2022 NFL Week 4

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies, Don. I would love to post on the games; however, I will not support the NFL with my viewership. I guess I could track box scores but my solace on Sunday is coming to CF to see how the guys are doing.
With all due respect, whether you watch or not changes nothing. Post here, with the goal of reaching those who can be reached, which is a lot more than there used to be, and you just may be part of positive change.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
In the defense optional game, Cody Barton, Malcom Rodriguez, Alex Anzalone and Aidan Hutchinson had a lot of tackles.

The Lions defense is bad. Will Campbell fire Aaron Glenn his DC? Or will the not enough black head coaches movement prevent him from doing so? At least Goff is doing his part - he's had a stellar first quarter of the season.

wile

Master
Geez I make a post alluding to the low quality late games and it turns into a conservative struggle session. Anyway I miss the missing posters a lot of knowledge about sports thanks NFL for nothing

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Geez I make a post alluding to the low quality late games and it turns into a conservative struggle session. Anyway I miss the missing posters a lot of knowledge about sports thanks NFL for nothing
I'm not a conservative so you're way off the mark there. In fact, there's no way to stereotype the political views of posters here, though I do enjoy your perspectives and the way you take conservatives to task.

wile

Master
We can always watch Rings of Power. Anyway since the Packers won I’m gonna watch the game and marvel how they barely beat the 3rd string QB.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty enjoyable seeing Cooper Rush's streak continue. He is impressive and it just goes to show how clueless teams are when it comes to QBs. He's better than Winston, Fields, Bridgewater, Smiff easily. If Prescott struggles when he returns I'd love to see Jerrah have a QB controversy on his hands.

El Gringo

Mentor
Pretty enjoyable seeing Cooper Rush's streak continue. He is impressive and it just goes to show how clueless teams are when it comes to QBs. He's better than Winston, Fields, Bridgewater, Smiff easily. If Prescott struggles when he returns I'd love to see Jerrah have a QB controversy on his hands.
Pumped about Rush!! I hope his streak continues and creates the qb controversy that Jerry Jones wanted. https://www.fox4news.com/sports/jerry-jones-wants-a-qb-controversy-in-dallas.amp

Horvath who has a better RAS score than any running back on the roster despite being 6’3 240 received no touches today! He had two receiving touchdowns the first two games, but no touches. The last two must’ve pissed off the black running backs. I had high hopes that they would get him involved this season. I have been browsing some of the San Diego chargers message boards and they looked at the ras numbers and actually want him to get some touches.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Travis Kelce is simply without peers. Gronk was right there but Kelce is incredibly durable to go along with his all-time best numbers for a tight end.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
How did mcadoo get the offensive coordinator job for Carolina? He’s awful.
I noticed this last week. The passing game looked very rudimentary. And the play calling for Christian was horrible.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I would say better than Murray as well. Even though Arizona won today, the Panthers let them off the hook. They should've or was in position to beat the Cardinals, but 2 interceptions and 1 fumble lost, 7-9 batted balls cost them. Murray received plenty of chances to win. You can only give the opponent so many opportunities. Just wasn't that impressed with Murray.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I would say better than Murray as well. Even though Arizona won today, the Panthers let them off the hook. They should've or was in position to beat the Cardinals, but 2 interceptions and 1 fumble lost, 7-9 batted balls cost them. Murray received plenty of chances to win. You can only give the opponent so many opportunities. Just wasn't that impressed with Murray.

Forgot about Murray - He's one of the most loathsome black quarterbacks of the bunch. Spoiled, entitled, childish, dramatic - got his 200+ million dollar contract and has in no way shape or form played up to that contract.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Murray is the most over-rated quarterback in the league. He's short and a decent passer at times, but he's mainly a runner and with each passing year that will be less of an advantage. Murray and the Kucksbury regime have gotten worse with each passing season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I noticed this last week. The passing game looked very rudimentary. And the play calling for Christian was horrible.
Yes. Nothing off tackle or out in space for McCaffrey at all running wise. Everything between the tackles where he was gobbled up almost every time. He was thrown to 9 times and caught all 9 passes for 81 yards. He ended up with 108 all-purpose yards. But if they don't get him outside more often, they're going to get him injured again before the season is over.
Mayfield is still inconsistent with his accuracy as well.

