2022 College Football Conference Championship Week

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Utah blows out USC. Great for the sport.
I forgot the game was on tonight. Would have loved to have seen it. I'm guessing most here didn't know as it's been quiet. Utah is now
10-3 on the season and headed for a good bowl game. Cameron Rising(mullet man) is such a fine athlete and a very good qb. He is
only a junior so he will be back and Utah should be really good again next fall. They will be losing Dalton Kincaid who I have hopes for
in the coming NFL Draft in April. He is a top 5 tightend in the NCAA in my opinon. Hope he has a good combine.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Beat them all over the field. Whites for Utah contributed heavily as the USC qb was under constant pressure and sacked a few times by White defensive ends.

Also I can't believe how many poor tackles were attempted by USC defensive backs and linebackers. You're told in pee wee ball to high school ball to never grab a player with the ball but wrap his legs and have him fall or stagger and help will arrive for the tackle. I guess the USC defensive players slept during these drills as all they did were upper body tackles that resulted in long gains to touchdowns.

Flint

Mentor
USC losing allows Ohio State to back into the playoffs. What a stupid system!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

I am watching some of the replay this morning and the announcers are SALIVATING over Caleb Williams. Calling him an Elite RB with 4.4 speed. Well, he's a QB and I looked up his 40 time because he got ran down on one of his early runs. He runs a 4.56. Why do these announcers make up these stories? If you run a 4.4, there's not too many people on the planet that should run you down. I'm going to hit the mute button.
I know some whites contributed, but I didn't see alot of them out there. Is Rising mixed/Mexican decent?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am watching some of the replay this morning and the announcers are SALIVATING over Caleb Williams. Calling him an Elite RB with 4.4 speed. Well, he's a QB and I looked up his 40 time because he got ran down on one of his early runs. He runs a 4.56. Why do these announcers make up these stories? If you run a 4.4, there's not too many people on the planet that should run you down. I'm going to hit the mute button.
I know some whites contributed, but I didn't see alot of them out there. Is Rising mixed/Mexican decent?
I believe Rising has a white father and mestizo mother.

jphoss

Mentor
Beat them all over the field. Whites for Utah contributed heavily as the USC qb was under constant pressure and sacked a few times by White defensive ends.

Also I can't believe how many poor tackles were attempted by USC defensive backs and linebackers. You're told in pee wee ball to high school ball to never grab a player with the ball but wrap his legs and have him fall or stagger and help will arrive for the tackle. I guess the USC defensive players slept during these drills as all they did were upper body tackles that resulted in long gains to touchdowns.
They would rather risk not making the tackle for the big hit than just bring the guy to the ground. The one usc db got the big hit once which didn’t even matter because there was defensive holding lol. But so many hidden yards come from just not tackling the guy to the ground or getting ridden 10 yards while trying fruitlessly to strip the ball

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
USC losing allows Ohio State to back into the playoffs. What a stupid system!

Either that or the playoff committee will find excuses to get Alabama back into the playoff. Agreed that it is a stupid system.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

That's what they do! Build them up with lies and half-truths. Williams is pretty damned unlikeable even by my standards. Arrogant, cocky, full of himself. Glad to see him lose yesterday.

booth

Mentor
Did ya'll see this hit on Rising last night? It was not called targeting. His parents' names are Nico and Eunice and Nico looks Hispanic.

jphoss

Mentor
That's what they do! Build them up with lies and half-truths. Williams is pretty damned unlikeable even by my standards. Arrogant, cocky, full of himself. Glad to see him lose yesterday.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he milked that injury of his bc he sensed Utah was the better team. A guy that cocky and classless has to have a fragile ego

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to UCF, Georgia, Clemson and Purdue vs Michigan to just name a few games today I will be watching or following. What a great
day of college football. :ole:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Duggan with 250 passing and 114 rushing! Just used his legs on abig time scramble to tie the game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Duggan with 250 passing and 114 rushing! Just used his legs on abig time scramble to tie the game.

He took over that last drive for them. Hope TCU wins this game as that drive was a "Heisman moment".

Howard should have been the starter all along for KSU.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He took over that last drive for them. Hope TCU wins this game as that drive was a "Heisman moment".

Howard should have been the starter all along for KSU.
Yes in a fair world it should be a Heisman for an undefeated qb on an undefeated TCU Team. The kid before today had over
3000 passing yards with 29 touchdowns to only 3 interceptions all season long. That is phenomenal. Heisman all day long in
my book but we know the voters prefer a certain type football player and Max Duggan is not what they like. Sorry but that
is the truth and we all know it. Yes he may still win it but I'm always suprised when our guys when despite deserving it while
countless other of our quarterbacks and running backs lose depite having the best stats and seasons to back it up! Just as I finished
typing this they lose by a field goal in overtime. Damn it was too good to be true!

TwentyTwo

Master
Gutsy effort by Max Duggan! But the Frogs fall short.....no way a 2 loss Bama deserves to jump a one loss TCU!

Couple Safeties showing out in the PAC 12 Championship! USC's Bryson Shaw #27(bloody bridge of nose) with Fumble recovery & big time pass break up perfectly timed (almost thought it was a PI)....and Utah's Cole Bishop #8 nice pass break up in the back of End Zone .

Both of these young dudes have a legit chance to become Starters in the NFL one day!

Caleb Williams with some humble pie after painting stupid message on his finger nails. Utah owns them! They are becoming a TE factory!

Phall

Master
Kansas State plays a handful of whites on defense. Nose tackle Eli Huggins got the 4th down stop in overtime.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kansas State plays a handful of whites on defense. Nose tackle Eli Huggins got the 4th down stop in overtime.

The optics of the KSU team were certainly better than TCU especially with Howard under center so the loss isn't that bad from a caste perspective. I think TCU still gets in to the playoff but the committee might have a few tricks up it's sleeve to get Alabama and Ohio State in over TCU.

Thanks for continuing to do the last remaining write-ups. I'll try to get a few done this weekend too.

jphoss

Mentor
I was pleasantly surprised with KSU. I remember when they were rolling out nearly all black players but I haven’t really paid attention much to them lately so maybe this new coach is using a different recruiting strategy

northwinds

Mentor
Stetson Bennett with 3 passing TDS in the first half of the SEC Championship game………tell me again why he does not deserve to be in New York……

wile

Master
Like to see Nussmeyer make a game out of it after this TD pass

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Georgia continues to look great early in the 3rd quarter.

Ladd McConkey with 5 for 69 yards and a touchdown.
Brocker Bowers with 5 for 58 yards and a touchdown.

Keep it rolling guys!