2022 NFL Week 11

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll rejoice too. The media hype regarding this guy in the last month has been some of the most absurd I’ve ever seen.

A few weeks ago I commented that they we running him around 15 times a game, which has been the only thing which sparked the offense. While this is good in the interim, it’s a foolish strategy for anyone thinking past the current opponent. First, it’s not leading to wins. Second, it’s got to be taking a physical toll. Third, is giving Field an easy out to not have to develop as a passer. Back in Tebow’s shortly lived starting career he was roundly criticized for running the ball too much and not developing as a passer. Meanwhile, the Broncos were actually winning. Is anyone criticizing Fields and the Chicago coaches? I haven’t heard anything.
To be fair, the Jets and Patriots just put on a 10-3 snoozer that the Pats won at the very end of the game. Second year 1st round QBs Jones vs. Wilson, not exactly a shootout. At least the Bears have an offense. I don't judge QBs harshly until their third season unless it's obvious they're a bust.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
To be fair, the Jets and Patriots just put on a 10-3 snoozer that the Pats won at the very end of the game. Second year 1st round QBs Jones vs. Wilson, not exactly a shootout. At least the Bears have an offense. I don't judge QBs harshly until their third season unless it's obvious they're a bust.
The Ravens offense didn't to much either and have the supposed most dynamic QB ever under center. The Eagles offense has also sputtered in recent weeks. For me it's frustrating to remember back to the early 2000s when opposing teams assigned spies to the QB and again in 2013/2014 when teams figured out how to play the zone read to see all of these things still happening with great frequency and success. It's like history never happened and there are no answers when in fact it's all been done before.

I also agree with year three being a measuring stick. I feel that Lawrence is right on schedule and the he will be very good next year. There are exceptions and there are also QBs that get thrown into terrible circumstances and become the scapegoat.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
That’s a reasonable way to judge young quarterbacks.

But my point with Fields is not to say he’s a bust. Clearly he’s having a lot of success generating offense but my point is that it’s predicated off of running the ball 15+ times a game. How is that sustainable and how does it develop Fields as a passer, which he’ll have to do if he wants to avoid being another RGIII. I just watched the highlights and Fields was shaken up on 2 plays, both designated runs. Again, I don’t see anyone in the media questioning any of this when Tebow and Taysom were.

TwentyTwo

Master
Taysom Hill was the Saints leading rusher ...52 yards on 9 carries + 14 yards passing & 1 catch for 8 yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Ravens offense didn't to much either and have the supposed most dynamic QB ever under center. The Eagles offense has also sputtered in recent weeks. For me it's frustrating to remember back to the early 2000s when opposing teams assigned spies to the QB and again in 2013/2014 when teams figured out how to play the zone read to see all of these things still happening with great frequency and success. It's like history never happened and there are no answers when in fact it's all been done before.
That's a good point. There's no question the league is being changed much like college ball was to make the game more Black QB friendly. I just happen to believe that it's not productive for us to respond with kneejerk condemnation of every Black QB all the time. A lot of them aren't very good while some are. The forces behind the Caste System and the Great Replacement are relentless. All we can do is respond in a way that reaches those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The local Fox affiliate switched to the Carolina game after the Giants game ended. What a dumpster fire the Panthers are. Interim HC Steve Wilks has them playing with a little grit and I have no issue with him taking over. However, how come the race hucksters had an issue with Jeff Saturday getting an interim position but not Wilks? Rhetorical question of course.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill was the Saints leading rusher ...52 yards on 9 carries + 14 yards passing & 1 catch for 8 yards.
Glad to see it!

On defense Kaden Elliss has filled in seamlessly for the injured Pete Werner. Today Kaden lead the team with 11 tackles (6 solo and 1 for a loss), 1.5 sacks, 1 pass defensed and 2 QB hits. A dominate effort that shows he could easily be a starting NFL linebacker. Hopefully he gets a chance with the Saints or someone else next year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mark Schlereth, a long-time member of the Caste Clown Hall of Fame, Broadcasters Division, just sang the praises of Josh Jacobs' "oily hips."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lot of really lousy early games. Not too much to get excited about. Many teams don’t appear to have functional NFL offenses.
I decided to take a long time out and mow the grass and do some chores. Back now hoping to some hilites.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Kickers rarely get credit but Tyler Bass was the Bills MVP today. 6 field goals with a long of 56 yards!

Kaptain

Master
Dalton had a good game but it's quite apparent that Taysom has been underused the whole year. Even Sean Payton, who has betrayed Taysom at least twice by starting Bridgewater and then Jameis ahead of him, has called for Taysom to be used more and at least let into the QB meetings.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Too bad he isn't on the Rams. Talk about a lack of a running game not that the Saints are much better. The only reason I don't
feel as bad for Taysom Hill as many other of our guys is that he got paid. I would rather watch him play as he is amazing but he
is very rich. Most of our guys never get the chance or the contract. One of the two isn't as bad as most of our guys fair.

Kaptain

Master
Too bad he isn't on the Rams. Talk about a lack of a running game not that the Saints are much better. The only reason I don't
feel as bad for Taysom Hill as many other of our guys is that he got paid. I would rather watch him play as he is amazing but he
is very rich. Most of our guys never get the chance or the contract. One of the two isn't as bad as most of our guys fair.
Unfortunetly his contract is a problem with him playing QB as the Saints would have to pay him considerable more. I'm not sure of the exact snap count or whatever the incentive is but it gives the Saints an excuse not to play him at QB especially with their playoffs chances so slim now.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Vikings not looking good at home vs Dallas. Thielen with only two catches. They need to turn this around quick.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Maxx Crosby blocks a short field goal right before the half.

For the broncos, they are being lead by their dual WTMs. Jewell has 7 total tackles already with a sack and Singleton is second with 5 total.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Crosby is the best DE in the NFL this year. I think Nick Bosa is a close number 2. Weird that there aren’t more White d-lineman drafted each year….
When doing the college team previews on most teams there are several White TEs that fill up the roster without any consideration of having them convert to DE. Most TEs and DEs have the same physical builds. We see the small sample size of White DEs in the NFL play very well - one would think converting more over to the defensive side in college would be a no brainer.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Add another tackle and another sack for Maxx -- simply unstoppable!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Andy Dalton was 21-25 today for 260 yards. It's the kind of performance he needed to quiet the detractors. Finally, the Saints used T. Hill in a variety of ways.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kmet starting to look like the first rounder that he is.

That is by far the best catch I've seen all season long by any tightend or receiver! Amazing hand/eye coordination and man
did he go up as high as a bird to get it. LIke his swagger. Just a little and it shows confidence!