2022 NFL Week 2

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White receivers are a lot better at not taking hits than previously. They've learned, and it helps that there's a few more of them than there used to be although nowhere remotely near the number that should be playing in the NFL. (At least two-thirds if not more.)

Ed McCaffrey, Tom Waddle, Tim Dwight and others were kamikazes, who took one vicious hit after another, in large part because they were such rarities and White receivers felt they had to prove their toughness at all costs. I can remember Dwight missing games because of a collapsed lung he suffered after one particularly nasty hit, it was outright brutality they subjected themselves to.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WR Gabe Davis is injured, which is giving Kumerow an opportunity, just caught a third down pass!

white is right

Hall of Famer
White receivers are a lot better at not taking hits than previously. They've learned, and it helps that there's a few more of them than there used to be although nowhere remotely near the number that should be playing in the NFL. (At least two-thirds if not more.)

Ed McCaffrey, Tom Waddle, Tim Dwight and others were kamikazes, who took one vicious hit after another, in large part because they were such rarities and White receivers felt they had to prove their toughness at all costs. I can remember Dwight missing games because of a collapsed lung he suffered after one particularly nasty hit, it was outright brutality they subjected themselves to.
I remember that on third downs the possession receiver would come on the field and the chain moving curl pattern would be thrown the to receiver and the receiver he would be targeted for a kill shot to the helmet with a helmet on helmet hit or when they banned that a forearm shiver to the head.

This practice ended Wayne Chrebet's career and Waddle's too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good to see Tannehill start off going 8-10. The only thing is they need to block and give him more time to set up the medium and
deep passes. I like both of these teams so I'm just rooting for all of the players we like on both sides.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
39 yard reception by Kumerow, showing off his "deceptive speed."

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
He flew right past the CB - great play!

LF, that was highly touted Caleb Farley drafted number 22 overall even though he had been injury prone at Virginia Tech. He is from the same area of NC where I live. He had an ACL tear last season. Although I'm glad for Kumerow, Farley's a pretty good kid. I knew his mother. She died of Cancer. I feel for folks that get Cancer being a stage 4 Cancer survivor myself.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He flew right past the CB - great play!

We have waited to see this for far too long. The Packers were so stupid to treat him with no respect. Even Aaron Rodgers said so. Happy
for Kumerow and hopefully they will find him playing time even when other guys get healthy. He cannot be stopped with his combination
of size and speed! Like with most of our guys though, the sad fact is that Jake Kumero is already 30 years of age yet has barely played!

Last edited:

northwinds

Mentor
Theilan has not been targeted once tonight…..unreal…..it’s like he slept with cousins wife or something…….

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let me guess ……Theilan to Jefferson for the 30th time tonight….intercepted in the end zone……

Justin Jefferson has been targeted 11 times yet he only caught 5 of them. Yet I hear the media constantly say that guys
like Jefferson, Samuel and others are the best receivers in the nfl. No it's Cooper Kupp. The guys catches everything!

Thielen up to 2 catches for 18 yards. I remember how Jordy Nelson was ignorred late in his career even when wide open. Tonight
was all about their qb push. They want them all to be the same and they want all of us gone. Disgusting.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Sills will become a must target for Daniel Jones in my honest opinion. They will click more and more as the chemistry increases. Exciting times for the Giants as they actually have a slight chance to be a playoff team for the first time in many years.

Jets punter Braden Mann made two crucial plays in his team's epic comeback win over the odious Browns - a fake punt that kept a drive alive and led to a score, and the perfectly placed onside kick near the end of the game that was recovered by the Jets and led to the game-winning touchdown.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Jets punter Braden Mann made two crucial plays in his team's epic comeback win over the odious Browns - a fake punt that kept a drive alive and led to a score, and the perfectly placed onside kick near the end of the game that was recovered by the Jets and led to the game-winning touchdown.
A rare shoutout for a punter! These guys never get the credit they deserve. Thanks for sharing.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I'll throw in another! Eagles punter Arryn Siposs saved a touchdown with a great form tackle after a blocked field goal against Minnesota.