2022 NFL Week 5

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
First it was free Andy Isabella. I think we need to start a chant of Free Cmac!

On another note it's sad that the Rams don't give Jake Funk any carries. They gave him some carries last year. Not alot but
he got some before he was injured. It would be nice to see them get him a few reps as a 3rd running back. I would even like
to see him lineup like Skowronek a little just to get him a little involved. His explosiveness cannot be denied but he is sadly
wasting away on the bench.
I don't recall ever seeing Darrell Henderson make a move. He just runs until the first defender tackles him. Akers isn't any better, gotta believe Funk could hold his own if given a chance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great burst by Cmac on that 19 yard touchdown. Maybe Carolina can someday before the season is over find out how to do this
on a routine basis. They are not playing to McCaffreys Strengths. Baker Mayfield also has to take care of the ball. That interception
hurt as they are down to 1 quarter to go. Looking like another loss for the Panthers. Happy for Jimmy G. and the Niners. Glad they
are getting George Kittle more involved today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great burst by Cmac on that 19 yard touchdown. Maybe Carolina can someday before the season is over find out how to do this
on a routine basis. They are not playing to McCaffreys Strengths. Baker Mayfield also has to take care of the ball. That interception
hurt as they are down to 1 quarter to go. Looking like another loss for the Panthers. Happy for Jimmy G. and the Niners. Glad they
are getting George Kittle more involved today.

If the Panthers don't win out the rest of October I'd have to assume that McCaffery would be on the trade block. The Panthers are lacking draft picks and he should be able to fetch them some draft capital. Not knocking Mayfield either - he lifted an awful Browns team from a winless season to the playoffs in a matter of two years. Offensive playcalling is very bad for Carolina.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Take away Kupp's big play and he has 8 receiving yards for the game and Stafford once again would be without a TD pass. Any resemblance between this year's Ram offense and last year's is mostly coincidental other than Cooper once again playing great.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If the Panthers don't win out the rest of October I'd have to assume that McCaffery would be on the trade block. The Panthers are lacking draft picks and he should be able to fetch them some draft capital. Not knocking Mayfield either - he lifted an awful Browns team from a winless season to the playoffs in a matter of two years. Offensive playcalling is very bad for Carolina.
I heard of discussions of this but his salary is an obstacle I think a win now team similar to the Rams last year could gamble on a trade for him but the writer that discussed this felt his injury history and whether the Panthers were willing to eat some of his salary could be another obstacle for a trade.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Cardinals lose - they are 0-3 at home to start the year. They signed Murray to a 240+million dollar contract in the offseason :smash2:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Cardinals lose - they are 0-3 at home to start the year. They signed Murray to a 240+million dollar contract in the offseason :smash2:
Yea, the Cards are in a bad place. 2-3 but easily could have been 1-4 is the Raiders didn’t have a 4th quarter collapse. As far as investing that much in a QB, it only works if it’s an elite guy who makes everyone on the offense better. Murray is very average so his large piece of the pie will hinder roster development in future seasons. They simply won’t have the money to lock up impending free agents or go out and sign top guys.

Flint

Mentor
I heard of discussions of this but his salary is an obstacle I think a win now team similar to the Rams last year could gamble on a trade for him but the writer that discussed this felt his injury history and whether the Panthers were willing to eat some of his salary could be another obstacle for a trade.
I don’t remember a top RB getting traded in a long time. There’s too much risk on the part of the receiving team.

Flint

Mentor
Steelers easily felled by the Bills which everyone with two braincells to rub together should have expected. They continue to remain winless without T.J. Watt which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Kenny Pickett had a solid performance despite his abysmal receiving corps. Najee Harris aka Trent Richardson 2.0 had 20 rushing yards on 11 attempts for a putrid 1.8 YPC. This is the same team that cut Max Borghi without giving him a single carry.
Kinda nice that the Steelers are doing poorly without Big Ben. Shows everybody that he was the reason they won not the “genius” Tomlin. Just like how many Super Bowls are the Patriots going to win without Brady?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda nice that the Steelers are doing poorly without Big Ben. Shows everybody that he was the reason they won not the “genius” Tomlin. Just like how many Super Bowls are the Patriots going to win without Brady?

I don't recall anyone, even the most drunk of the DWFs in these parts, referring to Tomlin as a genius. :roflmao:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
BS phantom penalty erases a great sack By Hubbard!

Now refs make up for it with a offensive holding. Fuggin refs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hate for it to come with another loss today but let's celebrate some good news. Cooper Kupp is now up to 2nd place in the
NFL in receiving yards. Justin Jefferson is in 1st place but he is only up by 20 yards. I want to see Kupp lead the leage in back
to back seasons and maybe go back to back for the triple crown award for receiving. That would be so sweet! Now let's get
the Rams back to winning some games soon. I really hope with their dismal running game that they give Funk a chance!

todder

The Ravens have loaded up on white PS WRs: Isabella, Bailey, Bolden and Webb.

Last edited:

jacque

Guru
I think Kupp has the reception title on lock. Good chance he can lead the league in yards as well, but TDs is the only one I’m worried about when it comes to winning the triple crown again

backrow

Hall of Famer
Nice heads up play by Skowronek on Cooper's long TD.

I also can't believe that Panthers still haven't figured out that CMac to the outside would be benefitial to the team... Maybe they'll get the memo after this game? No wonder he only has 1 rushing TD after 5 games of the season. What a waste.

wile

Master
Won't be wasting any money on lotto tickets this week, another wipeout weekend for sports for this household, none of our teams came close to winning anything. The Packers game was not bad to watch except for losing though it was good to see some white men on the Giants of course do the heavy lifting on the O side of course none on the D side of the ball.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Taysom Hill was MVP for the Saints yesterday, clearly. Wow, though, Pete Werner is tearing it up. He has been incredible so far. He is definitely worthy of co-MVP honors. I remember what Joe Theismann said about Brian Urlacher one time. That there were two of him on the field. I see Pete Werner everywhere, there are multiple number 20's on the field at any given time, I believe. :)

Last edited: