2022 NFL Week One

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wish Aaron Rodgers had a Kyle Phillips or hunter Renfrow. Hell he should’ve had Jake Kumerow who was the best receiver in Packers Camp a couple years ago! It’s a damn shame what happens to some of these talented guys

My memory fails but has Rogers ever had a talented tight end to throw to?
Besides Chmura, Robert Tonyan was very good in 2020 before blowing out his knee last season. He played today and will get better as the season goes on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle Philips actually ended with 6 catches for 66 yards. No nerves as the kid has ice in his veins. Hope he can build off this. He is
on a team that actually seems to know what they have. So hard to find that with a young white receiver.

I do expect Alec Pierce to have alot better game next weekend. He is too good to be shut out.

Very sad about how Adam Thielen is an afterthought after all he has done.
I wrote that he had five before the game was over, glad to see him do so well though he had a drop and a fumble, but so what he's a rookie in his first game. My biggest takeaway from the game was that Tannehill was often looking to him as his first option, which bodes well for his future. At least until Tannehill is benched for Willis (hopefully that won't happen for a few seasons as long as Ryan is playing well).

I wouldn't worry about Thielen, he'll get his as the season goes along. It's only one game, insignificant statistically.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Werner linebacker for the Saints already 4 tackles and a forced fumble to regain possession.
The great young LB Pete Werner finished with 13 total tackles (12 solo & 1 for a loss) and a forced fumble. One to watch this year!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rex was Houston's number one running back yesterday:

Rex Burkhead played on 71% of snaps against the Colts.​

Burkhead was a critical piece of the Texans' offense on Sunday. He played 30 more snaps than rookie Dameon Pierce (29%) and three more snaps than Nico Collins (67%). Brandin Cooks (91%) was the only skill player with a higher snaps share. Burkhead, who turned 32 in July, is unlikely to maintain a workhorse role for much of the season, but he's certainly capable of keeping Pierce from fantasy relevance on a low-scoring offense. Burkhead saw eight targets in Week 1 and is in RB2 consideration until the clock strikes midnight on his fantasy value.

Warhawk_46

Master
I was pleased Rex was featured so much. I do believe Houston will have a good 1-2 punch with Rex and Pierce. I’d wager Rex is in for career highs!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Will Dissly and Colby Parkinson with TD catches for the Seahawks. Parkinson's first career TD, I didn't realize he was still in the league.

Flint

Mentor
So what year will blacks be a majority of the starting QB’s in the NFL? That would be what 17? Getting pretty close it seems.

I’m thinking in 10 years there will be almost all black QB’s, with a few superstar white ones, like the wide receiver position is now.

It’s too much of an advantage to have a running QB now. You see it all the games, coverage is good, run it, often for huge yardage. And as runners they’re protected. There’s good white running QB’s but they are ignored or turned into pocket passers.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So first the bad news. The Broncos defense (minus Jewell who’s out with injury) is making Geno Smiff look like Joe Montana. The good news is that Colby Parkinson has 45 yards and a TD and Will Dissly has 43 yards and a TD. Tanner Muse and Cody Barton each have two tackles.

For the Broncos, TE Andrew Beck hadn’t caught a pass since 2019, but has 2 catches for 52 yards.

Edit: Don is steps ahead of me tonight

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So what year will blacks be a majority of the starting QB’s in the NFL? That would be what 17? Getting pretty close it seems.

I’m thinking in 10 years there will be almost all black QB’s, with a few superstar white ones, like the wide receiver position is now.

It’s too much of an advantage to have a running QB now. You see it all the games, coverage is good, run it, often for huge yardage. And as runners they’re protected. There’s good white running QB’s but they are ignored or turned into pocket passers.

How many remain effective as runners for long? Russell Wilson is the best Black QB since Warren Moon and even he runs it far less now than he used to. Any quarterback has to become an effective passer to have longevity. The college programs and the NFL will keep the push going as they've been doing for a quarter century now and as a result it's finally been paying more noticeable dividends. I don't see White QBs ever becoming as rare as White WRs have become but Black QBs may well become the majority as they keep being force-fed into the NFL.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

As I posted in the “black quarterbacks” thread earlier today, there are 13 non-White starting QBs week 1 this year. With Prescott getting hurt, there will be 12 going forward for now.

