2022 NFL Week 9

sprintstar

Mentor
glad to hear Miller was involved in this game. He is a dangerous receiver with his lightening speed and route running..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Didn’t watch the game but it looks like Willis couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Flint

Mentor
Didn’t watch the game but it looks like Willis couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.
He was 5/16, last game he threw 10 times. Brady threw 58 times in his game. Who signs and plays a QB like that? Think of all the better options out there. It's ridiculous!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
He was 5/16, last game he threw 10 times. Brady threw 58 times in his game. Who signs and plays a QB like that? Think of all the better options out there. It's ridiculous!
Seems like the coaches are content letting some of these black quarterbacks run the ball as much as they can so they can throw it as little as possible. The Bears seem to have found the magic formula that is turning Justin Fields into a star (the jewish media's words, not mine). Over the last 5 games they've let Fields run it between 8 and 15 times per game. Its only resulted in one win but boy oh boy it makes Field valuable in fantasy football.

Serious point, I thought lessons were learned in the past decades with RGIII (and out), Vick, Newton and others about running these QBs into the ground and the importance of having them develop as pocket passers? Seems that's all gone out the window with some of these guys and the organizations plan to use up all of the tread before they hit 30.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Seems like the coaches are content letting some of these black quarterbacks run the ball as much as they can so they can throw it as little as possible. The Bears seem to have found the magic formula that is turning Justin Fields into a star (the jewish media's words, not mine). Over the last 5 games they've let Fields run it between 8 and 15 times per game. Its only resulted in one win but boy oh boy it makes Field valuable in fantasy football.

Serious point, I thought lessons were learned in the past decades with RGIII (and out), Vick, Newton and others about running these QBs into the ground and the importance of having them develop as pocket passers? Seems that's all gone out the window with some of these guys and the organizations plan to use up all of the tread before they hit 30.

If I remember correctly back in 2013/2014 when the read option came into play defenses would defend it by hitting both the QB and RB. I don’t see that happening anymore. Much like I don’t see a spy assigned to keeping a qb in the pocket. Maybe it’s rule changes which wouldn’t surprise me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Linebacker Blake Martinez lead the Raiders with 11 total tackles (8 solo) yesterday. It took a few weeks but it seems he getting the necessary snaps now. Glad he’s landed on his feet.
I'd be cautious about reading too much into that. As I mentioned in the 2022 Raiders thread today, Josh McDaniels has been royally screwing 100 catch 1,000 yard receiver Hunter Renfrow in his "new" offense. Knowing that, I checked out the snap counts from yesterday's game, and while Martinez's snaps went from 23% to 31% to 91% yesterday, Divine Deablo, who had been playing 100% of the snaps every week, suddenly dropped to 3% yesterday. Turns out Deablo was injured on the second play of the game, so that explains why Martinez's snaps jumped the way they did.

McDaniels appears to be even more of a Caste Clown with the Raiders than he was when he coached Denver, so we'll have to see if Martinez continues to get more snaps or if it was a one game aberration due to Deablo's injury. God forbid a linebacker who ranks among the top five in tackles every year would get to start when someone named "Divine Deablo" is on the roster of a 2-6 team.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I'd be cautious about reading too much into that. As I mentioned in the 2022 Raiders thread today, Josh McDaniels has been royally screwing 100 catch 1,000 yard receiver Hunter Renfrow in his "new" offense. Knowing that, I checked out the snap counts from yesterday's game, and while Martinez's snaps went from 23% to 31% to 91% yesterday, Divine Deablo, who had been playing 100% of the snaps every week, suddenly dropped to 3% yesterday. Turns out Deablo was injured on the second play of the game, so that explains why Martinez's snaps jumped the way they did.

McDaniels appears to be even more of a Caste Clown with the Raiders than he was when he coached Denver, so we'll have to see if Martinez continues to get more snaps or if it was a one game aberration due to Deablo's injury. God forbid a linebacker who ranks among the top five in tackles every year would get to start when someone named "Divine Deablo" is on the roster of a 2-6 team.
You are probably right. I guess time will tell.

The reason I am cautiously optimistic for Martinez actually has nothing to do with this buffoon McDaniels. McDaniels is clearly a solid OC who's ceiling is just that and has no idea to run a team. He'll be fired before his contract expires. The reason for my optimism is actually the black DC Patrick Graham, who was his coach with the Giants. From all accounts Graham is a huge Martinez fan so I do actually think he could start now that he's getting up to speed with the team and further removed from his injury. However, with a name like Divine Deablo there might just be too much upside and hip wiggle for Blake to overcome....

