2022 Running Backs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just watched his jr highlights and man can that kid fly! He only has Emmett Smiths son ahead on the depth chart so hopefully he can split touches and maybe surpass him if he can break some long runs. Smith is a tough runner with good vision like his Dad but doesn’t have the break away speed of Filkins. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6241336/5c14049a23478e0b90a12107

I also agree. His ability to juke and cut on a dime is as good as even Cmac. Maybe even better as this wes in high school and Casey Filikins is still improving. Scary how talented he is! Please play the guy now and get him as many snaps as possible!!

Rocky B

Master
Excellent work BSA..........I’ll be going over my notes soon.....Hopefully there’ll be a few sleepers this year.....Filkins was someone I was always high on....Learning that Emmitt Jr signed with the same recruiting class was a head scratcher. I’m still reeling from the Borghi disappointment. Hard to believe he’s not being taken seriously.

Two unmentioned RBs.

UMASS RB Jared Chisari had 117 yards on 19 carries last year. Was looking at the last depth chart UMASS put out in 2021 and he and Carter Scudo were listed alongside each other for the back up RB spot. Scudo, as BSA mentioned, was moved to WR.

ODU RB Matt Geiger had 39 carries for 212 yards in 2018. Then 12 for 39 in 2019. ODU sat out 2020 due to COVID. 2021 he only had 3 carries for 6 yards?? He was entrenched back up before. He is a senior this year. ODU also had a white CB last year in Will Brocchini who was a starter for a few years then fell off the face of the earth.

El Gringo

Mentor
I don’t think Hunter “The Majestice Beast” Luepke has been mentioned yet. Hopefully he can lead the Bison to another national championship.

Rocky B

Master
I saw him run in a re-televised championship game this past weekend....He could play in the NFL, but if Borghi can’t get drafted, holy crap, we are F-ed......He’s an FCS guy or Ben Sharp Arrow would've been all over it......Let’s have a great season this year gang!
Aside from taking back the house and hopefully the senate, having kickass years from some white running backs are my main goals that aren’t family/financially related.

El Gringo

Mentor
I
I saw him run in a re-televised championship game this past weekend....He could play in the NFL, but if Borghi can’t get drafted, holy crap, we are F-ed......He’s an FCS guy or Ben Sharp Arrow would've been all over it......Let’s have a great season this year gang!
Aside from taking back the house and hopefully the senate, having kickass years from some white running backs are my main goals that aren’t family/financially related.
I agree Luepke won’t get drafted as a tailback but he should be one of if not the top fullback prospects in this year or next years draft. Hopefully he will get picked in the late rounds which isn’t to exciting.

Warhawk_46

Master
I

I agree Luepke won’t get drafted as a tailback but he should be one of if not the top fullback prospects in this year or next years draft. Hopefully he will get picked in the late rounds which isn’t to exciting.
He reminds me of Peyton Hillis… even down to his stride.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He reminds me of Peyton Hillis… even down to his stride.

If only one of us here on this board was rich enough to own a team and run it the way we wanted to. I have no doubt Luepke could do good running the ball in the nfl. Sad we will most likely never see him do anything other
than be a battering ram while the other guys get all the glory.

El Gringo

Mentor
Yeah no doubt he could be a 1000 yard rusher like Hillis did when given chance. It’s to bad that he’s already pigeonholed as a fullback even though he gains most of his yard running behind a fullback if not two.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If I was a white running back, Stanford would be one of the top 3 schools to choose. Happy for Casey Filkins.

Rocky B

Master
If I was a white running back, Stanford would be one of the top 3 schools to choose. Happy for Casey Filkins.
100% agreed. If I were a white RB and Stanford offered, let’s go....
Borghi would’ve been better off....Bisharat would still be talked about....
Bisharat is the collegiate Nall.......Holy sh!t, the racist BS our guys have to deal with. Just like the brothers in 1960.........

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the head's up! Looking forward to a strong stat line for Casey Filikns Week 4 making the most of his opportunity!