My guess with the incoming flood of hyped up quotas in the college ranks, we could hit the 50% mark in the next 2 or 3 years. At best maybe it can be held off another 5 but there is no force pushing back against this trend.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
As I posted in the “black quarterbacks” thread earlier today, there are 13 non-White starting QBs week 1 this year. With Prescott getting hurt, there will be 12 going forward for now.

My guess with the incoming flood of hyped up quotas in the college ranks, we could hit the 50% mark in the next 2 or 3 years. At best maybe it can be held off another 5 but there is no force pushing back against this trend.

I take offense to that J/K. At least we realize the push for blacks at the QB position is being engineered and not organic.

Flint certainly brought up some interesting points - I watched most of the Eagles - Lions game yesterday and Hurts would pick up yards when defenses were covering down field and when QBs run now they are certainly more protected. Again I question defenses using a spy on the QB - this was done in the early 2000s to mitigate Vick and then again in the in 2013/2014 the league figured out running QBs only to see the tread repeating itself. I feel that when a QB runs he should be treated as any other offensive player, defenders often ease up on quarterbacks rather than trying to make a hard hit. Anzalone had a bogus penalty for a roughing call on Hurts. Say what you want, call it bigunrealitis but running QBs are getting some wrinkles in the rule book. We are only in week one and many teams that looked great will fall apart while other teams will figure out their identity after a few weeks and finish strong.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Alex Singleton with 9 tackles, 3 solo and 6 assisted. Jonas Griffith only had 3 tackles, but he'll take Singleton's spot as soon as Josey Jewell is ready to play. And so it always seems to go for tackling machine Singleton.

Cody Barton with a great game as he was all over the field with 8 solos, 2 assists and a sack, including a huge play late in the game to help seal the Seattle win.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I was originally hoping Denver would win but it’s actually funnier seeing Wilson the high paid “savior” going against his former team and losing to a journeyman career backup. Lol.

The highlight is Cody Barton racking up 10 tackles (8 solo and 2 for losses) and a sack in his first game as an official starter. Of course we’re not surprised at all. Also, Alex Singleton started (probably only due to Jewell being hurt) and led Denver in total tackles with 9. Again, no surprise there but the media and DWFs always say this guy is no good.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was originally hoping Denver would win but it’s actually funnier seeing Wilson the high paid “savior” going against his former team and losing to a journeyman career backup. Lol.

The highlight is Cody Barton racking up 10 tackles (8 solo and 2 for losses) and a sack in his first game as an official starter. Of course we’re not surprised at all. Also, Alex Singleton started (probably only due to Jewell being hurt) and led Denver in total tackles with 9. Again, no surprise there but the media and DWFs always say this guy is no good.
I was trying to think of the last qb to basically be incompetent and then emerge like a phoenix in his early 30's and the only name I could come up with was George Blanda.

Does Geno have a mean straight ahead kick?

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A little push back on Chrissy’s commentary on Cooper Kupp’s lack of physicality:

I'm glad to see some pushback. You know that Chrissie would never say that about players that he dreams about. Only for the pastie
guys as even though Chrissie played himself for many years, he is still a CUCK inside and out!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It’s wonderful everyone is happy that Collinsworth is getting called out. However just being happy about it and not using it as momentum to spur the conversation further doesn’t do much good.

Warhawk_46

Master
How many remain effective as runners for long? Russell Wilson is the best Black QB since Warren Moon and even he runs it far less now than he used to. Any quarterback has to become an effective passer to have longevity. The college programs and the NFL will keep the push going as they've been doing for a quarter century now and as a result it's finally been paying more noticeable dividends. I don't see White QBs ever becoming as rare as White WRs have become but Black QBs may well become the majority as they keep being force-fed into the NFL.
I think the direction of the caste system is going to be dependent on how we
Combat cultural Marxism in greater society. They have become so in-your-face that there is a very real, slowly growing yet growing indeed, pushback from people.

I see it in message boards, where people push back against the media when they denigrate a white athlete who is clearly Uber athletic. I think as they continue to sow division, they are creating an environment where white people (and Asian and Hispanic to a degree) are beginning to call out the false lifting of black culture.

I think things are moving slowly, but the wheel is turning nonetheless. We are just in the middle of cultural Marxist death throes… the animal is getting backed into a corner and the more fights, the more we can see it as a scared, corned animal.