2022 College Football Week Six

TwentyTwo

Master
Quinn Ewers having a big game - Texas blowing out Oklahoma.
I got Drake Maye & Quinn Ewers 1a & 1b Top Freshman QB's; they beat Alabama if he doesnt get his shoulder slammed to the ground. He shredded Bama DB's 134 yards in 1st Qtr.

LSU True Freshman Left Tackle Will Campbell ( 6'-6" 325) was OUT today. Was in ER / Dehydrated Flu? yesterday ...they missed him in the run game. Ranked 6th overall according to ESPN New Freshman rankings.

TwentyTwo

Master
Stetson Bennett with a 64 yard rushing TD to put Georgia up by 25……..
Showing them wheels! Former Walk-on they asked whai f you played WR? Said "it would be ok ; but rather play DB"

UCLA's Jake Bobo 2 TD catches
Logan Loya 70 yard TD; nice run after the Catch

Carson Steele (Ball St) 24 carries 128 yards rushing late 4th qtr

Former Walk-on Tucker Gregg (Ga St) 109 yards rushing & 2 TD's 22 carries

El Gringo

Mentor
Showing them wheels! Former Walk-on they asked whai f you played WR? Said "it would be ok ; but rather play DB"

UCLA's Jake Bobo 2 TD catches
Logan Loya 70 yard TD; nice run after the Catch

Carson Steele (Ball St) 24 carries 128 yards rushing late 4th qtr

Former Walk-on Tucker Gregg (Ga St) 109 yards rushing & 2 TD's 22 carries
Very nice for Stetson!!!! Outrunning the worlds greatest athletes in the SEC! I love it

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't like how the Florida Gators are not looking Ricky Pearsalls way. Today he had 1 catch for 9 yards. Very strange that
such a talented receiver is just ignorred like that.

We have Clemson vs Boston College right now. Also BYU vs Notre Dame. Two great games but I will
mostly be focused on Clemson. They are ranked 5th in the nation and we need them to challenge for
a national championship with stud Will Shipley leading the way!

Rocky B

Master
I’m flipping between three games tonight and will be watching Filkins/Stanford later......Roberts at Air Force is nearing 100 yards already in the first half.....Gotta watch the Iowa D..... Shipley/Clemson is on now also...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jurkovec looked pretty good on the first drive - the WR should have caught that last pass.

Looks like Iowa has found some offense - getting LaPorta involved early.

Rocky B

Master
I watched the EMU game earlier...As mentioned earlier, Evans had a monster game...Box score watching I noticed Steele and Gregg had good games....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ohio WR Sam Wiglusz is a beast! 6-141-2 heading into the 4th quarter.

Texas Tech QB Behren Morton making his first start against a top 10 team, he looks like a future first rounder man he can sling it!

Did the coach decide to go with Morton over the quota? Any update on Shough?

Red Raider

Mentor
Did the coach decide to go with Morton over the quota? Any update on Shough?
Yep decided to bench him for Morton, Morton played really well but he got an ankle injury and it really derailed his mobility and the game went downhill from there. He has crazy arm talent! I think Shough might be back for the next game after this bye week next week, not sure if he will have a short leash considering how talented we now know Morton is.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yep decided to bench him for Morton, Morton played really well but he got an ankle injury and it really derailed his mobility and the game went downhill from there. He has crazy arm talent! I think Shough might be back for the next game after this bye week next week, not sure if he will have a short leash considering how talented we now know Morton is.

Good to know. I was high on Shough at Oregon - never understood why he was passed over. It's a shame he has not been able to stay healthy. Thanks for mentioning Morton - a name to monitor for the future!

Rocky B

Master
Alabama has a player named Kool-Aid
A teacher friend of mine had a kid in class named ABCDE

Ab-sa-dee

You can’t make this sh!t up.....
I stand corrected, they make this up all of the time. Holy crap.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Riley Moss FF. Iowa recovers deep in Illinois territory. Play stands!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
I don't like how the Florida Gators are not looking Ricky Pearsalls way. Today he had 1 catch for 9 yards. Very strange that
such a talented receiver is just ignorred like that.

We have Clemson vs Boston College right now. Also BYU vs Notre Dame. Two great games but I will
mostly be focused on Clemson. They are ranked 5th in the nation and we need them to challenge for
a national championship with stud Will Shipley leading the way!
it’s the black quarterback from Florida who is the issue, white lightning. he simply can’t throw the ball; he only threw for 66 yards (if memory serves) total in the game. the Gators’ leading receiver only had 1 catch for 20 yards.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jurkovec looked pretty good on the first drive - the WR should have caught that last pass.

Looks like Iowa has found some offense - getting LaPorta involved early.
rumors of Iowa’s offense being found are premature. LOL. Petras has looked terrible (missing WIDE open receivers on multiple occasions), and the Hawkeyes two running blacks have both dropped easy catches in the open field that would’ve been big plays, one would’ve been a walk-in touchdown.

the only playmaker for the Iowa offense appears to be LaPorta who has 5 catches in the first half.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Riley Moss FF. Iowa recovers deep in Illinois territory. Play stands!
Moss has been getting nothing but praise from the commentators, and he’s lived up to his billing so far. dude is good!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as i’ve been watching the Iowa-Illinois game, i’ve noticed that the Illini have a White athlete at kick returner. while he hasn’t yet had a chance to brig the ball out of the end zone, i went ahead and looked him up.

his name is Peyton Vining, and he has a terrific story. he’s a former D-III athlete who transferred to Illinois for a chance to play at a higher level after shining as a late bloomer at his tiny college. he had a 45-yard return the first time he touched the ball at the D-I level, and it’s the third-longest play of the year so far for Illinois.

Rocky B

Master
I watched the EMU game earlier...As mentioned earlier, Evans had a monster game...Box score watching I noticed Steele and Gregg had good games....

Looking over the stats, Evans’ weren’t monster stats but he just looks good. I wish Iowa still had him.....24-90-3 were his numbers....Tucker Gregg was 22-111-2 and Carson Steele was 28-124-0....

Shipley hasn’t had many carries so far.. The game is a snoozer.
DJU isn’t looking good....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
rumors of Iowa’s offense being found are premature. LOL. Petras has looked terrible (missing WIDE open receivers on multiple occasions), and the Hawkeyes two running blacks have both dropped easy catches in the open field that would’ve been big plays, one would’ve been a walk-in touchdown.

the only playmaker for the Iowa offense appears to be LaPorta who has 5 catches in the first half.

The offensive line doesn't look great either for Iowa. They really need to change up their protections.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Flipped on the ND game - Pyne looks 100 times better than the korean and he is feeding Mayer the ball. Mayer having a huge game!