2022 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Early returns look good. They need to invite every senior starter from both the Iowa and Wisconsin defense.

Red Raider

Mentor
More Senior Bowl updates

Iowa State LB Mike Rose
Colorado State TE Trey McBride
Michigan OL Andrew Steuber

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
More Senior Bowl updates

Iowa State LB Mike Rose
Colorado State TE Trey McBride
Michigan OL Andrew Steuber

Nice. McBride should win the Mackey. Rose is a great all around LB.

Really lacking in the skill positions with the invites so far though.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I looked at a mock draft. Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson is being projected as a top 10 pick.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
CMU LT Bernhard Raimann invited to Senior Bowl...1st round buzz. His teammate RT Luke Goedeke also invited.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Iowa St TE Charlie Kolar with an invite as well. This TE class is pretty deep.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
North Dakota OT Matt Waletzko invited to Senior Bowl. Scouring the roster so far it’s getting less and less white friendly as more invites go out. Hopefully some of the big names we are all familiar with get an invite.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pitt QB Kenny Pickett gets a Senior Bowl invite. He's this year's Joe Burrow/Mac Jones. After watching him play this season he's my favorite prospect in the draft.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Pitt QB Kenny Pickett gets a Senior Bowl invite. He's this year's Joe Burrow/Mac Jones. After watching him play this season he's my favorite prospect in the draft.

Good for Kenny! Should be a 1st Rd pick!

Pretty sure Borghi will get an invite!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
MTSU S Reed Blankenship with a Shrine game invite...he should get a Senior Bowl invite.

Clemson S Nolan Turner should get an invite to an all star game as well.

The Senior Bowl is inviting players from some really bad defenses to the Senior bowl - LSU and Texas have two of the worst defenses in the country and somehow their players are deemed worthy of a showcase while dominant defenses like Iowa, Wisconsin and Clemson are all seeing no White defensive players invited yet at all.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ohio St TE Jeremy Ruckert invited to Senior Bowl. They have alot of work to do to though in terms of inviting deserving White athletes to the game. Numbers look pretty bad right now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
As expected, Alec Pierce is headed to the senior bowl!

Glad to see him get the invite. Only 20/84 (not including the LS) invites are White so far. In a season where teams like Iowa and Wisconsin featured at least 10 senior defensive players between them for none of them to get invites yet is absurd. Cincinatti has 6 total invites to compare to Wisconsin's one and Iowa's zero so far.

Kenny Pickett was invited - not sure if he accepted or will opt out.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
@Leonardfan agreed! Henningsen, Nelson, Wilder, Sanborn are all worthy.

Campbell and VanValkenburg for Iowa jump out as well.

Happy for Pierce though!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@Leonardfan agreed! Henningsen, Nelson, Wilder, Sanborn are all worthy.

Campbell and VanValkenburg for Iowa jump out as well.

Happy for Pierce though!

Moss and Koerner as well. Not sure if they are going back to Iowa. I would have to think Moss is a 2nd rounder at this point.

All the White Clemson defensive players should get invites as well. I feel defense at the collegiate level took a step in the right direction this year and Iowa, Wisconsin, Clemson, Michigan along with UGA led the charge. All those teams outside of UGA have one or more impact players that are White and none of them are getting their proper treatment when it comes to their next level opportunities.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I was thinking Moss has another year! Koerner has been impressive as well, underrated. Unfortunately, he'll likely get ignored like past White Safeties from Iowa...

I do agree there are more stout caste friendly Defenses than usual!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I was thinking Moss has another year! Koerner has been impressive as well, underrated. Unfortunately, he'll likely get ignored like past White Safeties from Iowa...

I do agree there are more stout caste friendly Defenses than usual!

The whole covid eligibility rule throws me for a loop. I think he has another season if he wants it. For example Minnesota QB Tanner Morgan is returning for a 6th season.

TwentyTwo

Master
For sure the eligibility issues due to covid has been tricky!

See a new Mock Draft on CBS Sports
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...t-giants-select-replacement-for-daniel-jones/

#1st Pick Overall to LIONS .... Michigan D-End Aidan Hutchinson ; who has been a monster this season!
#4th N.Y. JETS....Purdue D-End George Karlaftis; would be Leading Edge Rusher in most Draft seasons!
#7th N.Y. GIANTS....Pitt QB Kenny Pickett ; heir apparent to Daniel Jones?
#10th PANTHERS .....Nevada QB Carson Strong ; we have been on top of his career here @ CF
#13th SAINTS....Ole Miss QB Matt Corral ...should be in Heisman Top 3
#18th RAIDERS....Iowa Center Tyler Linderbaum ...
#27th TITANS... Left Tackle? Trevor Penning 6'-7" 321 Northern Iowa ...rapidly moving up Mock Draft boards after they thought he'd be a Solid Day 2 pick like ex team mate now Starter for Bills Spencer Brown 6'-8" 312

QB Malik Wills has dropped to late 1st Round @ 30 to Lions (Goff?) ..still way too high. (see Jordan Love); if he's not included in 1st Round there will likely be some rumblings. Could be wrong but the looks like a back up at best after watching this season.

Will be very curious to see where Iowa Corner Back Riley Moss goes? 2nd round? 3rd round? If he goes later we know why!

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
Britain Covey declares for the draft. I couldn’t believe he even had a year of eligibility left lol!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Britain Covey declares for the draft. I couldn’t believe he even had a year of eligibility left lol!

He reminds me a ton of Ryan Switzer, obviously. Mostly because they are Star Returners though! Let's hope he fares better as a Pro!

Britain Covey had an outstanding freshman year at Utah. Kind of fell off after his mission. Hope he gets a combine invite, but I wouldn't expect it. He also be, what, 24-25 now?