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
How many of you guys are surprised at the current standings? I am fairly surprised and disappointed at what we've seen so far from some of our CF favorites; and that includes teams and individuals (Brady and Stafford being standout examples). Also, I know the Eagles have a good defense, but 8 and 0? Pretty bizarre. And what in the world are the Bills doing losing to the Jets? Not a rant, but I'm just bewildered at what we're seeing this year...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How many of you guys are surprised at the current standings? I am fairly surprised and disappointed at what we've seen so far from some of our CF favorites; and that includes teams and individuals (Brady and Stafford being standout examples). Also, I know the Eagles have a good defense, but 8 and 0? Pretty bizarre. And what in the world are the Bills doing losing to the Jets? Not a rant, but I'm just bewildered at what we're seeing this year...
i agree and it seems like the teams with magical quarterbacks or at least many of them are unstoppable. Just look at Miami. Tyrek Hill
is on target for a 2000 yard season receiving and they seem unbeatable all of a sudden. Well at least it's the half way point so there is
still time for many of the teams we love and root for to turn it around. I was releived the Bucs won on Sunday even though I also love
the Rams. I think the Bucs needed the win more.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I concur. I do think the Bucs needed the win more. It seems like the Rams are falling apart, especially with no real run game to speak of. We know that could be fixed seemingly, but I guess none of us have called the Rams front office yet. Lol.

El Gringo

Mentor
No touches for Hill in the first quarter while Kamara has rushed 4 time for 6yards. This isnt brain surgery just get your most athletic player the ball!

Rocky B

Master
No touches for Hill in the first quarter while Kamara has rushed 4 time for 6yards. This isnt brain surgery just get your most athletic player the ball!
I’ve been watching this sh!tshow for THill....One predictable carry.....
Hopefully the second half will have more Tasim.

Flint

Mentor
I noticed Sunday the Lions had 4 pale faces playing defense on some snaps. Hutchinson, Anzalone, Rodriguez, and Cominsky. Also it was the teams best defensive play of the year. Coincidence? I think not.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I concur. I do think the Bucs needed the win more. It seems like the Rams are falling apart, especially with no real run game to speak of. We know that could be fixed seemingly, but I guess none of us have called the Rams front office yet. Lol.

I haven't given up on the Rams just yet. They are still defending Super Bowl Champions and they quite possibly have a good run in them
to string together a long winning streak. I hate games like the Rams vs Bucs because it's hard to figure out who to root for? I just think
the Bucs were already in a must win just about. The team seemed to be imploding. Even with all their mistakes a win is a win.

Yes Taysom Hill has been ignorred tonight. They can't have the most athletic player showing off on MNF can they? Oh what their
bosses would say? Just be good little puppets and repeat after me. White's all need to be replaced in all of society. Sports is just
the tip of the iceburg.

Warhawk_46

Master
It’s so frustrating to watch the Ravens embrace their duel threat quarterback while at the same time the Saints have made their s a gimmicky utility player.

The only difference between the Ravens’ and the Saints’ is the former is black and the latter white. Can’t have an ultra-athletic white qb now can we?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Can someone explain to me why a healthy Taysom Hill had 1 pass attempt and 1 rush all night long in a name the Saints needed?
You really can't make this stuff up. Was it a phantom injury. Maybe a mosquito bit him on the sidelines or an ant attack. Lol.

icsept

Master
What a disgusting end to Week 9. The Saints clearly had no interest or intention to win the game. Their failure to utilize Taysom Hill was egregious. Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson is running wild and only passes for 133 yards. I can remember last year all the talking heads screaming that Taysom Hill is not a quarterback. Now the same guys are drooling over Justin Fields (123 yards passing.)

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hugh coaching error by the Saints not electing to utilize Tayson Hill much more often. It's the second prime time nationally televised game that this has happened, reasons unknown. Even Al Michaels opined a couple of weeks ago that he thought he would see more of Taysom in the game. He actually sounded disappointed. At least, coach Allen is sticking with Dalton for now. We'll see, there are rumblings.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So is Werner done for the season? He was rounding into one of the best LBs in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Werner was supposedly questionable to return to the game so hopefully it isn't serious. . .

todder

Saints waive Jake Funk before Monday night game. This Rams and Saints action seems to carry a curse.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
One successful white running back per year is all that’s allowed apparently. Ridiculous league