA. Roberts now has
over 700 rushing yards and we still have half a season of football left. Hope this Fighting Falcon can finish the
season out strong and possibly move up a few more spots.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sacramento St RB Cameron Skattebo with another great performance yesterday - 29 carries 201 yards / 3 rec 41 yds w/ 1 TD

SkatteboUTRush.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One of my favorite college football running backs who I don't get to see play much is Brad Roberts. This young
man is now the 4th leading rusher in all of the NCAA. He is less than 50 yards from being the number 2 rusher
in the nation. I doubt he can catch Chase Brown of Illinois but you never know? This kid is amazing. We should
be talking about him alot more on this board.

The big question is would the nfl give him a chance despite playing for Air Force when he is allowed to sign?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Fan of his as well! He deserves more National attention and a legit shot in The NFL. Just don't see him getting a fair shake, though he could make noise as an UDFA. A combine invite would go a long ways towards his NFL prospects.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fan of his as well! He deserves more National attention and a legit shot in The NFL. Just don't see him getting a fair shake, though he could make noise as an UDFA. A combine invite would go a long ways towards his NFL prospects.
If he was a black running back in the military I guarantee he would get a legitimate shot to be drafted as an nfl rb with those stats!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
No doubt about it! All we can do is make noise and hope he gets that Combine invite!

Rocky B

Master
One of my favorite college football running backs who I don't get to see play much is Brad Roberts. This young
man is now the 4th leading rusher in all of the NCAA. He is less than 50 yards from being the number 2 rusher
in the nation. I doubt he can catch Chase Brown of Illinois but you never know? This kid is amazing. We should
be talking about him alot more on this board.

The big question is would the nfl give him a chance despite playing for Air Force when he is allowed to sign?

WL, Air Force is on tv almost every weekend. Next week I’ll post the games where white running backs are on the tube....I wish Carson Steele was on tv more often.....Every November the MAC has weekday games....
Let’s all remind each other of these games, watching some of these guys are better than most nfl games

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
UConn true freshman Victor Rosa got the start for the Huskies against Ball State this past Saturday, and the nimble tailback showcased some impressive features. he finished the game with 72 yards on 14 carries, playing with patience and vision. he ran for 89 yards and 2 touchdowns on 16 carries a week ago. he is also the primary kick and punt returner.

Rosa, a high school quarterback, was the Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior and has transitioned smoothly into the running back rotation at the collegiate level, surprising considering his head coach is caste disciple Jim Mora.

while it’s true that the true freshman got the nod due to injuries to 3 running blacks (he started the year 4th-string on the depth chart), Rosa has speed, agility, and vision, but he lacks strength on his slender frame. if he can improve in that area to help his yards-after-contact numbers improve, he has a chance to be a bell cow back in their program.

when is the last time a true freshman White tailback got the start at a Division One school? Sam McGuffie? maybe Carson Steele last year?

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
JC, that is an exciting development! Hopefully his strong play earns him a spot in the RB rotation going forward and into next year.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Happy for Rosa! He's also great friends with incoming UConn '23 WR Jackson Harper! Should give the Huskies some rooting power next few years!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
below i’ll link a complimentary article on Air Force’s Brad Roberts after his dominating performance against UNLV last week. to summarize:

Roberts scored 4 touchdowns, carried the ball 29 times including on 11-straight plays including a score on the opening drive of the second half, and ran for 144 yards. he was recognized as the Mountain West player of the week for the third time this season for the performance.

this was his second-consecutive 29-carry game, however, and the staff is worried about over using him. he’s had 101 carries in the last 4 games.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
below i’ll link a complimentary article on Air Force’s Brad Roberts after his dominating performance against UNLV last week. to summarize:

Roberts scored 4 touchdowns, carried the ball 29 times including on 11-straight plays including a score on the opening drive of the second half, and ran for 144 yards. he was recognized as the Mountain West player of the week for the third time this season for the performance.

this was his second-consecutive 29-carry game, however, and the staff is worried about over using him. he’s had 101 carries in the last 4 games.

Great article but notice how they call him a full back over and over. Brad Roberts is 6'1 and 205 lbs. He is a running back. When
ever you hear the term fullback it's used mostly to hide his true ability. He is way too small to be a fullback. Call him a running
back which is what he is!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Will Shipley hasn’t had many opportunities to return kickoffs, as most teams have been avoiding kicking to him. that being said, his 69-yard return against Florida State showed why teams fear him.

here’s another complimentary article on Shipley. maybe the coaching staff has been reading Caste Football, as he talks about needing to get the ball to Shipley A) more and B) in more creative ways to take advantage of his ability in space.

Shipley was the ACC running back of the week for his performance against Florida State.

El Gringo

Mentor
I have a very creative idea for the use of Shipley! Give him 30 carries a game. Leave the kickoff returns to the 2nd stringers.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i shared several posts last night from the GA State @ App State contest, as it had two White running backs make good showings.

i don’t want to re-post here and break intrawebs protocol, but mayhap RockyB or TwentyTwo can recap it.

Tucker Gregg looked dominant for GA State but had his own team freeze him out (to their detriment), while App State’s Anderson Castle made an appearance late and made quite a splash.

El Gringo

Mentor
Tucker had 11-93 8.5 ypc
Black qb had 19-90 4.7 ypc (9-23 for 73 yards passing and a int)
Black backups combined for 11-35 3.18 ypc

His coaches are real geniuses!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see 2 White RBs making noise in The dark Sun Belt! Castle should be in line for more carries down the line, and Gregg should be on a 53 man NFL Roster.

TwentyTwo

Master
i shared several posts last night from the GA State @ App State contest, as it had two White running backs make good showings.

i don’t want to re-post here and break intrawebs protocol, but mayhap RockyB or TwentyTwo can recap it.

Tucker Gregg looked dominant for GA State but had his own team freeze him out (to their detriment), while App State’s Anderson Castle made an appearance late and made quite a splash.
Thanks JimmyC for the new development Joey Rosa getting his 1st start! That's really what sets CF site apart! Y'all are on top of it!

U.Conn has been a FBS Bottom feeder for some time ; almost been an afterthought "caste speaking" + 2020 they Did Not have a season during COVID... sometimes late Night Weekly Re Caps are challenging "time-wise" trying to scan 65 Box Scores + select FCS teams. The name "Rosa" might get me sidetracked running thru it too quickly.

Fil me in again on what "break intrawebs protocol" mean ? lol

Wonder whatever happened to Shadowlight?

Tucker had 11-93 8.5 ypc
Black qb had 19-90 4.7 ypc (9-23 for 73 yards passing and a int)
Black backups combined for 11-35 3.18 ypc

His coaches are real geniuses!
Good to see 2 White RBs making noise in The dark Sun Belt! Castle should be in line for more carries down the line, and Gregg should be on a 53 man NFL Roster.
Yes indeed Bucky & El Gringo

Anderson Castle was finally able to see the field late looked good rushing for 50 yards on 7 carries & TD
#44 Is a 6'-0 210lb Soph.