El Gringo

Mentor
Yes. Nothing off tackle or out in space for McCaffrey at all running wise. Everything between the tackles where he was gobbled up almost every time. He was thrown to 9 times and caught all 9 passes for 81 yards. He ended up with 108 all-purpose yards. But if they don't get him outside more often, they're going to get him injured again before the season is over.
Mayfield is still inconsistent with his accuracy as well.
He should just fake an injury, call it a season and try to get the hell out of Carolina (no offense buddy). I don’t know what his contract structure looks like a but take a pay cut and go to a playoff team.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
He should just fake an injury and call it a season and try to get the hell out of Carolina (no offense buddy). I don’t know what his contract structure looks like a but take a pay cut and go to a playoff team.
None taken my friend. I agree. I look forward to watching him on Sunday's because he's local, but I would rather see him be the best RB in the league on another team than see him get demolished week end and week out.

Mayfield's struggles are disheartening, but he may need time to adjust to the new environment. There's still time for improvement. No doubt the system isn't helping matters for him either.

Something I've noticed about Mayfield is that his rookie season is still his best. He threw for a career high 27 TDs and had the highest Y/A of his career as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mayfield's struggles are disheartening, but he may need time to adjust to the new environment. There's still time for improvement. No doubt the system isn't helping matters for him either.

Something I've noticed about Mayfield is that his rookie season is still his best. He threw for a career high 27 TDs and had the highest Y/A of his career as well.
Welcome to the site! I agree about Mayfield. I really do not think his struggles in Carolina are indicative of his ability. The scheme, personnel and play calling have alot to do with it. The fact McCaffery is not being utilized as the centerpiece of this offense is bewildering.

Welcome to the site! I agree about Mayfield. I really do not think his struggles in Carolina are indicative of his ability. The scheme, personnel and play calling have alot to do with it. The fact McCaffery is not being utilized as the centerpiece of this offense is bewildering.
Thanks for the welcome. The McCaffrey situation is how we know strange things are afoot with the Panthers offense. It's a shame to see such a brilliant player be misused by an incompetent coaching staff. It's a testament to his greatness that he's still producing at a high level despite it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How about Jared Goff with another great game -- 26/379/4 in a losing effort in the highest scoring game so far this season. He's followed up his strong finish to last season with really nice place this season. In today's game his top two receivers were injured -- so depleted that Tom Kennedy was called up from the practice squad. T. J. Hockensen was unstoppable and hopefully Goff now realizes just how good his tight end is.

Goff has been playing at a high level even after being written off and unfairly maligned. Very impressive. 2022 is shaping up to be his best season since 2018.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
New Yorkers will remember McAdoo from his time as Giants head coach. He was an incompetent buffoon who was in over his head for two seasons. One of his final achievements was to start the first black QB in franchise history (under pressure from the black GM). Late in the season he benched Eli Manning for Geno Smiff. Even the NY DWFs were very pissed off by this and his fate was sealed at that moment.

The stupendously talented Christian Kirk with his four-year, $72 million contract, targeted by Lawrence 9 times but caught two of them.

Kenny Pickett had an impressive game despite being haphazardly thrown into the second half by Tomlin. While Trubisky was getting too much heat for his play over the past few games, the offense definitely seemed to move better with Pickett starting. Funnily enough in 1 half he has more rushing TDs than 2021 1st round pick Najee Harris has in the entire season so far. A player who is looking more and more like a bust with each passing day. Still can't believe Steelers cut Borghi without even giving him a chance.