Here are 4 of the Top 21 Leading Rushers ....not sure at any point last season this happened?
#6 Samson Evans (E Mich) ...122.0 avg per game
#11 Brad Roberts (Air Force)....114.0
#20 Carson Steele (Ball St) ....101.7
#21 John Rhys Plumlee (UCF)...101.3

Next Will Shipley (Clemson) at #43 ...83.0 per game ...on limited carries 32 - 249- 6 (7.8 avg)

WEEK 3 Re-Cap
Samson Evans (E Mich) 35 carries 257 yards RUSHING !!! & TD
Carson Steele (Ball St) 25 - 151 yards! & TD + 3 rec 9 yds//// Will Jones 1 carry 22 yards
Will Shipley (Clemson) 12 - 139 yards ! & 2 TD's +
QB John Rhys Plumlee (UCF) ..... 121 Yards RUSHING! & 2 TD's! + 339 Yards passing & TD
Tucker Gregg (Georgia St) 23 - 100 yards! & 2 TD's!
Gavin Garcia (Kent St) 9 carries 82 yards & TD
Charlie Offerdahl (Colorado) 8 - 55 yards
Brad Roberts (Air Force) 16 - 54 yards
Cody Schrader (Mizzou) 10- 54 yards + 1 rec 25 yards
Kannon Katzner (Wazzu) 6 carries 54 yards & TD (former Walk-on)
TJ McDaniel (SMU) 5 carries 19 yards

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
don’t forget about what Hunter Luepke did against Arizona on national tv!

in a heartbreaking loss, the North Dakota State “fullback” shined, carrying the ball 18 times for 115 yards, catching 3 balls for 65 yards, and scoring 3 touchdowns (2 rushing and 1 receiving).

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

TwentyTwo

Master
don’t forget about what Hunter Luepke did against Arizona on national tv!

in a heartbreaking loss, the North Dakota State “fullback” shined, carrying the ball 18 times for 115 yards, catching 3 balls for 65 yards, and scoring 3 touchdowns (2 rushing and 1 receiving).
YES INDEED Jimmy C! . We (White Lightning & 1) were on the Late night shift WEEK 3 enjoying the 236lb Majestic Beast Hunter Luepke LIVE on FS1! Dude has some bounce and a nasty jump cut runs like a player much lighter! One of our favorite RB's in College Football! FCS Powerhouse North Dakota State went tooth n nail with PAC 12 Arizona!

HERE it is Jimmy C! Always enjoy your post too

Didn't make time for FCS later than normal last night to post on work night ...was just bringing up FBS decided to get some Zzzz's

FCS
Bronson Yoder (William & Mary) is 8th at 116.3 avg rushing per game ...3 games
Dylan Laube (NewHampshire) tied #10 .....103.0 avg

IVY league RB made the list playing First game last week
Joey Giorgi (Columbia) tied #10th 103.0

Hunter Luepke would be in the Leader Board list but not enough carries....that's ok he's gonna stay fresh for the 15 game grind!

COPIED & pasted from Week 3 Re-cap
FCS
Bronson Yoder (W&M) 17 carries 134 Yards RUSHING 3 TD's + 1 rec 10 yds (4th Leading Rusher FCS)
Peter Oliver (Holy Cross ) 16 carries 119 yards
Hunter Luepke (NoDakota St) 18 carries 115 yards rushing & 2 TD's + 3 rec 65 yards & TD!
Travis Theis (So.Dakota) 24 carries 90 yards & TD + 2 rec 46 yds

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Air Force Running Back Brad Roberts is off to a great start tonight after an off game last weekend. He already has
8 rushes for 62 yards and 1 td in the first half! Hope he has a huge game and the Falcons win big!

Stlouis

Air Force Running Back Brad Roberts is off to a great start tonight after an off game last weekend. He already has
8 rushes for 62 yards and 1 td in the first half! Hope he has a huge game and the Falcons win big!
He is over 100 yards rushing on 17 carries with 2 TDs in the first half.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is over 100 yards rushing on 17 carries with 2 TDs in the first half.

Make it 118 yards and 3 touchdowns now. This kid has nfl level talent but we know they don't want armed services guys
unless they have that magical smile. Remember Kyle Eckel and many others.

Rocky B

Master
Make it 118 yards and 3 touchdowns now. This kid has nfl level talent but we know they don't want armed services guys
unless they have that magical smile. Remember Kyle Eckel and many others.

I watched the whole first half..Roberts has great feet and vision. The announcers were good/fair to him.....Because of the blowout, all of the backups got reps in the second half.....Shipley and Clemson are on at noon....Lots of games today gang....

Rocky B

Master
The Georgia game isn’t on here, but I see that Bowers had a 75 yard run....
I’m sure an end around play again....Samson Evans playing on CBS sports.. 4-27 after one quarter. I keep watching SMU as if TJ McDaniel is going to play.....Maybe he’s dinged up again.... Shipley one of three backs playing, Pace was dinged up.