2022 Bowl Season

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty sad seeing people on twitter mock Bennett for being 25 years old. I have a feeling if Hendon Hooker were playing in this game they wouldn't be saying anything about his age (he'll be 25 in a few days).

northwinds

Mentor
Stetson Bennett with the 21 yard TD run on their first possession……most of his passes being caught by Bowers and McKonkey……

Bucky

Hall of Famer
McHonkey TD! I can stomach another SEC with him and Bowers showing out.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Fowler claims McHonkey “has the knees of a 60yr old!”

Cope harder.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Happy to see Ladd McConkey with a huge game so far. He had a 37 yard td reception! McConkey has 4 catches for 74 yards
in the first quarter. You love to see it! :beer-toast1:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Sophomore LB Chambliss getting playing time. He may be a starter next season. If Georgia can get native Georgian Sammy Brown, may see two white starting LB's at Georgia?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'll certainly be interested to see how Bennett and Bryce Young compare during the draft process with their height/weight. Bennett seems to have just about as good an arm as Young and looks more explosive running the ball. Young has already been anointed the 1st pick of the draft while Bennett is being treated like an after thought.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The fact Georgia runs TE jet sweeps with Bowers amazes me. Great athlete.

@Leonardfan Bennett will run well at combine! Better than Young.

TwentyTwo

Master
I guess this is the pace for the National Championship game? 1 one White defender, and 7 Whites on starting offense. 8/44, not too interesting.
Former Walk on Safety #17 Dan Jackson (DB thread) had surgery on knee OUT for the year...was a Starter
LB #32 Chaz Chambliss was basically a Co-starter tonight...injured last game ...didn't know if he'd even play.
....figured TCU would have more than one white defender.

Brock Bowers big 1st half so far 5 catches 102 yards + 2 carries 15 yards. Even announcers had to say "Fastest Tight End we have seen in CFB in a long time"!

3 star WR Ladd McConkey nearly spectacular catch near pylon ...solid game (4 - 74 - 1) ...37 yard TD catch thing of beauty!

Feel bad TCU doesn't have their starting RB to help Max Duggan more.

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
I guess there's no chance of seeing Cash Jones at RB? Unless this becomes a blowout.
He got hurt too; on Special Teams of course. Not sure of his injury status ??....he's the other #32 ....when it happened they said Chambliss was hurt and then corrected themselves after the commercial

Here he was in October before the injury showing the wheels.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What does Georgia have in the way of QB next year? Whitey?

Yes a whole stockpile of them. I believe Carson Beck is next in line to start. Brock Vandagriff is also a big time recruit as is Gunner Stockton. Its another case of a team stockpiling White talent at the position. Hopefully one or two of them enter the portal after this game.